Fiio M11 - 2 x AK4493, 2 x Card Slots, 4.4mm, 2.5mm Balanced, 3.5mm SE, 720P Bezeless Screen, 3GB RAM 32GB Storage
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #76 of 192
Mar 20, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #79 of 192
Been itching to get a dap. Couldnt have been a better time. Looking forward to 11.11 bundle deals from fiio.

Mar 20, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #81 of 192
Mar 20, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #82 of 192
Hey guys, some bad news and good news regarding the M11. Apparently it WON’T support universal EQ despite having a faster processor and more RAM. Confirmed to me by FiiO support.

The good news is that it WILL run Plex, which means I’ll be able to stream my entire flac and high-res library as long as I have Wi-Fi access.

#2 is a major shortcoming of the M9 for me, so I’m (mostly) happy.

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #83 of 192
There is no doubt that the M11 is going to be a game changer. With its 5.15 inch screen, 3Gb of Ram and high quality components FiiO are striking a blow at ibasso, AK, Hidizs, Cayin, etc, etc. The price point at $449 is very strong for it's specs. If you want a substantial High Res player that is large and solid in the hand, then the M11 is going to be the guy. But size is not everything and FiiO already has the other end of the spectrum. A small, shirt/jacket pocket player that doesn't have much RAM but is excellent. Music is music and this little guy is the Victorinox of all purpose DAPs...the small footprint FiiO M6. Usually in GB $s become £s and that may be £449 (25% dearer) for the M11. Hope it retails for less. If it does I can see another FiiO DAP in my collection.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #84 of 192
There is no doubt that the M11 is going to be a game changer. With its 5.15 inch screen, 3Gb of Ram and high quality components FiiO are striking a blow at ibasso, AK, Hidizs, Cayin, etc, etc. The price point at $449 is very strong for it's specs. If you want a substantial High Res player that is large and solid in the hand, then the M11 is going to be the guy. But size is not everything and FiiO already has the other end of the spectrum. A small, shirt/jacket pocket player that doesn't have much RAM but is excellent. Music is music and this little guy is the Victorinox of all purpose DAPs...the small footprint FiiO M6. Usually in GB $s become £s and that may be £449 (25% dearer) for the M11. Hope it retails for less. If it does I can see another FiiO DAP in my collection.

Depending on the mess that is Brexit, the price could change either way if the value of the pound falls or rises significantly.

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #85 of 192
If I choose the M11 over the Q5s then I'll be giving up the hardware bass boost :frowning2:

If I install Spotify on the M11, do you guys think that the Spotify EQ could match/resemble what the Q5 hardware bass boost accomplishes?

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #86 of 192
If I choose the M11 over the Q5s then I'll be giving up the hardware bass boost :frowning2:

If I install Spotify on the M11, do you guys think that the Spotify EQ could match/resemble what the Q5 hardware bass boost accomplishes?
I will be honest, a hardware level bass boost will always be better than software eq as the latter will most likely bring distortion into the track.

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #87 of 192

Ooo I always need to eq bass. Hardware bass boost sounds great.

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #88 of 192
I will be honest, a hardware level bass boost will always be better than software eq as the latter will most likely bring distortion into the track.

I 100% second this - with the addition that a simple switch on an amp is quicker and more convenient to use than taking the DAP from your pocket, turning it on, unlocking it, finding the setting and changing it. A must have option for me in a portable amp, because it is song dependent.

Mar 20, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #89 of 192
The 'ALL TO DSD' claim; what does that even mean? Are they suggesting that they will upscale all music from whatever source to 1Bt? Is it actually possible? This seems a bit optimistic to me, but FiiO must have tested it, so I'd love to hear the results when the first models are sent out for reviewing.

Mar 20, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #90 of 192
The 'ALL TO DSD' claim; what does that even mean? Are they suggesting that they will upscale all music from whatever source to 1Bt? Is it actually possible? This seems a bit optimistic to me, but FiiO must have tested it, so I'd love to hear the results when the first models are sent out for reviewing.
That is technically impossible. a lower res music file can never be upgraded to high res music file. That is just not possible. you just cannot magically get high res files by converting from low res music files, there will be severe artifacting in the transcode and will result in distortion. Check this link out if you want to know more on what I am telling you.
https://interviewfor.red/en/spectrals.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back