Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #2,926 of 11,640
Quote:
If anyone interested, my Heaven V are up for sale here.

Need more funds for Alpha Dog pre-order.

Those look beautiful, did they come with the case or did you buy the case separately?

Aug 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #2,927 of 11,640
anyone reciprocate my thought on Heaven VI sounds similar to Heaven S? I felt that they have that kind of "veil", and sounds thicker and more lively compared to Heaven V and Heaven C, respectively.

Aug 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #2,928 of 11,640
I just received my 1601sb, a day after I mailed off the loaners.

I tried a slightly bigger tip but still nothing near a real seal, so more boomboom without taking away from the mids.
They're awesome!
beerchug.gif

ksc75smile.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2,929 of 11,640
Quote:
anyone reciprocate my thought on Heaven VI sounds similar to Heaven S? I felt that they have that kind of "veil", and sounds thicker and more lively compared to Heaven V and Heaven C, respectively.

Can you elaborate what you mean by "veil" compared to the Heaven V? Do you mean that as a good thing?

Aug 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #2,931 of 11,640
Quote:
Can you elaborate what you mean by "veil" compared to the Heaven V? Do you mean that as a good thing?

There's a slightly recessed mid to my ears. In Heaven V, there isn't such an issue from my perception. I guess it's often comparable with HD600 vs HD650 kind of "veil".

Aug 17, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #2,932 of 11,640
Quote:

There's a slightly recessed mid to my ears. In Heaven V, there isn't such an issue from my perception. I guess it's often comparable with HD600 vs HD650 kind of "veil".

That's surprising, I was under the impression that the Heaven series was more mid-centric. I'm having a hard time trying to decide between the V and VI but if what you say is true, I'll definitely choose the V.

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #2,933 of 11,640
Quote:
That's surprising, I was under the impression that the Heaven series was more mid-centric. I'm having a hard time trying to decide between the V and VI but if what you say is true, I'll definitely choose the V.

Don't take my word for what it is. Everyone is bound to have their own user experience. To me, it may sound so. Well, it's still a toss up between V and VI. But the price difference is... well, over my place here, double.

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #2,934 of 11,640
Quote:

Don't take my word for what it is. Everyone is bound to have their own user experience. To me, it may sound so. Well, it's still a toss up between V and VI. But the price difference is... well, over my place here, double.

If possible, try and order from pricejapan, the V is about $320, and the VI $420, and shipping shouldn't be too much.

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #2,935 of 11,640
Quote:

Glad to see almost every single 160X owner enjoyed the above track. I have to admit I was a bit surprised by the unexpected and almost overwhelming positive feedback I received. Thanks guys, you're the best!

This track, as you have so generously shared, is fantastically rendered by the PFIX's. I tried the track through the Kaede's, which, unsurprisingly, do not do it justice like the FAD's do. Thanks!!

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #2,936 of 11,640
Quote:

So are the V and VI really that close in terms of sound quality and which one do you find yourself listening to more? I prefer the look of the V (and its much lower cost), just afraid that I'm gonna feel a need to upgrade to the VI later if I go with the V now...

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #2,937 of 11,640
Quote:
So are the V and VI really that close in terms of sound quality and which one do you find yourself listening to more? I prefer the look of the V (and its much lower cost), just afraid that I'm gonna feel a need to upgrade to the VI later if I go with the V now...

IMRHO (R = Really), to pursue purity go for H-V, to pursue liveliness go for VI, go basic and enjoy the house signature which exists in all models, go for IV.

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #2,938 of 11,640
Quote:

IMRHO (R = Really), to pursue purity go for H-V, to pursue liveliness go for VI, go basic and enjoy the house signature which exists in all models, go for IV.

So I have to buy V now too ??????
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #2,939 of 11,640
akarise, I am not contradicting anything that is being said since I have never heard the Heaven V. I would nonetheless remind that you multiple posts from any one person still present just one opinion from one person.

Related but not OT, in my brief test of the Heaven IV I did not think that it competed in the same class as the Heaven VI although it presents a much more reasonable purchase in dollar terms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back