FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Mar 15, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #391 of 611
I'm planning on getting an HD600, has anyone tried it with the Fiio E6? I currently have an E6 but find it useless with my HD 449s. But I've been thinking of upgrading my headphones and was wondering if the E6 will help with higher impedance phones like the HD600. I use a 1st Gen iPod Touch.

I bought the E6 because people said the 449s benefit from an amp... I was sadly dissapointed and considered selling my E6. But looking at the bright side, now that I intend to upgrade my headphones I might just keep the it, if it will benefit me. What do you guys think?

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #392 of 611
So, this amp is able to drive very well my heir audio tzar 350, at 350ohm.

I was wondering: how many months does the amp last? I've read on the instruction manual that the battery won't last forever, and sooner or later i'll have to dump the amp. So, how long does it last?

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #393 of 611
I have ordered E6 to lower the output impedance of Hifimediy Sabre DAC. I'll post impressions when it comes.

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #395 of 611
Quote:
does using a headphone amp increase the chance of blowing out your cans' drivers?

Excessive volume will blow out the drivers, and that's what the volume knob is there to prevent.

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #396 of 611
I've been using my E6 for couple of days now. I really like it with LOD out of my iPhone, it does improve the sound stage and the punch. It works well with Hifimediy Sabre dac too, but you have to use EQ3, otherwise it gets distorted because of the high 2Vrms output of the Sabre. The only con I found is the noise when is charging via usb. Other than that is a great little, cheap, transparent starter amp.
I have one question though, how you know when to charge it, is there any indication that battery is low?

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #397 of 611
I'm tempted to buy this amp. Logic and evidence dictate that it isn't necessary in my case, but I'm tempted anyway. :)

I have an iphone 5 (sounds ok) and a macbook (sounds amazing). I ordered a sansa clip which should arrive soon.

Anyone have good (or bad) experiences pairing the E6 with either the iphone 5 or sansa clip+?

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #398 of 611
iPhone 5 has higher output impedance (3.5 Ohm) and weaker amp compared to iPhone 4/4S. So, if you have source dependent IEM, it will benefit from the lower >1 Ohm output on E6. The problem is that as far as I know there is no LOD for the iPhone 5 new digital lightning connector and if you don't want to double amp, you have to go something like this -> iPhone 5>30-pin adapter>LOD>Fiio E6. It depends if your headphones will benefit from amping.

Mar 30, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #399 of 611
Quote:
iPhone 5 has higher output impedance (3.5 Ohm) and weaker amp compared to iPhone 4/4S. So, if you have source dependent IEM, it will benefit from the lower >1 Ohm output on E6. The problem is that as far as I know there is no LOD for the iPhone 5 new digital lightning connector and if you don't want to double amp, you have to go something like this -> iPhone 5>30-pin adapter>LOD>Fiio E6. It depends if your headphones will benefit from amping.

So I can't use the fiio e6 with the iphone 5???

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #400 of 611
You can, but either you double amp from the iPhone headphone jack (not the best option as far as I know) or you have to use lightning to 30-pin adapter then LOD then Fiio E6. The second option is more expensive with iPhone5 cause add one more adapter (30$) to the rig. I'm not verry familiar with the new iPhone 5 lightning conector, so you can do some more research about it and what's best way to connect it with amp.

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #401 of 611
Quote:
You can, but either you double amp from the iPhone headphone jack (not the best option as far as I know) or you have to use lightning to 30-pin adapter then LOD then Fiio E6. The second option is more expensive with iPhone5 cause add one more adapter (30$) to the rig. I'm not verry familiar with the new iPhone 5 lightning conector, so you can do some more research about it and what's best way to connect it with amp.

Thanks for the clarification. If I get the fiio, I will use it exclusively with the sansa clip+ then. 

Mar 31, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #402 of 611
Well, you can use it the same way with your iPhone, just double amp from the headphone jack. :)

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #403 of 611
Quote:
Well, you can use it the same way with your iPhone, just double amp from the headphone jack. :)

The Koss DJ100's are supposed to sound good with them, but I'm growing disenchanted with the 100's, so I might not even get around to buying the amp. 

So, double the power if I run the fiio through the IP5? Ha ha, I just want better sound not really a louder signal.

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #404 of 611
When I first bought this amp to pair with my HD439, this amp was soooo awesome! It make music sound really clear and instrument separation was good. I've always set it to Mid boost to listen to chillstep.
But recently my amp got worse. The sound is just, well, mess up. It's so annoying that now I only plug my headphone directly to my macbook. I don't know if it's a burn out amp or something, I only see that it got worse.
Anyway, I'm planning to buy the CmoyBB from JDSLab, do you guys think it's a good amp?

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #405 of 611
Quote:
When I first bought this amp to pair with my HD439, this amp was soooo awesome! It make music sound really clear and instrument separation was good. I've always set it to Mid boost to listen to chillstep.
But recently my amp got worse. The sound is just, well, mess up. It's so annoying that now I only plug my headphone directly to my macbook. I don't know if it's a burn out amp or something, I only see that it got worse.
Anyway, I'm planning to buy the CmoyBB from JDSLab, do you guys think it's a good amp?

its mostly just a bass booster. get a fiio e11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back