FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Apr 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #406 of 611
Quote:
When I first bought this amp to pair with my HD439, this amp was soooo awesome! It make music sound really clear and instrument separation was good. I've always set it to Mid boost to listen to chillstep.
But recently my amp got worse. The sound is just, well, mess up. It's so annoying that now I only plug my headphone directly to my macbook. I don't know if it's a burn out amp or something, I only see that it got worse.
Anyway, I'm planning to buy the CmoyBB from JDSLab, do you guys think it's a good amp?

I think you can find your answer here (click).

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #407 of 611
FiiO E6 was and still is my very first headphone amp. I was in need of decent inexpensive headphone amp to use at office with my android phone and full sized headphones (Samson SR850). I stumbled upon this thread and review and I was sold. Ordered my unit right away. I still use E6 every day.

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #408 of 611
I am amazed by the quality of this product. It has a fantastic synergy with both the jvc harx700 and the koss sportapro's. 

Both seem to have more treble (as well as bass, as well as midrange), which seems to contradict common sense: how can there be MORE of everything if I am listening at the same volume (confirmed with an spl meter)? I was also shocked to discover that the E6 has a completely flat frequency response curve.

The only possible explanation then, is that this tiny amplifier brings out all of the available information (or at least a lot more of it) from both your source and headphones. 

As a result, I am now seriously contemplating buying a fiio E11.

The only misstep I've encountered so far is that the fiio does not pair very well with a pair of igrado's I also have. The fiio brings out far too much of the treble on the igrado's, resulting in a rather exaggerated treble response. However, the fiio is absolutely fantastic with slightly darker or neutral headphones.

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #413 of 611
I have JVC HA-FXT90, an IEM that has somewhat balanced sound with slight bass and treble boost, more on the bright side. While I love the overall sound of it, I find the bass quantity lacking for my dance/edm music enjoyment. So my question is: Will this little amp give me more bass quantity, keep them controlled and leave everything else intact?

Jul 1, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #414 of 611
Quote:
I have JVC HA-FXT90, an IEM that has somewhat balanced sound with slight bass and treble boost, more on the bright side. While I love the overall sound of it, I find the bass quantity lacking for my dance/edm music enjoyment. So my question is: Will this little amp give me more bass quantity, keep them controlled and leave everything else intact?

yup it will gv u deep and controlled bass.. well u shld go for e11 if u can

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #415 of 611
For some reason, my e6 wont turn on anymore and  I considering replacing it. Is it better to just get another e6 or upgrade to the e11. 

P.S. I never really venture out of the $100 dollar range with headphones and if I do, then I got it for a good deal 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #419 of 611
 Thanks for your quite concise review.  I'll go as far to say that I'm a big fan of these tiny amps.  Just about every headset I've used needs a little bust to bring out the sound quality of most recorded media. I don't blast my music, and it's nice to bring out the detail at low volume. I've got some very high end equipment at home,and it's really a let do to plug in my phone and have to listen to a tin can, These little guys help a lot. I'm surprised that there aren't more people with these things in their pockets.   B. husel

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #420 of 611
I bought an E6 from Beach Camera on Amazon.  I checked with James and he told me how to validate it was authentic and the number checked out.  I really liked the sound and it worked perfectly for amplifying my Clip+ for use in the car; however, it stopped working after 5 to 8 hours of use.  I had only used it 6 times.  I read reviews on Amazon and people claimed their E6 was delivered DOA or stopped working after a couple days of use.  I like the sound quality but I am troubled about the QC issues.  Now I doubt I will try the X3 until other people have a chance to report back on reliability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back