Fiio M11 - 2 x AK4493, 2 x Card Slots, 4.4mm, 2.5mm Balanced, 3.5mm SE, 720P Bezeless Screen, 3GB RAM 32GB Storage
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #47 of 192
If this is full android (or at least able to sideload apps) this could be my next dap upgrade. Got the hiby r6 which is ok but the lack of decent wifi on it (inexcusable in 2018 when it was released) and the high impedence kind of ruins it for me. Will see.

Mar 17, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #48 of 192
I've just been thinking. Something I'd LOVE for FiiO to do with the M11 is give users the option for a full Android experience, or the slimmed-down version that we get on the M6 / M7 / M9. Surely with that new processor and higher RAM-count it would be an absolute joy to use on the slimmed-Android OS. I suppose a bit like they did with the X5iii and X7 where there was Android mode or Pure Music mode
I second this. The processor is powerful enough to support dual rom and the m9 ui looks really clean.

Mar 17, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #50 of 192
Any idea if the new M11 can play TIDAL offline like the X5iii and X7ii?

Mar 17, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #51 of 192

I'm pretty sure the M9 can do that so it would be surprising if the M11 couldn't.

Mar 17, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #52 of 192
it has full Android support, so yeah I think it will have tidal offline

Mar 17, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #53 of 192
Nice, pretty much all I can ask for in a TIDAL offline compatible DAP. Good battery, RAM, screen size, dual DAC even with SE and two balanced outputs. Will probably be a buy on first listen item.

Mar 17, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #54 of 192
Not having access to a universal EQ is what's kept me from ever buying a DAP.

Instead, I'm using the Q1 MKII with my iPhone to listen to TIDAL offline. This because I need the bass boost feature.

If the M11 allows for universal EQ I'll buy it in a heartbeat. Being able to listen to TIDAL offline on a DAP and be able to tweak the sound with a universal EQ would be an absolute game changer for me.

If the people @FiiO are reading this... PLEASE consider working on a universal EQ if the M11 doesn't already have it.

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #55 of 192
Absolutely. Of course there are better daps out there - there's always something better - but for what I'm wanting from a mobile music player, the M9 is superb, especially when paired with good IEMs like the FH7, FA7, MD Plus or Audio64 U4 SE (the four IEMs I've had the pleasure of using with the M9 to date). The next jump up is in the $800-$1500 bracket, and I'm just not that invested in mobile audio, which I never use for critical listening, only for enjoyment, to spend that much money on a dap (or IEM). Give me the M9 with some extra power, storage and versatility, and I'm good to go for the foreseeable future. As always, YMMV.

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #56 of 192
Absolutely. Of course there are better daps out there - there's always something better - but for what I'm wanting from a mobile music player, the M9 is superb, especially when paired with good IEMs like the FH7, FA7, MD Plus or Audio64 U4 SE (the four IEMs I've had the pleasure of using with the M9 to date). The next jump up is in the $800-$1500 bracket, and I'm just not that invested in mobile audio, which I never use for critical listening, only for enjoyment, to spend that much money on a dap (or IEM). Give me the M9 with some extra power, storage and versatility, and I'm good to go for the foreseeable future. As always, YMMV.

Yup can confirm the M9 sounds AWESOME. It has some issues, particularly with its weak CPU and comparatively crappy WIFI, but this is really only a problem if you're dead set on streaming. If you just want to listen to Tidal offline, transmit bluetooth or listen to music on your SD card it's an amazing little DAP and probably the best in it's price bracket.

Mar 17, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #58 of 192
Not having access to a universal EQ is what's kept me from ever buying a DAP.

Instead, I'm using the Q1 MKII with my iPhone to listen to TIDAL offline. This because I need the bass boost feature.

If the M11 allows for universal EQ I'll buy it in a heartbeat. Being able to listen to TIDAL offline on a DAP and be able to tweak the sound with a universal EQ would be an absolute game changer for me.

If the people @FiiO are reading this... PLEASE consider working on a universal EQ if the M11 doesn't already have it.

Well for me what I want is a system wide parametric EQ. Honestly though, as long as they provide something better than the 10 bands graphic EQ, I'd be satisfied. Otherwise, it's a deal-breaker for me.

Mar 17, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #59 of 192
Yup can confirm the M9 sounds AWESOME. It has some issues, particularly with its weak CPU and comparatively crappy WIFI, but this is really only a problem if you're dead set on streaming. If you just want to listen to Tidal offline, transmit bluetooth or listen to music on your SD card it's an amazing little DAP and probably the best in it's price bracket.

I think you have never listened to Acoustic Research (M2/M20) or Pono Player... .

Mar 17, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #60 of 192
I think you have never listened to Acoustic Research (M2/M20) or Pono Player... .

The AR players are 2-3x the cost of the M9 and the Pono doesn't have bluetooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back