Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 10, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #7,006 of 11,644
If you will attend this year Socal Can Jam on April 8/9 let me know, I will be there with my Lab 2 and I can let you listen to it.

Thank you, Jalo, for your offer. I might be attending depending on my schedule; if so, I'll message you. I'd love to listen to the LAB II. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #7,007 of 11,644

Thank you, Jalo, for your offer. I might be attending depending on my schedule; if so, I'll message you. I'd love to listen to the LAB II. 
biggrin.gif

If you do make sure you bring your 240SS.  I think the Lab 2 will match up beautifully with the SS beacuse of the speed and clarity.

Mar 11, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #7,009 of 11,644
Rumina, you mentioned Susan Wong in one of your posts, what are some of your favourite of her pieces? I find the Lab 2 is extremely good with female vocal especially the kind of mature voice like Susan. Have you listened to Joanna Wang, magnetic, raspy, jazzy and down right sexy. As I listen to her, it is like carrying an intimate dialogue with me.

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #7,010 of 11,644
Rumina, you mentioned Susan Wong in one of your posts, what are some of your favourite of her pieces? I find the Lab 2 is extremely good with female vocal especially the kind of mature voice like Susan. Have you listened to Joanna Wang, magnetic, raspy, jazzy and down right sexy. As I listen to her, it is like carrying an intimate dialogue with me.

You should try this album then!!!

YnjuKQQ.jpg

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #7,012 of 11,644
Mar 11, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #7,013 of 11,644

you go me jalo :wink:, i love female vocalist a lot, so i love headgear like the lab 2. listen mostly to older recording, my favorite singers are betty carter, nina simone, esther phillips and aretha franklin or naomi shelton to name a few. susan wong's recording are superb mastered and she has a lovely, as you say mature and trained voice, realy like the ablum "step into my dreams". when talking about older vocalist they have often the better trained voice then todays singers, you simply hear that these ladys have their voice under extreme well control.

joanna wang is new to me, so thanks for the tip, will listen to her this evening thanks to tidal. allways good to discover new artist, the best part with tidal for me. 

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #7,015 of 11,644
Mar 11, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #7,016 of 11,644
  you go me jalo :wink:, i love female vocalist a lot, so i love headgear like the lab 2. listen mostly to older recording, my favorite singers are betty carter, nina simone, esther phillips and aretha franklin or naomi shelton to name a few. susan wong's recording are superb mastered and she has a lovely, as you say mature and trained voice, realy like the ablum "step into my dreams". when talking about older vocalist they have often the better trained voice then todays singers, you simply hear that these ladys have their voice under extreme well control.

joanna wang is new to me, so thanks for the tip, will listen to her this evening thanks to tidal. allways good to discover new artist, the best part with tidal for me. 

Yes those are wonderful artists, I also like Nana Mouskouri.  The Lab 2 has a way of rendering female voices, their emotional inflection, their attitude.  I was thinking about this as I was listening.  I think it is the Lab 2's ability to capture every accent the artist placed on every notes, and decaying will sustain as long as there is air to move sound waves.    

Mar 12, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #7,018 of 11,644
 They really have a very fun way of presenting your music. I'm very interested in the PF's which model would be best for rockn roll? 

Start with PF 8, If you like their sound, then go to 9 and 10, because all PF series has a very similar sound. If you do not like this sound signature - their will be easier to sell without losing a lot of money. In general, if the rock is heavy, then I'm not sure that the PF will fit, because bass guitars will not have enough power, strength, anger, pressure.

Mar 12, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #7,019 of 11,644
Start with PF 8, If you like their sound, then go to 9 and 10, because all PF series has a very similar sound. If you do not like it - their will be easier to sell without losing a lot of money. In general, if the rock is heavy, then I'm not sure that the PF will fit, because bass guitars will not have enough power, strength.
That's awesome thank you very much. I think my next earphone I'm going to try the pf8. I've always wanted to try one of the PF's. appreciate your advise :blush:

Mar 12, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #7,020 of 11,644
How does it cope with metal?

Outstanding! Speed, pressure and aggression. A lot of drivers (3-4-5 or more) can not do this as a single driver. Multiple drivers headphones need to reconcile each driver, so the power and rush of music is lost. This is probably why the FINAL products do not have multi-driver in ear headphones at all. Keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back