Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #2,941 of 11,642
Quote:

Where do you see this price? Heaven VI is 487-492$:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/e-earphone/item/4560329070871/

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #2,943 of 11,642
 Plenty of people sign up for Tenso for the simple reason to save the money. I have used PriceJapan in the past but find they are a bit too pricey. Not sure how much the 3,000 Yen off shipping actually makes it but is not a negligible difference for me. 10 or $15 yeah but $50 is worth it for some people.

If I remember correct, PriceJapan since I would do PP CC adds a 3.5% fee as well.

Some use Amazon/tenso, some Rakuten, and some PJ for their own reasons. I used PJ since that was the only place to get that particular item so either I wanted it enough or not.

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #2,945 of 11,642
Quote:
So I have to buy V now too ??????
confused_face_2.gif

Lol. why do u want to buy all? Get one and enjoy. For Final Audio, it's all about the music. The signature differs just so slightly to my ears, and they basically carry the same house signature. Get either V or VI if you're unsure, both are great! Get IV for value. And get V Aging for some surprise!

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #2,946 of 11,642
Quote:

Lol. why do u want to buy all? Get one and enjoy. For Final Audio, it's all about the music. The signature differs just so slightly to my ears, and they basically carry the same house signature. Get either V or VI if you're unsure, both are great! Get IV for value. And get V Aging for some surprise!

I was lead to believe that Heaven V is very similar to VI (90-95%), only slightly less resolving.
Now I read that it is a different signature - a more transparent (resolving?) one.
What to believe now?

And is there a reason to own it alongside IV and VI ?

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #2,947 of 11,642
Quote:
 Plenty of people sign up for Tenso for the simple reason to save the money. I have used PriceJapan in the past but find they are a bit too pricey. Not sure how much the 3,000 Yen off shipping actually makes it but is not a negligible difference for me. 10 or $15 yeah but $50 is worth it for some people.

If I remember correct, PriceJapan since I would do PP CC adds a 3.5% fee as well.

Some use Amazon/tenso, some Rakuten, and some PJ for their own reasons. I used PJ since that was the only place to get that particular item so either I wanted it enough or not.

I would stay away from Rakuten, there have been many reports of stolen credit card numbers after using them. That was mentioned on another site  here.

Btw, I'm selling a pair of IV's on the for sale forum's. Bought them off of ebay in new condtion then decided to save for a VI instead.
Listing here.

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #2,948 of 11,642
That would certainly be a good reason not to use Rakuten.

Probably best to get them from Musica esp. if there are deals. Dmitri is easy to deal with for warranty and such so some peace of mind. Unless there is something of recent I don't know about like the Rakuten thing :) So many earphones out it is hard to keep up with both the various models and the sellers as well!    

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #2,949 of 11,642
Quote:
I was lead to believe that Heaven V is very similar to VI (90-95%), only slightly less resolving.
Now I read that it is a different signature - a more transparent (resolving?) one.
What to believe now?

And is there a reason to own it alongside IV and VI ?

Well, anyone can lead you to believe anything. LOL. More importantly, it's your ears. To me, I can somehow say I prefer Heaven V to Heaven VI on first 50 hours impression. But I don't dare to say after the signature burned in to my head, I may choose Heaven V still. But to my ears, both are really lovely. Can't get wrong on either.

Well, the only reason i can think of myself owning all IV, V, and VI is that I'm really rich and don't know what to choose. I don't think it's necessary to choose them all. After all, there are plentiful of gears to try out yet, and the money can be used to collect more CDs.

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #2,950 of 11,642
Quote:
akarise, I am not contradicting anything that is being said since I have never heard the Heaven V. I would nonetheless remind that you multiple posts from any one person still present just one opinion from one person.

Related but not OT, in my brief test of the Heaven IV I did not think that it competed in the same class as the Heaven VI although it presents a much more reasonable purchase in dollar terms.

Thanks for the reminder, I'm well aware of that, which is why I'd like to know if you agree with autumnholy's opinion that the VI has recessed mids compared to the V.

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #2,951 of 11,642
Have not written much here recently but am having a bit of a revelation this afternoon with my PF's!

I am "slumming" it at the moment having to listen directly out of my HM-801 as my ASP amp is back in Japan having some modifications done due to the HP socket failing.

So this afternoon It is cooler here so the window can be closed so I thought I would listen to the PF's.

I must say that the combination of PF's and 801 are quite sublime!

Just listened to fanfare for a common man by Copland and the gongs were lovely and brassy in their decay. Now I am listening to Andy Williams and I feel I am in some Vegas lounge listening up close and personal with this wonderful old crooner.

The PF's and 801 are a wonderful combination. Can't wait till my AK120 arrives this week and I get to play some DSD files through the PF's!

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #2,952 of 11,642
Quote:
Thanks for the reminder, I'm well aware of that, which is why I'd like to know if you agree with autumnholy's opinion that the VI has recessed mids compared to the V.

Relative to a headphone that I have not heard, in this case the Heaven V, anything is possible. Generally I do not think that the Heaven VI has recessed mids.

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #2,953 of 11,642
Quote:

Relative to a headphone that I have not heard, in this case the Heaven V, anything is possible. Generally I do not think that the Heaven VI has recessed mids.

Oh I forgot you hadn't heard the V, my bad! After much deliberation, finally pulled the trigger on the V, that $400 price tag for the VI was just too much for me to stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back