Fiio M11 - 2 x AK4493, 2 x Card Slots, 4.4mm, 2.5mm Balanced, 3.5mm SE, 720P Bezeless Screen, 3GB RAM 32GB Storage
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #91 of 192
That is technically impossible. a lower res music file can never be upgraded to high res music file. That is just not possible. you just cannot magically get high res files by converting from low res music files, there will be severe artifacting in the transcode

You're almost right.

Converting a lower resolution file to a higher one is pointless as you'd only be creating a bigger file with absolutely no extra usable data. However, this All To DSD , I assume, is simply an upsampling (treating a lower res file as if it were higher, i.e processing at a 192kHz rate rather than the minimum required 44.1kHz), which apparently has some benefit. Exactly how true that last part is I'm not sure.

Mar 20, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #92 of 192
You're almost right.

Converting a lower resolution file to a higher one is pointless as you'd only be creating a bigger file with absolutely no extra usable data. However, this All To DSD , I assume, is simply an upsampling (treating a lower res file as if it were higher, i.e processing at a 192kHz rate rather than the minimum required 44.1kHz), which apparently has some benefit. Exactly how true that last part is I'm not sure.
Now I see, that makes a bit more sense... but the effects would still be negligible to be noticeable tbh, only reviewers can tell more about this now

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #93 of 192
Depending on the mess that is Brexit, the price could change either way if the value of the pound falls or rises significantly.

Don't forget the UK is throwing away 300 trade deals with the rest of the world as all that has been handled by the EU for half a century with our current partners, so I'm expecting prices around £499 once import duty and tax has been added. Any less I will be happy, any more In not going to be surprised. Assuming for the bigger figure and saving up to replace the x5iii which suffers on performance when trying to cope with 20000 songs on two 400gb cards. Got my fingers crossed for this one.

Mar 20, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #94 of 192
Hiby R6 pro with UAT transmission to W5 gets my vote.

I have a love hate relationship with my M9

Lack of simultaneous WiFi and LDAC
very poor screen touch responsiveness
Lack of global eq

Fiio may have blown it with me.

Why not Oreo? That's the Android version with the HiRes reputation! How can I be confident that non Fii0 apps like Qobuz and Tidal will pass through a pre Oreo Android version and not get reduced to 44.1k 16 bit?

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #95 of 192
Hiby R6 pro with UAT transmission to W5 gets my vote.

I have a love hate relationship with my M9

Lack of simultaneous WiFi and LDAC
very poor screen touch responsiveness
Lack of global eq

Fiio may have blown it with me.

Why not Oreo? That's the one with the HiRes reputation!

Time will tell

Does the Hibby R6 Pro have universal EQ? If so, can it be used to tweak the sound of Tidal and/or Spotify offline music?

Mar 20, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #96 of 192
I dunno - I hope it will!

Mar 20, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #98 of 192
Do you guys think this'll be better than the ZX300A (16GB variant, $380 on Joybuy)? Apart from the battery life, UI/OS (I like custom OS designed for music more than android, but this is preference though), and the slightly more expensive price tag the M11 seems to be a quite promising competitor to the Sony.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #99 of 192
Oooh! I might have it tomorrow! Or maybe Saturday, but it looks like tomorrow!

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #100 of 192
Oooh! I might have it tomorrow! Or maybe Saturday, but it looks like tomorrow!

I dont believe it'll release until May, so unfortunately we'll have to wait for a while :worried:

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #101 of 192
I dont believe it'll release until May, so unfortunately we'll have to wait for a while :worried:

I'm in China - JD are sending out orders tomorrow!
On the potential downside, we'll be the test-group for the firmware but I'm fine with that!

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #102 of 192
I'm in China - JD are sending out orders tomorrow!
On the potential downside, we'll be the test-group for the firmware but I'm fine with that!
Damn, that is so unfair. Tell us your experience when you get your hands on it!

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #103 of 192
The 'ALL TO DSD' claim; what does that even mean? Are they suggesting that they will upscale all music from whatever source to 1Bt? Is it actually possible? This seems a bit optimistic to me, but FiiO must have tested it, so I'd love to hear the results when the first models are sent out for reviewing.

You could always test it with Onkyo HF Player from playstore but you require to purchase it. It has the same so called 'All To DSD' feature yet you need to attached it to an external DAC, then select the real-time DSD Conversion which has 4 option of conversion:
- DSD 2.8 MHz
- High-Precision DSD 2.8 MHz
- DSD 5.6 MHz
- High-Precision DSD 5.6 MHz

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #104 of 192
Why 32 crappy internal gigs ? Comon its 2019 , 128 gigs is the basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back