FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Jan 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #378 of 611
I'm looking at purchasing this amp for my Ipod touch as it is cheap. I own Ultrasone Pro 550s and I am wondering if this would be a  good buy as far as helping the sound quality. I like my bass and the Ipod does not do the headphones justice in that department. I'd like an overall enhancement to the sound quality but mainly the bass. Would this help me?

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #379 of 611
Quote:
I'm looking at purchasing this amp for my Ipod touch as it is cheap. I own Ultrasone Pro 550s and I am wondering if this would be a  good buy as far as helping the sound quality. I like my bass and the Ipod does not do the headphones justice in that department. I'd like an overall enhancement to the sound quality but mainly the bass. Would this help me?

You'd be better suited either buying one of the EQ apps, or the FiiO E11.

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #381 of 611
Sorry if this has already been answered, but can the e6 be used as a cheap desktop amp? That is, can I keep it always connected to the pc via usb?
Do you think it could drive a pair of iems with 350ohm impedance, but with very high sensitivity?

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #382 of 611
can the e6 be used as a cheap desktop amp? That is, can I keep it always connected to the pc via usb? Do you think it could drive a pair of iems with 350ohm impedance, but with very high sensitivity?

I keep mine on the desk between my computer audio out and USB for power and Sennheiser HD555 headphones. It works perfectly with no noise.

When I use my MEElectronics M6 IEMs I get significant hiss when the USB is connected and none when it is not. Others have reported the same. I'm not sure how much difference your higher impedance will make compared to the nominal 16 Ohm M6.

Jan 12, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #383 of 611
My setup Sansa Clip Zip -> Fiio e6 -> se215LTD 

IMO it gets a little bit more out of my shures. Especially if you love bass and thought the 215 was lacking (I didn't but do enjoy the added bass). Im extremely happy with my purchase.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #385 of 611
I have a pair of DT770 Pro 80s and I was thinking about getting a FiiO E6. I am using them at home on my desktop PC and would perhaps would like to use them listening to my iPod in the garden during the summer. My question is is the E6 powerful enough to power these? Also, which LOD should I pair with it for my iPod Touch 4G?

Thanks.

I'm wondering the same thing. Has anyone had this amp on the dt770 pro 80s yet? Would like to use the e6 with my nexus 4, and the 770s. Can the e6 push the 770s to loud volumes?

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #386 of 611
Amp arrived. Is there any way to reduce noise? It's so noisy when it is plugged via usb, and even when it is not.
How long does it take to fully recharge?

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #387 of 611
With my new iems, the tzard 350 at 350ohm, the amp is almost totally silent. Just a barely audible noise.

Ofc with the usb unplugged. With the usb plugged it's still very noisy.

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #388 of 611
Quote:
After hearing the distortion in this amp today I trialed - I really find it hard to reccommend!

You failed to adjust input, dude. Turn off external EQ coming to the AMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back