[FiiO M3K] Probably the Most Cost-Effective Hi-Res Music Player, Discrete HiFi DAC Chip, Supports up to 384K/32B
Apr 24, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #377 of 636
It didn't work. But thanks for the suggestion.

01 In Error.mp3, 02 Earthbound.mp3, 03 Insight.mp3, 04 Father.mp3, 05 Blink.mp3, 06 The Sinking.mp3, 07 Son.mp3, 08 Regret.mp3, 09 Eclipse.mp3, 10 Absence.mp3

Here is how it is listing the songs under Album.

Absence, Blink, Earthbound, Eclipse, Father, In Error, Insight, Regret, Son, The Sinking

I'm going to try and post a picture of my tags.

03.png

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #378 of 636
FiiO M3K Mini HiFi

Firmware 1.3.0

Songs Tagged ID3v1.1 and ID3v2.4

I'm sorry if any of you already brought up this issue. This is a an extremely long thread and I did try to do a search before I decided to post. I didn't see anything relating to this issue. I'm hoping that someone will read this and know what might be going on.

On the player I go Category - Artist - Album and Then I select the first song. I noticed that on one of my Albums, the Songs are not listed in order by Track. Just as an Example these songs appear to be Alphabetized instead of listed by Track Number.

This List Comes from My Computer:

01 - In Error.mp3, 02 - Earthbound.mp3, 03 - Insight.mp3, 04 - Father.mp3, 05 - Blink.mp3, 06 - The Sinking.mp3, 07 - Son.mp3, 08 - Regret.mp3, 09 - Eclipse.mp3, 10 - Absence.mp3

What happens is on the player it lists the song "Absence" first. The Song that should be listed first is "In Error".

Since I'm new here and the rules appear to be strict, I don't want to risk posting images yet. The Bit Rates are: 283CBR, and the Track Numbers is simply 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

What is really odd is that I have another Album by a different artist and the player does list the songs to that one in proper Track order.
Dear friend,

Please send email to support@fiio.com and attach your album files.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 27, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #379 of 636
I emailed you and told you the songs are Copy Righted. :frowning2: Unauthorized copying of music is prohibited by Federal Law. https://www.riaa.com/resources-learning/about-piracy/

Please explain to me how this is an exception to that law. If you can show me that there is an exception to that law for you, then I will be glad to send you the music in question.

Also I tried this music on your player, and it won't play them in order either.
https://stephanieforryan.bandcamp.com/

May 17, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #380 of 636
hey guys! im looking at upgrading my m3 and came across this thread in my travels. ive read the last 15 or so pages but havent been able to verify whether the 3 main peeves i have with the m3 have been rectified with the m3k.

1. biggest annoyance is not playing folders in alphabetical order. i used the sorting program mentioned everywhere when the m3 came out but it still usually leaves one or 2 folders unsorted for some reason.
2. m3 is rather picky with what usb port it uses. i have the best luck with usb 3 ports (even tho it isnt usb 3) on the back of pc even if the front ports are wired directly to the mainboard. have tried it on several machines of varying spec and age right up to my new few month old ryzen but still the same result.
3. gapless playback. i listen to alot of continuous dj mixes so having a break between tracks is a bit annoying. im pretty sure i saw somewhere here that it was being looked at or has been fixed with a newer update??

finally, anyone go from the m3 to the m3k? is the extra size noticeable? what are your general thoughts? other than a few little hiccups with random shutdowns and the problems above ive been pretty happy with the device even tho the build quality wasnt anywhere near as nice as my old creative zen player so im thinking the m3k at least ticks that box.

May 17, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #381 of 636
I love my M3K player after the last update that gave us customized EQ. I use the EQ to up my bass a bit leaving table alone since its great in the M3K. I only play my music as random off my 64GB card so I cant tell you about folder playing. I have all my music in iTunes on an iMac so I just put all my best cds into massive playlists in iTunes and just dragged the three huge playlists into the card that came up on my iMac as storage. Worked fine when I plugged the M3K into any USB port on the iMac. The M3K has a small screen so it might be a pain to hunt around on it for certain songs or cds. I use the M3K for on the go playing. Looking into buying the Fiio M11 to set up a home listening area when it gets released and I see some expert reviews. Hope this helps.

