[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 5, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #2,131 of 9,288
Just got my pre-ordered unit and gf took a product shot after loading the sd card.

I think that might just be spotify that makes full screen :frowning2:

@FiiO Can u guys take notes? make full album cover a choice full screen when screen or lock and when using it,

i think it will make it look really good. or atleast make it an option

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #2,132 of 9,288
Which slot of micro SD I'm using card slot 1 for Spotify and card slot 2 for flac MP3.
Does your Spotify take ages to download albums etc also?
Thank you
I'm also using Slot 1 for Spotify (and Qobuz) and slot 2 for my library (a mix of flac and ALAC files.)

My download time is not bad...certainly a lot faster than it was on the M9 with 2.4ghz only.

Jun 5, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #2,134 of 9,288
I'm running into some issues with balanced out.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
  1. Play something with FiiO player out of balanced port (in my case 2.5mm)
  2. Stop or pause music
  3. Press power button and wait to let it go to mute
  4. Disconnect 2.5mm connector
  5. Press power button, swipe to bring back player
  6. Connect 2.5mm
  7. Press play

I always get a short but very loud screeching buzz that is almost deafening.

I wonder if it's just me or someone else run into this? TIA.

Edited: Player doesn't seem to matter.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #2,135 of 9,288

2. Stop or pause music
  6. Connect 2.5mm
  7. Press play

BTW, I don't have this issue on 3.5mm port. Now I'm scared of starting music on balanced connection...

Jun 5, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #2,137 of 9,288

2. Stop or pause music
  6. Connect 2.5mm
  7. Press play

Tried this and was unable to reproduce this issue I also tried with both 2.5 and 3.5 mm but not able to try 4.4.

Juj

Jun 5, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #2,138 of 9,288
Tried this and was unable to reproduce this issue I also tried with both 2.5 and 3.5 mm but not able to try 4.4.

Juj

Thanks, maybe I got a busted amp...

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #2,139 of 9,288
@FiiO

Will you be selling the M11 at Canjam Socal?

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #2,140 of 9,288
Are you still supposed to format your MicroSD's in the player and load all music to the player via the USB connection, or can you just load your music directly to the MicroSD's and plug them into the m11? I ask because with both the x5ii and x5iii, if you loaded the music directly to the cards (and you hard large collections), the players would often lose contact with the cards and/or playback would skip or have gaps. It's a massive annoyance to load 600gb of music via USB 2.0 (typically has taken me 16-18 hours to transfer everything, especially since one of the card slots is always slower), so it'd be great if you can just load directly onto the cards with no problems.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #2,141 of 9,288
Are you still supposed to format your MicroSD's in the player and load all music to the player via the USB connection, or can you just load your music directly to the MicroSD's and plug them into the m11? I ask because with both the x5ii and x5iii, if you loaded the music directly to the cards (and you hard large collections), the players would often lose contact with the cards and/or playback would skip or have gaps. It's a massive annoyance to load 600gb of music via USB 2.0, however, so it'd be great if you can just load directly onto the cards with no problems.

I did not, just ripped right outta phone which was outta 2 other devices it worked flawlessly.

Hope this helps

Juj

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #2,142 of 9,288
20190605_232144.jpg
Nice screen.

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #2,143 of 9,288
I ordered an M11 because I've completely had it with my x5iii and M11 is the cheapest, most feature packed, player on the market right now (plus, I rely heavily on massive, extensive, playlists for listening, and I know how to transfer external playlists to Fiio Music....so there will be less of a learning curve). However, I have had such a bad experience with the x5iii that I'm much more skeptical of the M11 than most of the people on this thread seem to be. My experience with Fiio products is that they all seem awesome at first, until you start using them extensively and the massive bugs, headaches, and other annoyances that Fiio never bothers fixing start to show. So we'll see. I'm keeping an open mind (I kind of have to, since I just spent $450 on the damned thing, lol).

I'm hoping that the M11 will finally have enough memory and processing power to work well with other, non-Fiio, music apps. The biggest headache to me about the Fiio Music app is that all playlists have to be exported from a desktop music manager in .M3u form, then hand edited in notepad to change all the pathing in order for the player to recognize them, because Fiio Music App doesn't recognize relative pathing (or it didn't on the x5iii, anyway). Once you know how to do this, the whole process takes about 5 minutes to "find" and "replace all," but it's still an annoyance and an extra convoluted barrier to file transfer.

Does anyone know of a good android music manager app that will recognize relative playlist pathing from another similar desktop music manager? I own the full version of MediaMonkey's desktop app, and I know they have an android app, but I have never tried to transfer playlists from the desktop to android version, so I don't know how it would work (I could never get the MediaMonkey android app to work terribly well with the Fiio X5iii). I also use the JRiver Media Center, which has awesome playlist management features. However, I've never tried JRiver's android app (from what I understand, it's more a "remote" that just streams your music from your desktop via wifi, but I could be wrong as I've never tried it).

Does anyone else use playlists extensively and have a solution of their own? Do you know of any android apps that work with the M11 and recognize relative playlist pathing?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #2,144 of 9,288
I ordered an M11 because I've completely had it with my x5iii and M11 is the cheapest, most feature packed, player on the market right now (plus, I rely heavily on massive, extensive, playlists for listening, and I know how to transfer external playlists to Fiio Music....so there will be less of a learning curve). However, I have had such a bad experience with the x5iii that I'm much more skeptical of the M11 than most of the people on this thread seem to be. My experience with Fiio products is that they all seem awesome at first, until you start using them extensively and the massive bugs, headaches, and other annoyances that Fiio never bothers fixing start to show. So we'll see. I'm keeping an open mind (I kind of have to, since I just spent $450 on the damned thing, lol).

I'm hoping that the M11 will finally have enough memory and processing power to work well with other, non-Fiio, music apps. The biggest headache to me about the Fiio Music app is that all playlists have to be exported from a desktop music manager in .M3u form, then hand edited in notepad to change all the pathing in order for the player to recognize them, because Fiio Music App doesn't recognize relative pathing (or it didn't on the x5iii, anyway). Once you know how to do this, the whole process takes about 5 minutes to "find" and "replace all," but it's still an annoyance and an extra convoluted barrier to file transfer.

Does anyone know of a good android music manager app that will recognize relative playlist pathing from another similar desktop music manager? I own the full version of MediaMonkey's desktop app, and I know they have an android app, but I have never tried to transfer playlists from the desktop to android version, so I don't know how it would work (I could never get the MediaMonkey android app to work terribly well with the Fiio X5iii). I also use the JRiver Media Center, which has awesome playlist management features. However, I've never tried JRiver's android app (from what I understand, it's more a "remote" that just streams your music from your desktop via wifi, but I could be wrong as I've never tried it).

Does anyone else use playlists extensively and have a solution of their own? Do you know of any android apps that work with the M11 and recognize relative playlist pathing?

I really do like JRemote. To access music from home is nice. As I have near 11tb of music files. And only so much fits on sdcards.

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #2,145 of 9,288
My friend doesn't believe me that this sounds better than his phone because he couldn't tell a difference using his AirPods :triportsad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back