FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Sep 22, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #197 of 611
It feels really light but it seems very durable. I think there was a post saying that the plastic was polycarbonate plastic which is significantly higher quality when compared to cheaper plastics such as ABS plastics FiiO could have opted to use.

I was a bit skeptical about it but since it was only $30 CAD, I bought one and now that I have it, it's absolutely worth the money. Makes a huge difference with my HD555s and MS1s coming out of my PC as well as a Samsung GS2. The difference is totally noticeable; this little thing sounds great!

I'm a noobie though. I don't have any "difficult to drive" headphone or desktop amps (yet) to be able to compare it to but I'm sure if you check back to previous posts there are far more experienced and qualified people that have given their opinions on the E6.

Quote:
How durable is this little amp ?

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #198 of 611
I like this little amp, my V-Moda Vibes really open up with it - sounding more airy.  I get a better bass extension for a thumping low end and the recessed mids and highs come forward a little bit.  It's great for Trance and Techno anyway!  I'm sure this combination would not be to everyone's tastes lol

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #199 of 611
I just got this with my westone 3s, I dont have any difference when I dont use the EQ, is there any other to keep this on while using my westone 3? sorry for a stupid question lol

edit: when using with westone 3 it also gives small amounts of background noise that I wouldn't get from source

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #200 of 611

Quote:
Since i'm interested in the HTC Sensation you might be very helpful for my wallet. How do the Sensation hpout cope with DBA-02 (Balanced Armatures) ? Since i don't know about the output impedance of that very phone i'm worried that it might not be able to drive balanced armatures well without an amp.

And about amping that very smartphone with the E6...How bad is the RF intereference ? When i try to amp my iPhone with the E5 or the iBasso T3 the RF is unbearable whenever the phone xmits.

It sounds pretty good with the DBA02s but the E6 would make a difference. RFI is noticeable when the amp is next to the phone, not so much when it's clipped to your shirt or elsewhere.

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #201 of 611
Just placed an order for an E6 yesterday, super excited to see how to works out with my ES7s

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #202 of 611
I have a dilemma. The E5 I can get cheap at a local store which has the best guarantee policy ever. Simply bring it back when it's broken and they'll give you a new one. The E6 I can get cheap too from say mp4nation, but then ofcourse they're located in Hong Kong so if it were to brake I'd have a big problem..

I have a sansa clip+ and klipsch image S2 and I'm getting the PL30's soon. Is it worth getting the E6 over the E5?

Sep 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #205 of 611
If you have a Clip+, I'd forget about getting either.

E5 or E6 is mostly just for the volume boost (you won't need it for those IEMs) and low output impedance (not a problem of the Clip+) and better performance than many integrated amps (but the Clip+ has similar performance). So helpful to others, not so much to your setup. As always, YMMV.

Sep 26, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #206 of 611
I started a thread a while back looking for the smallest 'mini rig' - tape the current Nano to one of these and its going to be very hard to beat.

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #207 of 611
Think the e6 circuit would be small enough to replace the ANC circuit of a Beats Studio?

Sep 27, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #208 of 611

The E7 gives the Sennheiser massive and deep tuneful bass, making the HD25 borderline dark.  You will get better sound using a device's line out, but you will still get a big change with the HD25 sending such an amp a headphone jack signal.
Quote:
can this drive my senn. hd25-II to its potential ? im currently running it on my sony walkman s750 and im very disappointed how its lacking on everything.

The E7 compares similarly to the Cmoys, but with a digital volume control and a DAC.  It widely beats the headphone jack on a Sansa Clip or Clip+.  Using the jack on those to feed a headphone amp is always going to limit the amp, as mentioned.  The E5 tested very inferior to the E7 and Cmoys.  Has anyone tested the E6 and compared it to the E7 and Cmoys using RMAA and the same soundcard, preferrably one that doesn't actually cause roll-off?  I keep hearing blanket statements that the E6 has superior performance to the E7 and there are some tests of the E6, but I don't see any tests of the E7 and  Cmoys on the same system that would justify such claims.

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #209 of 611
Just got my E6 Today.  VERY happy with it.  Though the FiiO L1 Cord you see was defective (and has been sent back).  Guess I need to pay a little extra and Get one of the newer FiiO Cords.

Anyhoo...  On to my current set up:

iPod nano (5th Gen), FiiO E6 (Mini Amp), Koss Portapro's

I am very happy with the sound.  I think it is about as good as it gets for the price.

My only question is, I plan on getting a pair of Grado's SR60i/80i by the end of the year.  Will the E6 be able to drive them sufficiently? 

Sep 27, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #210 of 611

Quote:
The E7 compares similarly to the Cmoys, but with a digital volume control and a DAC.  It widely beats the headphone jack on a Sansa Clip or Clip+.  Using the jack on those to feed a headphone amp is always going to limit the amp, as mentioned. 

Happy to hear otherwise, but isnt there a commercially-available LOD for the Clip/Clip+ now ? I could be getting it confused with the LOD they bought out for the Sony players - anyone ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back