FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
May 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #346 of 611
Quote:
I have a pair of DT770 Pro 80s and I was thinking about getting a FiiO E6. I am using them at home on my desktop PC and would perhaps would like to use them listening to my iPod in the garden during the summer. My question is is the E6 powerful enough to power these? Also, which LOD should I pair with it for my iPod Touch 4G?

Thanks.

Does anyone know? Is there a soundcard for my PC I can get that will also drive the headphones better than the onboard sound?

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #351 of 611
My experience with the E6 is that it makes inexpensive headphones (earbuds) and my IEMs sound slightly better, and more expensive headphones (ATH-M50s, D5000s) sound slightly worse. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #353 of 611
in an accident i have lost my 85% hearing hearing in my one ear...and other ear normal..
i am a gamer n play counter strike 1.6...
at full window sound i can listen very thin sound from my damaged ear..
i need a very very loud amplification for my 85% hearing loss..so i can enjoy my gaming..
can this amp. can so loudness...?

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #354 of 611
Quote:
in an accident i have lost my 85% hearing hearing in my one ear...and other ear normal..
i am a gamer n play counter strike 1.6...
at full window sound i can listen very thin sound from my damaged ear..
i need a very very loud amplification for my 85% hearing loss..so i can enjoy my gaming..
can this amp. can so loudness...?

No really sure how much 85% is. The maximum gain of E6 is close to 8dB.

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #356 of 611
Quote:
85%= when I place mobile speaker up on my ear than I able to listen music from my damaged ear...
so u can determine how much amplification iI need..

That really doesn't tell how much gain you will need. It will be useful if you know that in dB. By going with the NRR standard, a 85% volume reduction is probably around -26dB or so. If that that's the case, you will need much more gain than E6 can provide. In fact, I don't know any headphone amp with that much gain.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #358 of 611
Quote:
can u determine from my ear audiogram that how many gain I need...?
it is possible to connect two amp. together..?

Sorry, don't really know how to read an audiogram, Beside, connecting two amps together doesn't give you twice the power or gain. At some point the 2nd amp will reach its max voltage output and clip the signal (generating noise instead of music).

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #359 of 611
k I want to know that

can u listen at maximum volume of e6 comfertabilly more than 1 min..?
if ur ans is yes than it will not work for me surely....
I listen that level of sonund at which normal people get irritate in few seconds...

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #360 of 611
Quote:
k I want to know that
can u listen at maximum volume of e6 comfertabilly more than 1 min..?
if ur ans is yes than it will not work for me surely....
I listen that level of sonund at which normal people get irritate in few seconds...

If I am pairing E6 to an iPod's line-out - no, I can't listen to it at that volume, not even for 2 second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back