FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Jan 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #331 of 611

Quote:
Good for you. I like my D3 feeds thru E6 with or without EQ. My old forgotten DVD player in my attic now has been resurrected .  Not bad for the money FiiO. However, Moi, not too much into to the E7 as an amp. I hope the E17 has been revamped from the E7.

Too many E....if I confused some of the E...never mind.

if you read the headfonia, clieos, headfonics review....it is definatley changed. the E7 was just a DAC with possibility of amp. the e17 is both.

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #333 of 611

Quote:
Try setting the volume on Clip+ to really high (max), then use E6 to control volume. If you keep find volume imbalance on E6, you might need to exchange it for a new one.

Well, the imbalance is only on the EQ2 setting... it's like the bass for the right channel is not comming out... i tried to put the Clip+ at maximum and raise the E6 volume but the imbalance continues.... Think i got a bad one after all... 

Thanks by the answer!

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #334 of 611
Never underestimate this little starter amp because of its low price. I tried the D3 with the E7 with a CDP and another D3 with the E6 with another CDP. I used both Toslink connection. To my surprise, I like the E6 as an amp better than the E7. The E7 has better mid range but the piano sound is very thin and artificial while the E6 has a bit bright but clean and forwarding mid range and the piano sound is fuller and more realistic.

Both set (D3/E7 and D3/E6) are set flat without the help of any EQ.  I wonder how long the battery life in the E6 will last before it stops taking charge? I do not mind to get a couple more D3 and E6 for spare.

Again, this is just my own experience.

Mar 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #335 of 611
Thank you ClieOS, being new to this hobby I came upon this site while researching the E6, perfect review, everything I was looking for and needed to know all in one spot. I look forward to many fun and fruitful hours spent on this site.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #336 of 611

Quote:
Thank you ClieOS, being new to this hobby I came upon this site while researching the E6, perfect review, everything I was looking for and needed to know all in one spot. I look forward to many fun and fruitful hours spent on this site.

Welcome to HF. We will try our best to let you feel sorry for your wallet!
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #337 of 611
so this is technically my first headphone amp which was purchased mostly for driving a set of Beyer DT 880 Pro (250 ohms) but has also been used with Ultimate Ears 200s.

All in all, super satisfied with it, I us the treble EQ for some movie watching, otherwise with flat EQ.
It is used piggyback to a Sansa Clip+ , they are perfect companions, especially since I have removed/sawed off the broken clip on the Sansa mp3 player.

I was using the included angled mini interconnect with mixed results, this really helped me realize the importance of custom interconnects for portables in relation to the length.

Well the cable is dead! After a month or so of light use, but the cable was twisted in a convoluted way which contributed to shortening the cables life span, so no hard feelings.

Just ordered angled Neutrik plugs to make a custom interconnect. Let the fun begin.

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #338 of 611

Quote:
so this is technically my first headphone amp which was purchased mostly for driving a set of Beyer DT 880 Pro (250 ohms) but has also been used with Ultimate Ears 200s.

All in all, super satisfied with it, I us the treble EQ for some movie watching, otherwise with flat EQ.
It is used piggyback to a Sansa Clip+ , they are perfect companions, especially since I have removed/sawed off the broken clip on the Sansa mp3 player.

I was using the included angled mini interconnect with mixed results, this really helped me realize the importance of custom interconnects for portables in relation to the length.

Well the cable is dead! After a month or so of light use, but the cable was twisted in a convoluted way which contributed to shortening the cables life span, so no hard feelings.

Just ordered angled Neutrik plugs to make a custom interconnect. Let the fun begin.

You could also look into Fiio L8 which uses the same gauge wire as L9 LOD. (L8 has right angled plugs) 

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #343 of 611
Will this be able to power a tf10? Or is there any significant difference between this and E11 in using it with a tf10?

I have tried the e6 and have tried a couple different amps with the tf10.

I HIGHLY recommend that you use the sound attenuator the tf10 came with. That lets you use more power to drive them without the volume being too loud.

E6 will not drive the tf10 as well as e11. I know because I have the e17 and the amps are pretty comparable.

E6 does drive them adequately...but not fully. You should hear fully driven tf10s..... Soundstage like my dt880 250 ohm.. In fact pretty much the same as DT880 in every other way. EDIT except for some detail in the highs (DT880 is better)

I think e11/e17 will drive tf10 fully...but I think I have heard a little better soundstage from my tf10 than with e17 with a different amp

Apr 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #344 of 611
I have a pair of DT770 Pro 80s and I was thinking about getting a FiiO E6. I am using them at home on my desktop PC and would perhaps would like to use them listening to my iPod in the garden during the summer. My question is is the E6 powerful enough to power these? Also, which LOD should I pair with it for my iPod Touch 4G?

Thanks.

May 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #345 of 611
I've had my E6 for about 7 weeks now and it's a great little amp. It's my first dedicated headphone amp (other than a Sennheiser DSP Pro...but that's a different animal-lol) and for what it does it does it quite well. EQ2 is definitely the most "fun" setting and since I use this on my gym rig (2nd gen Nano, L3 LOD and MEElectric CC51's) fun is what I'm looking for. It easily improves the sound on my MEELectrics and my NuForce NE-6's but it actually makes my old UE Triplefi 3's sound worse. The most surprising part to me wasn't necessarily the lifting of another layer of veil from the music but what it did to the soundstage. At first it was a little annoying and it seemed that the R/L balance was off or something but after sort of getting used to it I was amazed how it broadened the soundstage and gave it more depth and possibly even a tiny bit of height. It made enough of a difference that I'm now looking at something to improve the sound of my modded Senn 580's. Will probably get the E17 in the next month or so. This could start to get very expensive very quickly! Good job Fiio.

ps- I totally get what everyone is complaining about with the volume control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back