May 20, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #382 of 636
hey guys! im looking at upgrading my m3 and came across this thread in my travels. ive read the last 15 or so pages but havent been able to verify whether the 3 main peeves i have with the m3 have been rectified with the m3k.

1. biggest annoyance is not playing folders in alphabetical order. i used the sorting program mentioned everywhere when the m3 came out but it still usually leaves one or 2 folders unsorted for some reason.
2. m3 is rather picky with what usb port it uses. i have the best luck with usb 3 ports (even tho it isnt usb 3) on the back of pc even if the front ports are wired directly to the mainboard. have tried it on several machines of varying spec and age right up to my new few month old ryzen but still the same result.
3. gapless playback. i listen to alot of continuous dj mixes so having a break between tracks is a bit annoying. im pretty sure i saw somewhere here that it was being looked at or has been fixed with a newer update??

finally, anyone go from the m3 to the m3k? is the extra size noticeable? what are your general thoughts? other than a few little hiccups with random shutdowns and the problems above ive been pretty happy with the device even tho the build quality wasnt anywhere near as nice as my old creative zen player so im thinking the m3k at least ticks that box.

No need to use a FAT sorting tool, the m3k sorts order correctly, not sure if it does this based on numeric/alphabetical or using tags, all my songs within a folder start with track number, I have a couple of hundred albums on SD card, not found an issue with any so far. USB hasn't been an issue on any PC I've used, it would have been great to see USB C but not a deal breaker to me as still have loads of micro USB devices and cables about. Every album I have with gapless has worked perfectly (all 16bit flac I think, not sure I have any live albums or mixed electronic music in 24bit).
The only issues I have with the m3k are:
2 second delay between start of track and art being displayed (minor issue) and UI gets choppy when EQ is applied (I use EQ rarely so generally not an issue but sometimes like to boost bass when listening to electronic music with multi-driver IEMs).
It's a great little DAP with stellar battery life, if they could improve the minor bugs above with optimised firmware then it'd be close to perfect for me as a simple basic player.

May 24, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #383 of 636
The more I listen to my little friend M3k paired with A3amp, KOSS ksc 75s the more I love it.
I have asked this question elsewhere on this forum but little or no replys so ask here.
I REALLY need a good sound isolating over ear headphones to not wake my wife during late nite classic rock sessions.
SUGGESTIONS please?
50-100 euros with as good if not better sound than KOSS I use now.
THANKS
rh

May 24, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #384 of 636
The more I listen to my little friend M3k paired with A3amp, KOSS ksc 75s the more I love it.
I have asked this question elsewhere on this forum but little or no replys so ask here.
I REALLY need a good sound isolating over ear headphones to not wake my wife during late nite classic rock sessions.
SUGGESTIONS please?
50-100 euros with as good if not better sound than KOSS I use now.
THANKS
rh

Perhaps the Sony MDR-V6 might be a good fit for you?

May 25, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #385 of 636
Perhaps the Sony MDR-V6 might be a good fit for you?
Thank you.
I will study it now.
r h
So after some study find these are good old classics like me and the music I love,
BUT,
on ear, not over, so isolation for wife not good enough...
other suggestions anyone else maybe please??
Can anyone suggest best search ideas here for entire forum please?
r h

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #386 of 636
Thank you.
I will study it now.
r h
So after some study find these are good old classics like me and the music I love,
BUT,
on ear, not over, so isolation for wife not good enough...
other suggestions anyone else maybe please??
Can anyone suggest best search ideas here for entire forum please?
r h

You might want to check out Z Reviews on youtube. He has a lot of headphones put up for sound demos. Although that's not a 100% way of doing things. But should give a decent idea of the headphones sound.

I'm not really a headphones guy. I own the wireless mpow h5 for convenience. But they sound pretty good (balanced) compared to previous purchases.

