Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 11, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #7,426 of 11,644
Do you happen to have the new PF for comparisons to the old one?

With the silver cable, they said the treble is much better than the old models. They even discontinued fibass with old cable. I guess they might discontinue the old PF model following the route of fibass. There's a guy offering deep discount for some of the old model.

Obviously, pure silver is a great conductor.

I don't think we've got them in yet, and I don't think we'll be opening one for demo, so would have to wait for a sample from Final :D

Aug 11, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #7,427 of 11,644
I do not think there will be a discount. Now in the official store Final Audio PF X is 253000 Japanese yen ($2317), and new X-T is 261000 yen ($2390). Approximately the same price difference for the other Piano Forte. Final Audio do not like to make discounts.
FAD themselves won't do discount directly. FAB even kept the fibass3 as current in the site, even though it was discontinued for sometimes.

Deep discount would be done discreetly. There's unofficial channel for discontinuing items. For example, Just a few months ago, one Lab 1 was sold 45,000yen, another 60,000yen...and then there's the fibasb...I regretted I didn't buy that lab 1 fast. Typically, the box will be slightly destroyed and without warranty. I will keep an eye on it.

Aug 11, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #7,428 of 11,644
FAD themselves won't do discount directly. FAB even kept the fibass3 as current in the site, even though it was discontinued for sometimes.

Deep discount would be done discreetly. There's unofficial channel for discontinuing items. For example, Just a few months ago, one Lab 1 was sold 45,000yen, another 60,000yen...and then there's the fibasb...I regretted I didn't buy that lab 1 fast. Typically, the box will be slightly destroyed and without warranty. I will keep an eye on it.

Where? Give me a link please to the store. If you want, you can via PM

Aug 11, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #7,432 of 11,644
Aug 16, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #7,434 of 11,644
After 100h sounds beautiful :) 20170811_140415.jpg

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #7,436 of 11,644
Hi guys

I'd like to replace my old but still valiant Jays Q Jays (first generation). With my Cowon S9, It was a perfect duo for the price . With my new Cowon Plénue 1, I want to go next step.

After reading a lot of iem reviews (and all this thread), I kept in mind a few of them.
Now it's time to choose but not that simple since I can't try them before buying !

My preference goes to FAD's products ( Heaven VI, VII, VIII or FI BASS) but I'm also thinking about Sennheiser IE 800 and Cardas EM 5813 which appear to be great choices as well.
In FAD's family, FI BASS seems to have the unanimity and heaven VI seems to be more popular than its later versions. But what about IE 800 and EM 5813 compared to FAD ?

At the time of selection, your help could be precious if anyone of you tried those products.

Precision: I primarily listen to metal, hard-rock but also all other styles from time to time.

Thanks. (sorry for my english, I'm french).

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #7,438 of 11,644
Fibass is better than ie800 for all characteristics (mids, bass, treble)
For rock, metal - the best I've heard, among all the earphones. Read this topic a couple of months ago, already asked a similar question. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fin...scussion-thread.613641/page-468#post-13334061[/

Thanks for your quick response. I had read this (but read too much to remember everything).
However, I forgot to ask if the FI BASS was very noisy for people near us (the only semi-open in my selection) . I often listen to music late with my wife sleeping right next to me !

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #7,439 of 11,644
Absolutely not noisy. You just need to put them correctly in your ears. This fit in the ears is wrong. Because of the metal stick, earphones can not be completely seated in the ears. They seem to stick out. The sound is MUCH worse than when the earphones are fully seated in the ears.

k3fSSYwoTDC9LcDsMemQTQ.png

It is necessary to wear as Shure SE846 Then they will enter into the ear completely, the sound is simply fantastic. A metal stick must be on top, not on the bottom. Remember this. And you get the audio nirvana.

The cable must be passed from above the ear. As in the photo.
EcY2Ko4rROmYH9BFFEcLjQ.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back