[FiiO M3K] Probably the Most Cost-Effective Hi-Res Music Player, Discrete HiFi DAC Chip, Supports up to 384K/32B
Jun 6, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #406 of 636
I have the M11 for inside critical listening but for music on the go you cant beat the M3K. Light with great battery life and starts right up playing music from where you left off seconds after turning player on. Down side is screen and controls are small with odd learning curve. I find keeping random play always engaged and just playing it without paying attention to the screen after you initially set it up is the way to go. I also use the new custom eq but only for lower frequencies since treble is perfect. Once again set the eq and forget it.

Could you compare sound quality between the two and what upgrade I should expect when making big leap from M3K to M11.

Jun 6, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #407 of 636
Well since I just got the M11 and only heard it briefly I can say the M11 has a larger, more detailed sound with a huge soundstage. The M3K does the job fine for outside listening on the go.Im used to its sound and love it but the M11 is another kind of system. More for setting up a critical listening area in your home. I will never take my M11 out and that why I have the M3K. I would say start with M3K and if it works for you and you have the means get an M11 also.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #408 of 636
Had my first issue with M3K . When Im playing it in the house and the player is on a flat surface everything is fine.Took the player for a walk and songs began stopping and skipping while player in my pocket.When I held it flat in my hand and walked it played fine.Im thinking its a card issue so I took the card out and reset it in player and updated songs. Hopefully this will work. Anyone else had an issue like this? My card is a 64GB Sandisk ultra and Ive had no issues with it for months.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #409 of 636
Had my first issue with M3K . When Im playing it in the house and the player is on a flat surface everything is fine.Took the player for a walk and songs began stopping and skipping while player in my pocket.When I held it flat in my hand and walked it played fine.Im thinking its a card issue so I took the card out and reset it in player and updated songs. Hopefully this will work. Anyone else had an issue like this? My card is a 64GB Sandisk ultra and Ive had no issues with it for months.
No similar issues with mine, could be card issue or connection, hopefully just a quick clean of the card contacts fix it

Jun 10, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #410 of 636
Dear friend,

Are you using the headphone with in-line remote control? You may try a factory restore or another headphones to see if it helps?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 11, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #411 of 636
I have had my M3k for a month now. It's been great except there is a problem with shuffle play.

The sd card is set up with a main "Music" folder for random individual tracks. Off the main folder are other sub-folders containing full albums. What happens is the player shuffles fine in the main folder but when it gets to an album folder it will play all the way through and then move to the next folder. So much for shuffle.

It's set to "play thru folders". Should I disable that? Will shuffle play pop in & out of sub-folders with it disabled?

Jun 11, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #412 of 636
Ive been using shuffle play of all music staying away from folders and its been great. Have no idea whats going on with folders and subfolders. I have it set to resume from position and every time I turn on player it keeps playing the song it was on when I shut it off and goes on to play random. I don't even look at the screen.

Jun 11, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #413 of 636
I have had my M3k for a month now. It's been great except there is a problem with shuffle play.

The sd card is set up with a main "Music" folder for random individual tracks. Off the main folder are other sub-folders containing full albums. What happens is the player shuffles fine in the main folder but when it gets to an album folder it will play all the way through and then move to the next folder. So much for shuffle.

It's set to "play thru folders". Should I disable that? Will shuffle play pop in & out of sub-folders with it disabled?

I'd try making your random songs folder a sub folder too, that way as long as you don't have play through folders enabled and shuffle on it will just stick to just shuffling that folder, assuming that's what you want. Tbh I haven't ever used the shuffle function as I pretty much always listen to albums all the way through.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #414 of 636

Dear friend,

Do you mean that the shuffle play mode fails to work when finishing playing the file in main folder and entering the sub-folders?

Best regards

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 12, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #415 of 636
I'd try making your random songs folder a sub folder too, that way as long as you don't have play through folders enabled and shuffle on it will just stick to just shuffling that folder, assuming that's what you want. Tbh I haven't ever used the shuffle function as I pretty much always listen to albums all the way through.

I see your an Album listener. Where do you buy your mp3s from? Do you tag your mp3s? If so what operating system and what program are you using to tag them with? I'm still having trouble getting my M3K to recognize my track numbers. Therefor some of my albums it plays in alphabetical order. So far the only work around for this is, play by the folder and not category. But I should be able to play my albums in order via category.

