Fiio M11 - 2 x AK4493, 2 x Card Slots, 4.4mm, 2.5mm Balanced, 3.5mm SE, 720P Bezeless Screen, 3GB RAM 32GB Storage
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #61 of 192
Could you elaborate? You mean this bass boost knob/button?

Well for me what I want is a system wide parametric EQ. Honestly though, as long as they provide something better than the 10 bands graphic EQ, I'd be satisfied. Otherwise, it's a deal-breaker for me.

I listen at relatively low volumes, so being able to boost the bass a bit is essential for me (it adds a bit of warmth and makes the music sound "full" at lower volumes).

I listen primarily via streaming services (TIDAL, for example) in offline mode.

Currently, DAPs do not allow users to EQ the sound when listening to TIDAL offline (if I'm wrong here, please correct me). This means that I'm stuck stacking/pairing my iPhone with a FIIO Q1 or Q5. While these are not bad options, I really would love to have a dedicated DAP. So, a DAP with the ability to EQ the sound of TIDAL offline files would be HUGE for me.

BTW - Is it even possible on Android to apply EQ to TIDAL offline files? If it's not even possible then I guess I just need to give up the dream and move on :)

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #62 of 192
The AR players are 2-3x the cost of the M9 and the Pono doesn't have bluetooth.
+1, and for the record I've had a few good listens with the AR-M2. It's beautiful and powerful, and should be for what it costs. It's also an ageing dap, and I wouldn't buy one over the M9 or M11 for the same money.

Mar 17, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #63 of 192
2 TB of SD storage ?

Mar 17, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #64 of 192
+1, and for the record I've had a few good listens with the AR-M2. It's beautiful and powerful, and should be for what it costs. It's also an ageing dap, and I wouldn't buy one over the M9 or M11 for the same money.

True both players i mentioned were made years ago. But on SQ alone even x7ii cant match them. Seems SQ is not going to be better these days or its often worse... .

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #65 of 192
I have been researching about the processor used in the m11 and I can safely say that its a much better processor than every other processor used by Fiio in all of their other daps. The exynos 7872 processor is over twice as fast as the snapdragon 425 processor used in the hiby r6 pro and about 8 times faster than the processor used in m9. So performance on this dap shouldn't be an issue, unless Fiio screws it up again in the software side of things

Mar 17, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #66 of 192
True both players i mentioned were made years ago. But on SQ alone even x7ii cant match them.
Agreed, if SQ is your only consideration you can do better than Fiio. But at $449, I can't see any dap on the market competing with the M11 for price/features/quality (assuming quality matches or exceeds the M9).

Mar 17, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #67 of 192
I am definitely interested in this, but would love to see actual size measurements. I love my Pioneer XDP-300R but it's a tad big. This one also looks on the larger size so not sure I will upgrade or not yet. The 300R is still a stellar device despite running an older OS.

Mar 17, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #68 of 192
Mar 17, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #69 of 192

Thanks. I stared at those things this morning on my phone and didnt see it. Too many photos and stuff all at once. But now that I looked at your link and on my PC, I did see the dimensions, though took two passes to find it. :)

Looks like its basically the same size as what I have now, just slightly less wide but slightly taller and thicker than the Pioneer. Hmm...

Mar 18, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #71 of 192
All things being good, mine should start making its way to me on the 22nd. Hoping I get it before 28th as I'm away then for a week.
As soon as I get a chance to give it a good listen, I'll feedback in here.
Expecting even better sound than my X5iii but for battery life, LDAC, USBC audio out and fluidity of use (processor and RAM) it's worth it for me to upgrade.

Mar 18, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #72 of 192
All things being good, mine should start making its way to me on the 22nd. Hoping I get it before 28th as I'm away then for a week.
As soon as I get a chance to give it a good listen, I'll feedback in here.
Expecting even better sound than my X5iii but for battery life, LDAC, USBC audio out and fluidity of use (processor and RAM) it's worth it for me to upgrade.

M11. Android. Oreo?

Mar 18, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #73 of 192
Mar 18, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #74 of 192
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back