May 26, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #387 of 636
I love my M3K player after the last update that gave us customized EQ. I use the EQ to up my bass a bit leaving table alone since its great in the M3K. I only play my music as random off my 64GB card so I cant tell you about folder playing. I have all my music in iTunes on an iMac so I just put all my best cds into massive playlists in iTunes and just dragged the three huge playlists into the card that came up on my iMac as storage. Worked fine when I plugged the M3K into any USB port on the iMac. The M3K has a small screen so it might be a pain to hunt around on it for certain songs or cds. I use the M3K for on the go playing. Looking into buying the Fiio M11 to set up a home listening area when it gets released and I see some expert reviews. Hope this helps.

No need to use a FAT sorting tool, the m3k sorts order correctly, not sure if it does this based on numeric/alphabetical or using tags, all my songs within a folder start with track number, I have a couple of hundred albums on SD card, not found an issue with any so far. USB hasn't been an issue on any PC I've used, it would have been great to see USB C but not a deal breaker to me as still have loads of micro USB devices and cables about. Every album I have with gapless has worked perfectly (all 16bit flac I think, not sure I have any live albums or mixed electronic music in 24bit).
The only issues I have with the m3k are:
2 second delay between start of track and art being displayed (minor issue) and UI gets choppy when EQ is applied (I use EQ rarely so generally not an issue but sometimes like to boost bass when listening to electronic music with multi-driver IEMs).
It's a great little DAP with stellar battery life, if they could improve the minor bugs above with optimised firmware then it'd be close to perfect for me as a simple basic player.

thanks guys, exactly what i was after (y) i'll def be grabbing one soon :D

Jun 6, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #388 of 636
Hello, a question I am looking for a while ago my first DAP for my Fiio F9 PRO but I still can not find what I'm really looking for, I want something with a long battery life, good software that is fluid and that sounds better than a phone. This device is really worth it or is it better to save and go for another one at a higher price but that really has a noticeable difference? For example it is better to buy a Shanling M0 for 30 more or is it not worth it?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #389 of 636
Hello, a question I am looking for a while ago my first DAP for my Fiio F9 PRO but I still can not find what I'm really looking for, I want something with a long battery life, good software that is fluid and that sounds better than a phone. This device is really worth it or is it better to save and go for another one at a higher price but that really has a noticeable difference? For example it is better to buy a Shanling M0 for 30 more or is it not worth it?

Battery wise these are the best, no doubt about that. Sound wise these are very clean sounding, with a treble focused tuni g, good spatial representation and a virtually non existent noise floor. Doesn't have bluetooth and doesn't come with a toaster inbuilt. It is pretty basic. Some people like basic. Can be used as a DAC till 192khz. Works well with my 128 GB sdcard from Samsung. If you really need Bluetooth and other quirks hizdis ap80 is a good choice for a little more money.

Navigation through the UI with big libraries can be troublesome at times. Doesn't bother me too much. If you are on seriously tight budget and want no compromise on sound this is a good choice, and definitely better than your smartphone.

Jun 6, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #390 of 636
Battery wise these are the best, no doubt about that. Sound wise these are very clean sounding, with a treble focused tuni g, good spatial representation and a virtually non existent noise floor. Doesn't have bluetooth and doesn't come with a toaster inbuilt. It is pretty basic. Some people like basic. Can be used as a DAC till 192khz. Works well with my 128 GB sdcard from Samsung. If you really need Bluetooth and other quirks hizdis ap80 is a good choice for a little more money.

Navigation through the UI with big libraries can be troublesome at times. Doesn't bother me too much. If you are on seriously tight budget and want no compromise on sound this is a good choice, and definitely better than your smartphone.
Thank you for your comment, what I want is that you really hear better than a smartphone. I read some reviews that do not believe that the m3k, shanling m0 or even the m6 is better than your phone, I also do not know if they had one with dedicated DAC but I really want a notable difference in sound, I do not want to hear a little better, I want let the difference be noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back