Jun 12, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #416 of 636
I see your an Album listener. Where do you buy your mp3s from? Do you tag your mp3s? If so what operating system and what program are you using to tag them with? I'm still having trouble getting my M3K to recognize my track numbers. Therefor some of my albums it plays in alphabetical order. So far the only work around for this is, play by the folder and not category. But I should be able to play my albums in order via category.

I use multiple sources with a combination of ID3, ID3v2 and Flac tags, I use tagscanner on Windows to sort all the file names, this takes the tag information and creates the file name from it, I do it in the format 'TRACK # - TRACK TITLE', that way even if a device sorts them alphabetically they're correctly ordered by track number. If I have multiple discs where I want to change the track number and merge into one folder I use mp3tag first to change the tagged track number so they're in sequential rather than individual disc order and then use tagscanner after to sort the file names. I only access albums using the file browser, my sd card folder structure is arranged by genre. Hope that helps

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #417 of 636
I use multiple sources with a combination of ID3, ID3v2 and Flac tags, I use tagscanner on Windows to sort all the file names, this takes the tag information and creates the file name from it, I do it in the format 'TRACK # - TRACK TITLE', that way even if a device sorts them alphabetically they're correctly ordered by track number. If I have multiple discs where I want to change the track number and merge into one folder I use mp3tag first to change the tagged track number so they're in sequential rather than individual disc order and then use tagscanner after to sort the file names. I only access albums using the file browser, my sd card folder structure is arranged by genre. Hope that helps

I never heard of tagscanner. I've been moving away from Windows into the world of Linux. I use Puddletag and Kid3 for tagging. I have a total of 8,547 mp3 songs. What your doing is defeating the proper tag number. Oddly the M3K reads some of my mp3s track numbers and others it does not. I spoke to FiiO about this. I showed them the way I tag my files, and sent them some audio tracks to test. They told me that they need to make a new firmware, to solve the bug. I currently know of no way to change my entire mp3 collection so that it is like yours. In my opinion this is year 2019, and that thing is probably from 2018. This shouldn't even be a "thing" anymore. As far as I tell, the songs that I ripped on Windows Media Player work fine. The mp3s I bought and downloaded from Amazon and Bandcamp does not, no matter how many times or ways you re tag them.

Jun 12, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #418 of 636
I never heard of tagscanner. I've been moving away from Windows into the world of Linux. I use Puddletag and Kid3 for tagging. I have a total of 8,547 mp3 songs. What your doing is defeating the proper tag number. Oddly the M3K reads some of my mp3s track numbers and others it does not. I spoke to FiiO about this. I showed them the way I tag my files, and sent them some audio tracks to test. They told me that they need to make a new firmware, to solve the bug. I currently know of no way to change my entire mp3 collection so that it is like yours. In my opinion this is year 2019, and that thing is probably from 2018. This shouldn't even be a "thing" anymore. As far as I tell, the songs that I ripped on Windows Media Player work fine. The mp3s I bought and downloaded from Amazon and Bandcamp does not, no matter how many times or ways you re tag them.

Yep in an ideal world no renaming would be necessary but many of the players I've owned over the years required this so it's just something I do out of habit and to ensure consistency of all my files across my collection. You could try running tagscanner through WINE if there isn't a Linux equivalent. Tagscanner is great in that you can just set it off doing a whole directory as a batch overnight if you have a large collection of files.

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #419 of 636
Dear friend,

Do you mean that the shuffle play mode fails to work when finishing playing the file in main folder and entering the sub-folders?

Best regards

I was expecting to be able to set shuffle to include all folders rather than just one at a time.

It seems the playback jumps to a sub-folder before all the random files are played thru. This is what I wanted, except once in a sub-folder it doesn't leave until all files are played. My expectation was shuffle would jump in & out of folders.

Jun 14, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #420 of 636
I was expecting to be able to set shuffle to include all folders rather than just one at a time.

It seems the playback jumps to a sub-folder before all the random files are played thru. This is what I wanted, except once in a sub-folder it doesn't leave until all files are played. My expectation was shuffle would jump in & out of folders.

Dear friend,

Maybe you could create a playlist which included all the files in the folder and the sub-folder for help instead?

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back