Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Apr 26, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #2,431 of 4,925
Does anyone know if the headphone connector is the same with the D8000 and D8000 Pro?

Apr 27, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #2,435 of 4,925
Got a pic? Curious to see how it looks together.

Sure: This should make you smile!! LOL...

20220427_104629.jpg

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #2,437 of 4,925
Just using the headphone to hold in place...its a good non slip fit, comfortable and doesnt move around at all for me..
This is made for ZMF cans and it does have a opening to install on a headphone with a thin support...but its not big enough to
let the D8000 Pro headband in the opening etc...

Could get a few velcro dots and fasten like that...foe me its a simple hold in place while putting them on...not as bad as one would think.

Apr 27, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #2,438 of 4,925
I must admit that they were a bit puzzling at the beggining, but Im getting more impressed with the D8K PRO as the time passes. They are the best all rounder that I've tried by far.

Going to a friends house tomorrow and will have the chance to compare them to the Erzetich Phobos V2, should be an insteresting one. Will share some thoughts soon.

Apr 27, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #2,439 of 4,925
I must admit that they were a bit puzzling at the beggining, but Im getting more impressed with the D8K PRO as the time passes. They are the best all rounder that I've tried by far.

Going to a friends house tomorrow and will have the chance to compare them to the Erzetich Phobos V2, should be an insteresting one. Will share some thoughts soon.
That is a comparison I'd love to hear about.

Apr 27, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #2,441 of 4,925

Phobos are great HP, very underrated.

Apr 27, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #2,442 of 4,925
Up to now, my best amp for the D8000 wasn't my best amp, the V281; it was the Monoprice Liquid Gold X, and amp said to sound really good on planars (and its true).

My newest amp is the hugely powerful Kinki Studio Vision THR-1. This amp turned into a real "project" because to use it as a preamp, I had to get XLR-to-RCA adapters--for reasons I can't understand, the preamp outputs are 3-pin XLR, not single ended, for this single ended amp. Also, the THR-1 has a crazy amt of gain and no gain settings, so I had to get a pair of high-quality 10 dB attenuators that plug into the RCA inputs of the amp (and the RCA IC from the DAC plugs into the attenuators). All of which is a lot of trouble to go to for an amp.

But it paid off BIG the other night, when for the first time I listened to the D8000 & ZMF VO on the THR-1 w/the attenuators. The sound took my breath away. Both headphones sounded crazy good.

The sound isn't greatly different from what I get on the V281 w/the VO & on the LGX w/the D8000: similar slight warmth, strong bass, detailed, spacious & musical mids & treble. The main difference, particularly on the D8000 (a very high resolution headphone) is a beautiful sense of delicacy & resonance in the upper mids & lower treble. Beyond simply being musical/not bright, the sound in that region is gorgeous. This was especially evident on classical and choral music. This really wasn't a subtle, hard to hear thing. It was obvious from the first notes.

That was easily the best sound I've gotten from both of these TOTL headphones. The D8000 continues to impress me. I didn't realize it has so much sonic upside, but clearly it does.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #2,444 of 4,925
Normally I use the D8K Pro with the Spring3 KTE & Violectric v550 but I tried it out with the Oor/Hypsos. I was really surprised at how well that setup sounded, its a great match-up. Though at the moment I'm working the Spring/v550 and am blissfully content. The Yggdrasil with either amp and the D8K Pro are good, but it tends to get a little shouty for my tastes.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #2,445 of 4,925
Hi all! I have a D8000 whose ear pads have sadly lost its shape and is a bit flat. Is it easy to change the ear pads yourself? I tried to find any info online and it all seems to point back to the same video on YouTube on changing ear pads for Sonorous. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back