Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Apr 27, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #2,446 of 4,847
It is really pretty easy to replace the pads. I had the same question earlier in this thread and there is a reply with a different video, for the D8000. I didn't book mark it sorry, but should be easy to find.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #2,447 of 4,847
It is really pretty easy to replace the pads. I had the same question earlier in this thread and there is a reply with a different video, for the D8000. I didn't book mark it, sorry. but should be easy to find.
thanks! let me search for it.

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #2,448 of 4,847
It is really pretty easy to replace the pads. I had the same question earlier in this thread and there is a reply with a different video, for the D8000. I didn't book mark it, sorry. but should be easy to find.
Thanks! found it! Most reassuring. :)

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #2,449 of 4,847
Hi all! I have a D8000 whose ear pads have sadly lost its shape and is a bit flat. Is it easy to change the ear pads yourself? I tried to find any info online and it all seems to point back to the same video on YouTube on changing ear pads for Sonorous. Thanks!
I didn't care for the stock D8000 pads at all and changed them to the D8000 Pro's "G" pads as soon as possible. The G pads aren't cheap, but they feel better on my face and definitely sound better IMO.

Changing out those pads is pretty similar to changing other mfr's pads (ie, Brainwavz), with the main difference being that the foam inside the Final pads can be revealed if you unwrap the pad far enough. So when you're swapping these pads, you're also taking care not to unwrap the outer material, revealing the foam. It's just a little bit of a precaution that's pure common sense once you handle the pads for the first time.

Otherwise, it's the usual deal: slide the earpad's backflap material into the groove where it goes, then you're done.

Apr 28, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #2,450 of 4,847
Hugo 2 and D8000/Pro has been mentioned a few times on this thread, and yes - this is a great pairing, indeed. Though it's even better when you throw a C9 into the mix....:L3000:

The D8000 Pro have grown on me (not literally) since receiving them. As I mentioned before, they don't "wow" you but they do have a subtle and very natural presentation, which leaves nothing out. I find them overall very immersive and quite addictive. Once they're on, they tend to stay on (until my wife complains). They're also incredibly transparent in terms of revealing shortfalls in one's set-up (including interconnects, too, I find).

Another recommendation for the Forza Hybrid Noir cable, too - pairs perfectly in every sense.

11103590.jpg

Apr 28, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #2,451 of 4,847
Had the chance to try the Erzetich Phobos V2 and make a brief comparison with the Final D8K pro today.

Overall, the Phobos are very good headphones. Great built quality and very laid back sound with proper midbass punch. The subass roll off (a la Grado) makes it even punchier and very fun with some genres like rock, metal and punk. However, they lack proper extension in the subass and the highs are missing some bite and spark (easy fix with EQ)

The Finals got significant better clarity, bass extension and texture. The harmonics and decay of the instruments sounds way more lifelike in the Finals.
The tuning is quite different, but besides from the tuning, what really makes the Finals D8K a TOTL and makes the biggest difference, is the imaging and staging.
The Phobos got a pretty big soundstage and good imaging, but the Finals just take the cake on this regard. The stereo imaging, separation and air between instruments is just in another level, creating a 3d holographic effect that the Phobos cannot recreate. That's what makes the Finals D8K Pro so addicting IMO.
Im shocked at how they managed to create this with a 50mm driver, which is way smaller than most planars out there. Kudos to Final Audio.

On a sidenote: had the chance to listen to the Megatron DAC/AMP from Venture electronics. It became the star of the show.
A 50$ DAC amp with class A/B amplification that has gobs of power and had nothing to envy to the Ibasso 300dx. Got the potential to be a game changer in the portable game.

Some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20220428_183819.jpg
    IMG_20220428_183819.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220428_202525.jpg
    IMG_20220428_202525.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220428_202643.jpg
    IMG_20220428_202643.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #2,452 of 4,847
Take note that Phobos are way cheaper than D8000 Pro. Build quality of Phobos for me are it's biggest downside.

Apr 29, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #2,453 of 4,847
Take note that Phobos are way cheaper than D8000 Pro. Build quality of Phobos for me are it's biggest downside.
Of course. My bad for not mentioning It.
It's not a fair comparison at all because the Phobos are half the price of the Finals.
Anyways, the Phobos are still top headphones with a very engaging sound.
About the built, It's true that they might feel too flimsy because they move and rotate so much, but I like that relaxed fit and don't think it would be a problem.

May 2, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #2,456 of 4,847
May 2, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #2,458 of 4,847
May 4, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #2,459 of 4,847
Hi guys. Im considering getting a tube amp for my Finals. Any recommendations for a good hybrid tube amp for the Final D8K Pro under 1k? Thanks!
I've been pairing mine with the Woo Audio WA8 this afternoon and like the results greatly. Very punchy. I was thinking SS would be the way to go, but actually it can sometimes render them too dry. Some tube aspect seems to create a slightly more dynamic presentation without losing too much detail.

May 4, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #2,460 of 4,847
I've been pairing mine with the Woo Audio WA8 this afternoon and like the results greatly. Very punchy. I was thinking SS would be the way to go, but actually it can sometimes render them too dry. Some tube aspect seems to create a slightly more dynamic presentation without losing too much detail.
Thanks for the feedback. I think that you are totally right, the Finals got more than enough detail to sacrifice a little bit in exchange for some tube warmth.
The W8 looks amazing but I think I'll go with a desktop one instead of a portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back