Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 17, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #7,081 of 11,644
@Bidn, great post, and a lot of good points. Thanks.

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #7,082 of 11,644
I did an a/b between my original drop Heaven III and my new pair. The new pair is noticeably brighter. It doesn't sound like a different earphone, just careful listening of a trained ear would be able to hear the difference easily.. Either the tuning has been tweaked, there is sample variation, or burn-in may apply to this earphone. Both are fantastic, but I prefer the brighter pair. Mids and bass seem comparable between the two earphones.

Mar 17, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #7,083 of 11,644
I did an a/b between my original drop Heaven III and my new pair. The new pair is noticeably brighter. It doesn't sound like a different earphone, just careful listening of a trained ear would be able to hear the difference easily.. Either the tuning has been tweaked, there is sample variation, or burn-in may apply to this earphone. Both are fantastic, but I prefer the brighter pair. Mids and bass seem comparable between the two earphones.
I can't believe how much bass there is for a single ba. I haven't listened to my ii's in a while but from memory the ii's are more neutral then the iii's more detail it seems. But the iii's are more fun sounding to me. I like them actually. They won't replace my fostex te100 's or anything like that lol but for the price you can't go wrong.

Mar 18, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #7,084 of 11,644
For those who own the FI-BA-SS, if you haven't tried the JVC Spiral Dot tips, I would recommend checking them out. I've found these are better, especially in the bass, compared to the Final tips.

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #7,085 of 11,644
For those who own the FI-BA-SS, if you haven't tried the JVC Spiral Dot tips, I would recommend checking them out. I've found these are better, especially in the bass, compared to the Final tips.

i don't know if you've ever used custom tips, but how comfortable are these compared to customs?

Mar 18, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #7,087 of 11,644
i don't know if you've ever used custom tips, but how comfortable are these compared to customs?

I'm not sure what you mean by "custom tips." If you mean CIEMs, then no, I've never owned a pair, so I wouldn't be able to comment on the comfort difference. I will say I find the JVC tips comfortable for long listening sessions.

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #7,089 of 11,644
Hey all, I ordered the  FAD  Heaven III from the first massdrop run I absolutely love it. Only thing I would change is the cable, its microphonic as hell.. How would I go about disassembling the casing to unsolder the wires and put in a new cable?

Try using them upside down an run the cable back over the ear

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #7,090 of 11,644
Hey all, I ordered the  FAD  Heaven III from the first massdrop run I absolutely love it. Only thing I would change is the cable, its microphonic as hell.. How would I go about disassembling the casing to unsolder the wires and put in a new cable?
I was listening to it today and I'm actually shocked how good it sounds for the money. But as some people have stated before when turning the volume up high they become shouty. But again that's pretty loud to start with. The rolled off treble might be a problem for some but I really don't mind it. And at the cheap cost of these I can't complain at all. I was reading on massdrop today in the mystery box drop they had a while ago some people had got the iv's and they say that the bass is pretty much rolled off. So I'm thinking even though the iii might have the iv driver in them they aren't tuned like the iv's at all from what I have read. Cause if one thing I find the bass isn't rolled off at all really.

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #7,092 of 11,644
While that does work its not ideal, the way the iem is designed is to sit in the ear with the rectangular plastic touching the inside of the ear. A regular cable would allow that and not be as annoying as a flat cable. TY for the suggestion though!

What works best with my Heaven V is to wear it down as designed and then just loosely bring the cable up and over my ears. Probably doesn't look ideal but it keeps the bend in the cable to a gentle curve and the angle already keeps it flat when laying on top of my ear so it's comfortable. It definitely wasn't designed to go over ear but it's very doable and works well enough.

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #7,093 of 11,644
I found that using my hp-p1 amp/dac didn't really improve the sound that much with the iii's as they sounded really good from my iPhone 7. I thought that the ii's really sounded great from the hp-p1 and really improved a lot. I found Kinda funny I paid up here in Canada about 2-3 times more for the ii's then I did the iii's lol the ii's are more neutral sounding then the iiis with the vocals more up front on the ii's imo. But non the less I find the iii's more of a fun sounding earphone probably due to the lifted bass. I wouldn't call the mids recessed on the iii's but they do sit back a little more then the ii's do. Both to me are of a great value for sure.
I'm curious if someone can help as I haven't heard any other of the heaven series. If I like the iii's presentation what would be an up grade of the same kinda presentation up in the heaven series.?

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #7,095 of 11,644
@Bidn, great post, and a lot of good points. Thanks.

Jalo,

thank you so much for these compliements, Jalo!

thank you also for informing me last week that the LAB II is sold out.
Then, given the reviews by you and by Rumina,
I immediately went on asking sellers who were still including it in their online catalog,
whether they would be able to get me one,
I immediately ordered it (Friday night) with the first seller who answered positively,
waiting time = about 1 week,
I hope they can really deliver one,
From all trademarks, I love the most the sound of Focal and of Final, 
so if that those combine the best of both.... just hoping I can get them....

BTW afI contac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back