1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fiio M11 - 2 x AK4493, 2 x Card Slots, 4.4mm, 2.5mm Balanced, 3.5mm SE, 720P Bezeless Screen, 3GB RAM 32GB Storage

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Nayparm, Feb 21, 2019.
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. Nayparm
    Fiio M11

According to FiiO, it’s been 2 years in the making, and boy does it seem to have paid off.

To some extent the M11 is very much based on the X5iii in terms of design, but with a bunch of more modern specs and design elements.[​IMG]

First up is that gorgeous 720p display which has an aspect ratio of 18:9. It practically takes up the entire front of the device.[​IMG]

Under the hood sits a hexacore Samsung Exynos 7872 SoC alongside 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory. The operating system is a customized version of Android 7.0, which does seem a bit strange as we are now well into 2019 and as such would’ve expected to see at least Android 8.0 Oreo.[​IMG]

The sonic hardware has also seen a refresh as FiiO opted to use dual AK4493EQ DAC chips. It’s important to note, however, that the dual DAC setup isn’t reserved just for the balanced outputs. No sir, both DACs are used for single-ended connections too!

Just like the AM3E module, the M11 offers users a complete choice of using a 3.5mm, 2.5mm, or 4.4mm connection.[​IMG]

And, for those who prefer to lug around a gigantic music library, the M11 features dual microSD card slots.[​IMG]

Well, so far the M11 looks like it could be both an amazing stand-alone music player, as well as a truly excellent source device which includes the ability to both transmit and receive LDAC Bluetooth signals. Although receiving an LDAC stream will only be realised in a future firmware update.[​IMG]
    We do also get dual-band WiFi, so that covers you for both 2.4GHz as well as 5GHz.

As far as power consumption is concerned, the M11 offers up to 13 hours of continuous music playback and up to 50 days’ of standby-time thanks to a 3800mAh battery.[​IMG]

Again, the estimated release date for the M11 is towards the end of may and has been given an MSRP of $450

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  2. Nayparm
    Reserved

3. QuadraKev
    Interchangeable amp? I wonder if they will be new modules or if it uses the already-existing modules FiiO has.

Also, the design of the player from that picture makes me wonder if the modules will be like iBasso's design where the modules sit behind the screen rather than under it.

4. alwass89
  5. mihaig
    If it has Android 8, 4.4mm output and 2-3G of RAM it's on my buying list. Fingers crossed.

6. fokta
    Wow. . lets watch and see

7. Double C
    Waterproof??

Sp12er3 likes this.
  8. Sp12er3
    That promo pic makes me think it might have an IP7 water resistant rating.... Impossible tho! Esp with that swappable amp haha.
    At This point I think both AK and Fiio is stuck at using 2.5mm for their balanced
    So I'm glad that this one can change module, so I can use a 4.4mm Balanced instead (much more robust design)
    But swappable amp also mean it basically lock their dimension tho.

So... They're completely ditching the X name now huh? I guess it's about time So X for scrollwheeled first gens models, while M would be touchscreens, new gen and philosophy.

Funny they decided to use the M3 (which was dead on any kind of support kek) line.
    For now the M3ii is the black sheep of the new line, it's a bit too different from the others.

Also, what's with their obsession on only using odd numbers for DAP names?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  9. QuadraKev
    It's interesting that so many of their DAPs have odd numbers. They do have an M6, though.

Sp12er3 likes this.
  10. superuser1
    Any developments on this front?

11. mihaig
    I asked around and found some more information:
    - 3G of RAM and 32GB internal memory
    - 4.4mm balanced output
    - Exynos Quad processor and some recent Android version, probably 8.
    - 2 x AK4493 DAC
    - Should be available in May/June.

Looks like a winner to me. Time to start saving for it :)

fokta and superuser1 like this.
  12. Nayparm
    Cheers, I'll add it to the OP

13. Sven2015
    Fix your standard problems at first @FiiO!

This is really funny. M7 and M9 devices (maybe the M6 has the same problems) are not working but a new device will start....

14. TheEldestBoy
    Sounds Fiio is taking a cue from the Hiby R6 Pro (4.4mm balanced output, 3G RAM).

Sounds ljke they are doing away with the interchangeable amps from X7/Q5. Or maybe they will save that feature for the M13/15 (if such a product even exists).

I do wish that Fiio would include a hardware bass boost on their daps...

15. maira
    1. Post: "Fiio M11 - Interchangable Amps"

Sp12er3 likes this.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.