1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144
146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
Next

Last
  1. misteral201103
    You are going to be VERY happy coming from the X5iii to the M11. Not night and day in terms of sound, but a definite improvement in stage-size, accuracy (fidelity). UI and performance, it IS night and day.
    Very solid choice for an upgrade. Happy listening!!!

2. gLer
    Easily the best review of the M11 to date, as expected. Comprehensive coverage and comparisons and practical examples of real-world features.

This review should be pinned as the go-to for anyone curious about the M11 and why it’s such a watershed device in the modern dap world. Like @Currawong concludes, you have to spend many multiples more than $450 to significantly improve on this level of quality in a dap or dac/amp, and even then you’re probably not getting the same speed and UI of the M11.

Just FYI, with reference to the review, just maximize the playback of YouTube videos and they’ll automatically flip to landscape mode. Also the YouTube sync issue is real - I hope FiiO fix this. Oh and the Utopias are dynamic driver headphones, not planar (Freudian slip there I’m sure, Amos) :wink:

Fantastic work!

Currawong likes this.
  3. Currawong Contributor
    Thanks. Even after posting, I realised there were a couple more minor things I could add. They'll have to go in the written review.

4. PopZeus
    As a big fan of the Shanling M5s, which uses the same DAC chip as the M11, I’m glad to hear that FiiO is competing at that level with sound quality.

5. nisa
    Quick question about Youtube app/apk for those how have it already in use: which apk did you use and is it possible to login with your account without Google Services?

6. gazzington
    ordered one this morning

Nayparm and Ryokan like this.
  7. katatonicone1
    Youtube Vanced is a modified official Youtube app. It gives possibility to login with your Google Account and having your subscriptions. Works great for me. Details below:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/youtube-vanced-apk/

Currawong and nisa like this.
  8. abitdeef
    New show- Audio hoarders. :wink:

Currawong likes this.
  9. jmills8
    True, but I use one each day.

10. abitdeef
    A headphone a day, keeps the doldrums away.

I hoard guns, for when the government attacks us!:astonished: damn bastards!

Jk lol

psikey likes this.
  11. cjfreitag
    Headphones are a better choice. You won’t hear them coming.

abitdeef likes this.
  12. jmills8
    Yeah you and uncle buck vs the US damn army.

abitdeef likes this.
  13. Jujoe
    Not that I use youtube much but I did watch @Currawong review on the M11 chrome app and to get the video to rotate I just went full screen. There was no auto rotate also it stays rotated for some reson after you exit the video and as noted in the review the sync is out :frowning2: DSC_0237[1].JPG

Good indepth review, recomended viewing for anyone one the fence about buying an M11.

Hope this helps.

Juj

Currawong and gLer like this.
  14. shadow84
    @FiiO , would it be possible to add airplane mode into it so as to try maximise batt life? This would help to ensure that BT and wifi would not be turned on.

15. Ryokan
    Reins in your teeth and a gun in each hand :horse_racing:

If I use both sd slots I'm guessing music all shows together in library?

abitdeef likes this.
First

Back
135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144
146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
Next

Last