[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 6, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #2,161 of 9,288
I ordered an M11 because I've completely had it with my x5iii and M11 is the cheapest, most feature packed, player on the market right now (plus, I rely heavily on massive, extensive, playlists for listening, and I know how to transfer external playlists to Fiio Music....so there will be less of a learning curve). However, I have had such a bad experience with the x5iii that I'm much more skeptical of the M11 than most of the people on this thread seem to be. My experience with Fiio products is that they all seem awesome at first, until you start using them extensively and the massive bugs, headaches, and other annoyances that Fiio never bothers fixing start to show. So we'll see. I'm keeping an open mind (I kind of have to, since I just spent $450 on the damned thing, lol).

I'm hoping that the M11 will finally have enough memory and processing power to work well with other, non-Fiio, music apps. The biggest headache to me about the Fiio Music app is that all playlists have to be exported from a desktop music manager in .M3u form, then hand edited in notepad to change all the pathing in order for the player to recognize them, because Fiio Music App doesn't recognize relative pathing (or it didn't on the x5iii, anyway). Once you know how to do this, the whole process takes about 5 minutes to "find" and "replace all," but it's still an annoyance and an extra convoluted barrier to file transfer.

Does anyone know of a good android music manager app that will recognize relative playlist pathing from another similar desktop music manager? I own the full version of MediaMonkey's desktop app, and I know they have an android app, but I have never tried to transfer playlists from the desktop to android version, so I don't know how it would work (I could never get the MediaMonkey android app to work terribly well with the Fiio X5iii). I also use the JRiver Media Center, which has awesome playlist management features. However, I've never tried JRiver's android app (from what I understand, it's more a "remote" that just streams your music from your desktop via wifi, but I could be wrong as I've never tried it).

Does anyone else use playlists extensively and have a solution of their own? Do you know of any android apps that work with the M11 and recognize relative playlist pathing?

You are going to be VERY happy coming from the X5iii to the M11. Not night and day in terms of sound, but a definite improvement in stage-size, accuracy (fidelity). UI and performance, it IS night and day.
Very solid choice for an upgrade. Happy listening!!!

Jun 6, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #2,162 of 9,288
My video review is up:

Easily the best review of the M11 to date, as expected. Comprehensive coverage and comparisons and practical examples of real-world features.

This review should be pinned as the go-to for anyone curious about the M11 and why it’s such a watershed device in the modern dap world. Like @Currawong concludes, you have to spend many multiples more than $450 to significantly improve on this level of quality in a dap or dac/amp, and even then you’re probably not getting the same speed and UI of the M11.

Just FYI, with reference to the review, just maximize the playback of YouTube videos and they’ll automatically flip to landscape mode. Also the YouTube sync issue is real - I hope FiiO fix this. Oh and the Utopias are dynamic driver headphones, not planar (Freudian slip there I’m sure, Amos) :wink:

Fantastic work!

Jun 6, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #2,163 of 9,288
Thanks. Even after posting, I realised there were a couple more minor things I could add. They'll have to go in the written review.

Jun 6, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #2,164 of 9,288
As a big fan of the Shanling M5s, which uses the same DAC chip as the M11, I’m glad to hear that FiiO is competing at that level with sound quality.

Jun 6, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #2,165 of 9,288
Quick question about Youtube app/apk for those how have it already in use: which apk did you use and is it possible to login with your account without Google Services?

Jun 6, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #2,166 of 9,288
ordered one this morning

Jun 6, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #2,167 of 9,288
Quick question about Youtube app/apk for those how have it already in use: which apk did you use and is it possible to login with your account without Google Services?
Youtube Vanced is a modified official Youtube app. It gives possibility to login with your Google Account and having your subscriptions. Works great for me. Details below:
https://www.xda-developers.com/youtube-vanced-apk/

Jun 6, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #2,169 of 9,288
Jun 6, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #2,172 of 9,288
A headphone a day, keeps the doldrums away.

I hoard guns, for when the government attacks us!:astonished: damn bastards!

Jk lol
Yeah you and uncle buck vs the US damn army.

Jun 6, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #2,173 of 9,288
Not that I use youtube much but I did watch @Currawong review on the M11 chrome app and to get the video to rotate I just went full screen. There was no auto rotate also it stays rotated for some reson after you exit the video and as noted in the review the sync is out :frowning2: DSC_0237[1].JPG

Good indepth review, recomended viewing for anyone one the fence about buying an M11.

Hope this helps.

Juj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back