1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fiio M11 - 2 x AK4493, 2 x Card Slots, 4.4mm, 2.5mm Balanced, 3.5mm SE, 720P Bezeless Screen, 3GB RAM 32GB Storage

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Nayparm, Feb 21, 2019.
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. musicday
    Yes the price is beautiful. They have done it again, thank you Fiio.

2. toughnut
    Killer spec on M11. Wondering how it will fare against R6 Pro.

3. 1000ROUNDZ
    Really looking forward to the M11. Would be a nice upgrade from the Hiby R3. Wonder what the sound quality would be like vs Mojo.

4. audionewbi
    Congrats Fiio, I dont need a new dap but for sake of giving you guys my support I will buy a M11, truly congrats and thank you for bringing sanity to this over inflated market.

Colors and purk like this.
  5. Soham Sengupta
    About the OS, it will be based on a custom version of Android 7.0 Nougat and not 8.0 Oreo and the processor will be the hexa core Exynos 7872

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Goldfish memories likes this.
  6. Zeo-Gold92
    Holy heck, this is a beautiful DAP. I thought I was ready to pull the trigger on another one, but I might just have to wait for this beauty.

7. gLer
    As long as it runs the latest Android apps like Plex and has multitasking and universal EQ, I don’t care if it’s doughnut, cornflakes or Hershey’s.

8. pnzr
    yep, altough I just got a M9, the M11 will be buy on sight.

9. maira
    Why? Do you really think it will sound good, really good? Or are you after something else? Looks too much like a smartphone for my taste.

10. pnzr
    open android, sexy af design, big display, longer battery, multiple balanced options, two SD card slots etc.
    That's already enough for me, not even taking sound into consideration

gLer likes this.
  11. maira
    Okay, so you are interested in everything but Sound... .

12. pnzr
    Twisting my words, aren't you?
    It probably won't sound worse than the M9, which I like. Probably will sound better.

stefzulj and gLer like this.
  13. gLer
    I can see @pnzr's point. At this level we can comfortably assume the sound will be stellar, especially with a pair of new AK dacs on board. It's the other features that he mentions that let the M9 down, for example. So as a new M9 owner I'll be making the switch myself once the M11 ships. To me the M11 is that the M9 should have been all along. As long as it truly does support all current full-size Android apps and allows for apps to run in the background (to enable features like universal EQ), and fixes issues like poor Wi-Fi strength and laggy UI (no doubt due to the M9's crippled processor and paltry RAM), it ticks all the 'endgame mobile' boxes for me.

14. TheoS53
    I've just been thinking. Something I'd LOVE for FiiO to do with the M11 is give users the option for a full Android experience, or the slimmed-down version that we get on the M6 / M7 / M9. Surely with that new processor and higher RAM-count it would be an absolute joy to use on the slimmed-Android OS. I suppose a bit like they did with the X5iii and X7 where there was Android mode or Pure Music mode

Soham Sengupta likes this.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.