FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Sep 15, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #181 of 611
Funny that my observation so far (from a couple of new Westone owners whom posted here) seems to suggest Westone IEM that come with E6 are less likely to benefit from E6 (though not a surprise since Westone tends to be very efficient and doesn't need amping). But they actually find E6 to be used with other IEM / headphone.

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #182 of 611
I've been using my E6 in par with my Clip+ and the new Brainwavz Beta's - It's a massive difference for me - Well worth the extra 18g
redface.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #183 of 611

As for the posts on M50's, the E6 does a good job at driving it since the M50 by itself is already super easy to drive, your setup like Riku said degrades the signal and will benefit from and LOD. Also, despite its price, the E6 is miles away from the E11.

Off topic: How are the Brainwavz Beta's? Is it a true upgrade from the M3? 

Quote:
I've been using my E6 in par with my Clip+ and the new Brainwavz Beta's - It's a massive difference for me - Well worth the extra 18g
redface.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #184 of 611
In regards to the Beta's - I don't think they're meant to me an upgrade to the M3? As they're almost 1/4 of the price - I also can't vouch as I haven't heard the M3
frown.gif

In comparison to the M1's which are double the price - And I own - I prefer the Beta's a lot more, they actually sound unbelievable to my ears - Balanced (with a slight warmth) punchy and I can't really see any floors with them so far - The only minor concern I have is that I've been using them mainly when walking the dogs etc, so all the minor more critical details seem to be missed over other higher tier IEM's - The vocals are ever ever so slightly veiled behind songs are certain genres; but if you're OK with that, the music shines through.

This is all with the supplies Comply tips that come with them, amped with an E6 with Clip+ (not used any other source)- The comfort and fit for me is fantastic and I never fiddle with them - I've not tried any other tips with them
redface.gif
- Total steal for £15

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #185 of 611

Oops, mixed up the Betas for B2 :S  I was kinda concerned about sound isolation regarding the tips though but it seems your happy with them :) Good to know that there are better options then the alpha, I want to compare this over my feels pro 900 to take out and about too.

Quote:
In regards to the Beta's - I don't think they're meant to me an upgrade to the M3? As they're almost 1/4 of the price - I also can't vouch as I haven't heard the M3
frown.gif

In comparison to the M1's which are double the price - And I own - I prefer the Beta's a lot more, they actually sound unbelievable to my ears - Balanced (with a slight warmth) punchy and I can't really see any floors with them so far - The only minor concern I have is that I've been using them mainly when walking the dogs etc, so all the minor more critical details seem to be missed over other higher tier IEM's - The vocals are ever ever so slightly veiled behind songs are certain genres; but if you're OK with that, the music shines through.

This is all with the supplies Comply tips that come with them, amped with an E6 with Clip+ (not used any other source)- The comfort and fit for me is fantastic and I never fiddle with them - I've not tried any other tips with them
redface.gif
- Total steal for £15

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #186 of 611

Hi I have a pair of Denon AH-C710's (Impedance 16 ohms and sensitivity 110dB SPL/Mw) and a Cowon i9 (Sound output power 30mW + 30mW) but it doesn't have a line out so would like to know if there would be an improvement in sound quality if i just use the headphone out on the E6. Would it also improve sound quality on a macbook pro 17 2011 model?

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #188 of 611
For me the E6 does make a difference (for the better) with my setup:
Cowon D2 - 37mW @ 16 Ohm
Phonak Audeo PFE perfect bass (012) - 32 Ohm, 107 dB

The sound for me has better instrument seperation and it's more dynamic/layered.
Always nice to have such a tiny box.

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #189 of 611
Newbie here.  Sounds like this amp makes a difference paired with the Sansa Clip+.  I'm thinking about getting this for the Clip+, but is also planning on buying the Fiio X3 when it comes out.  Will this amp be unnecessary for the X3 since it will have an internal amp?

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #190 of 611
I didn't read all the posts at the X3's thread, so I might have missed a couple of updates. That said, AFAIK E5, E6, E7 and X3 all uses the same amp, but w/ different implementation which results in different SQ, notably in E6 where it manages to beat E7's amp. Whether E6 is a good pair w/ X3 will depend on how X3 turns out but IMO, an amp to be paired w/ X3 should be something better than the E6. (For example, the E11 or E17)

Just me 2 cents. :D

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #191 of 611
I got the E6 today, I'm using it with the FiiO L9. The L9 doesn't fit properly because of my case but it still works

I'm using the Hippo VB with it and it sounds so much better than the iPhone 4.

Sep 20, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #192 of 611
My HTC Sensation has pretty good SQ but the E6 *really* helps in terms of fullness of  sound with higher-impedance portables like the PortaPros.

Definitely worth the €20.

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #195 of 611

Quote:
My HTC Sensation has pretty good SQ but the E6 *really* helps in terms of fullness of  sound with higher-impedance portables like the PortaPros.

Definitely worth the €20.

Since i'm interested in the HTC Sensation you might be very helpful for my wallet. How do the Sensation hpout cope with DBA-02 (Balanced Armatures) ? Since i don't know about the output impedance of that very phone i'm worried that it might not be able to drive balanced armatures well without an amp.

And about amping that very smartphone with the E6...How bad is the RF intereference ? When i try to amp my iPhone with the E5 or the iBasso T3 the RF is unbearable whenever the phone xmits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back