Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 1, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #11,221 of 11,642
Looking over the product page, it seems I would be able to use it just as the BTR7, a BT device I stick in my pocket, connected to my phone. If so, then that might the up-grade I'm looking for.

Though, I don't know if I am reading it correctly, but is there a difference in usage when used over BT rather than connected directly to a device? Would there even be a difference between QCC 5125 vs XMOS under the System Framework portion of the product page.

Though the profile is completly different between the BTR7, did you take the G5 outside a lot, how was the experience?

It's roughly the size of a mid-sized iPhone but at least 50% thicker. I use it as a bluetooth receiver quite often with both Android and iPhone. To my ears, the reduction in soundstage and resolution over AAC (iPhone) is not as bad as my 2019 BTR5, so I use G5 this way quite often. If you pay a lot of attention to soundstage imaging and resolution, you might hear noticeable improvement comparing to most dongles (maybe except the Questyle M15) using IEM. The volume can go quite low on mid-gain, so I can use Andromeda no problem (can't quite use Andromeda with powerful dongles like Hidizs S9 Pro).

Drawback: EMI noise. If you stack your phone directly on top of G5, you will hear "ssss" static or pop sound once in a while when something happen with your cellular connection or wifi. Move your phone aside, and the noise disappear. This is the most disappointing aspect and can be deal killer for some people (I know one who returned G5 to buy xDuoo 05 BAL).

Fi8U7L_VUAIOMav

https://final-inc.myshopify.com/blogs/top/news-48

... with a new cable!! Goodbye to the crappy C106.

3ah6k9okldoy.jpg

Seems to cost the same as E5000

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #11,222 of 11,642
It's roughly the size of a mid-sized iPhone but at least 50% thicker. I use it as a bluetooth receiver quite often with both Android and iPhone. To my ears, the reduction in soundstage and resolution over AAC (iPhone) is not as bad as my 2019 BTR5, so I use G5 this way quite often. If you pay a lot of attention to soundstage imaging and resolution, you might hear noticeable improvement comparing to most dongles (maybe except the Questyle M15) using IEM. The volume can go quite low on mid-gain, so I can use Andromeda no problem (can't quite use Andromeda with powerful dongles like Hidizs S9 Pro).

Drawback: EMI noise. If you stack your phone directly on top of G5, you will hear "ssss" static or pop sound once in a while when something happen with your cellular connection or wifi. Move your phone aside, and the noise disappear. This is the most disappointing aspect and can be deal killer for some people (I know one who returned G5 to buy xDuoo 05 BAL).
Thank you for the promt reply, you've given me someting quite interesting to look over. The BTR7 I have is still within the return window too, sooner than nought I might be trying the G5 due to you, aha.

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #11,224 of 11,642
Fi8U7L_VUAIOMav

https://final-inc.myshopify.com/blogs/top/news-48

... with a new cable!! Goodbye to the crappy C106.
Saw that too this morning! So exciting!

Also there’s a nice-looking Make 4 but I suppose it will sadly remain restricted to the Japanese market, the ZE2000 TWS which is described as a bassier ZE3000 (honestly the ZE3000 is perfect as it is for me), and the ZE8000 with ANC and a lot of ambition.

Dec 2, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #11,226 of 11,642
Please have E series tuning :fingers_crossed:
I hope for the same but it is unlikely. Final has historically been consistent with their tuning within a series, with the exception of B and Lab.
Saw that too this morning! So exciting!

Also there’s a nice-looking Make 4 but I suppose it will sadly remain restricted to the Japanese market, the ZE2000 TWS which is described as a bassier ZE3000 (honestly the ZE3000 is perfect as it is for me), and the ZE8000 with ANC and a lot of ambition.
Make 4 is technically unreleased yet. It will be out in a week. I'll try to get my hands on one with a forwarding service.

Dec 2, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #11,228 of 11,642
I hope for the same but it is unlikely. Final has historically been consistent with their tuning within a series, with the exception of B and Lab.

Make 4 is technically unreleased yet. It will be out in a week. I'll try to get my hands on one with a forwarding service.

I know just being hopeful lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back