Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #5,042 of 11,686
I love this new design, especially if it's in gun-metal finish, but Matt black is a gd start. It has an edgy designerish air about the design. In my humble opinion, FAD is going after the big boys that are famed for their design, eg B&O, but of cause FAD offers better and more unique sonic experience. Just hope they do more to the boxes. What they did for cases are no way near what they ought to be. Am I asking too much? I do not think so, somehow.

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #5,043 of 11,686
  Heaven VII - "on the move" impressions:
  1. TL;DR: these are very good IEMs for commuting / travelling, but less suited for fast walking / running
  2. Excellent isolation (comparable to Shure / Westone) due to their long tapered housings and non-vented design
  3. Great ergonomics - very easy to put in and take out when you're on the go
  4. Cable is supple in warm temperatures, but tends to become stiffer and harder to wear over-ears below freezing point
  5. Absence of chin slider is annoying - build your own DIY slider
  6. Louder-than-average footfall noise, a result of high isolation and bone conduction via metal housings
  7. Seal tends to loosen during physical activity, due to high weight of the housings
  8. Lotsa looks from the female half of the population. If that makes you uneasy, be sure to get the non-glitz version.

So  is there an IEM/Custom that has similar SQ as the FAD Heaven series that is more "on the move" friendly, that doesn't have "louder than average footfall noise/bone conduction via metal housings?   (I love to take my dog for walks at the river and have found it best to sit absolutely still to enjoy my FAD Heaven V.)   I also find that the cable is ridiculous, tangles and clearly ties the Aurisonic Rocket cable in microphonics!!)  

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #5,044 of 11,686
  So  is there an IEM/Custom that has similar SQ as the FAD Heaven series that is more "on the move" friendly, that doesn't have "louder than average footfall noise/bone conduction via metal housings?   (I love to take my dog for walks at the river and have found it best to sit absolutely still to enjoy my FAD Heaven V.)   I also find that the cable is ridiculous, tangles and clearly ties the Aurisonic Rocket cable in microphonics!!)  

A shirt clip usually takes care of most of the noise, in my experience. However, a shirt clip looks/feels seriously geeky.

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #5,045 of 11,686

A shirt clip usually takes care of most of the noise, in my experience. However, a shirt clip looks/feels seriously geeky.

Another somewhat less than optimal solution from a looks perspective:

Take the cable from the hanging down position on the Heaven V, and just loop it gently over your ears. It's comfortable and removes most cable noise. Downside: look in a mirror. Upside: in my experience, no one actually gives a damn.

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #5,046 of 11,686
Another somewhat less than optimal solution from a looks perspective:

Take the cable from the hanging down position on the Heaven V, and just loop it gently over your ears. It's comfortable and removes most cable noise. Downside: look in a mirror. Upside: in my experience, no one actually gives a damn.

I tried that and LOL at the retard standing in front of me in the mirror 
darthsmile.gif
 Anw it doesn't fit me so well, maybe my ears are too narrow. Nevertheless it does the trick, though it's not like I ever bring my Heaven V for a walk anyway
bigsmile_face.gif

BTW just want to say, feed the Heaven V nice setup and It will bring you to Heaven (not literally luckily lol). If the LAB I bring me to Hell then Hell wouldn't be such a bad place afterall (not that I can afford it anw, a man can dream no?
ksc75smile.gif
)

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #5,048 of 11,686

Just for clarification, I was talking about the Heaven VII and you're talking about the V. Very different ergonomics, the V have those stupid Ety-like outward-angled strain reliefs, which btw is the main reason why I took a pass on that series. The VII are much more over-ear friendly, and even when worn cable-downwards, decidedly less microphonic than the Rockets.

Also, footfall noise is different from microphonics, as it's caused by bone conduction inside your ear. It usually isn't much of a concern if you're just strolling around, but can get pretty loud and annoying during fast walking or running.

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #5,051 of 11,686
Ok so for me more between Heaven VIII and Lab 1...both painted in black.

Hah! The Lab 1 looks better than you think. That laser fused titanium powder had a natural 'ruttiness' which is preserved on the end dimples where they do not polish. There is nothing quite like it.

Yes it is a bit bling... but titanium does look different. 

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #5,052 of 11,686
Damn I am tempted by the Heaven VII as my run-around IEM straight from the M. That black is hot.

A comparison of the Heaven VI and Heaven VII would be really useful.

Seriously though, I thought that I was finished buying IEMs.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #5,054 of 11,686
think of giving it a go with a fad heaven series phone...already using shure 500 pth, sennheiser ie80 and UE super.fi 5 EB and each of these are good for a reason, think i would rank them: 500>UE>=80, however this is a dynamic rank...moving away from v shaped signatures and looking for more midcentric with good vocals and sufficient bass(quality more than quantity wise)...would you reckon there would be any substantial difference between hvii and viii ? - it's been a while since I tested shortly both of them but vii is immediately available while viii may take a while...is it worth waiting for viii to arrive or should i give it a go with vii and if so the silver or black one (any perceived difference between the two)?

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #5,055 of 11,686
I also would appreciate some help. I have enjoyed Heaven V for a year now with an Fiio X3. Would I get the most

value by moving up to the Heaven vii / viii first or keeping the Heaven V and spending the additional 400.00 on

a different player...if so, what players are recommended to consider?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back