FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Jan 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #601 of 6,777

Quote:
****, I missed it.

haha yeah. same with a couple others. it's partly my fault. i'll take some blame for it. my super awesomeness led me to post to everyone on it's abailbility here causing a mass buying storm on micca and mass cancelling from mp4nation. check the comments. haha jk i won't take credit. it was just a nice thought though :D

i'll post impressions when i get it.
I got this deal
FiiO E17
FiiO T-shirt
Toslink to mini cable
2X mini toslink adapters
Fancy premium Toslink to toslink cable from monoprice
monoprice 8320 earbuds
soundmagic PL11 earbuds

all this for $165 :D totall..shipping and handling and everything is already included :D

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #605 of 6,777
So how many do you think Micca got? Because he had to know there was going to be massive interest generated on Head-Fi-hard to believe it sold out so quickly.  Guess it's on to Amazon where they hopefully ordered enough.  As they say around here, you slow, you blow.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #606 of 6,777

Quote:
So how many do you think Micca got? Because he had to know there was going to be massive interest generated on Head-Fi-hard to believe it sold out so quickly.  Guess it's on to Amazon where they hopefully ordered enough.  As they say around here, you slow, you blow.

hahah. they sold out mad fast :D. they didn't even put it on Amazon :D lucky i got in on this deal this time around :D

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #608 of 6,777

Quote:
To anyone that has the E17: is there any background hiss at all?  That's the one thing I cannot stand in a component; that very faint background hiss in silent parts of songs.

E17 is the least hissing of any FiiO. In fact, it is very well behaved even compared to other amps of its price range when it come to hiss.

Quote:
i think CLIEOS or mike from headfonia would have reported if there was.

You will read more about it in the final review, which should be up in next 24 hours as I have finished most of it and just need a bit more editing.

Quote:

I don't expect anything any different from what ClieOS and the Headphonia review describe....or I will use their return policy (like I did last week with Digizoid and the Z02v3).

Me and Mike don't always agree on everything, but for the case of E17, we do share a large portion of our opinion. Perhaps just a little deviation here and there.

Quote:
All of that factored in the purchase from Micca Store 
biggrin.gif
.  ClieOS doesn't know it directly (until now 
wink.gif
), but I've bought off of his recommendations (during my infrequent journey on Head-Fi) over the years since I've joined.

I'll be watching you
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
It really is best to not let batteries charge for months and months straight - like if you keep if permanently mounted to the e9.  I'm guessing that's why.

Yep, you need to 'cycle' Li-ion battery from time to time (drain it and fully charge it again) in order to keep it 'fresh'. It helps to prolong battery life. But you don'ty need to do it too often. Once or twice per month should be good enough.

Quote:
I don't have an amp yet, but I have been looking to get one. Would this make a good amp to start with, just as an introduction to others?
It was either this or I build my own CMOYBB, any opinions either way?

I always encourage people to build a cmoy of their own (and cmoyBB is a excellent place to start) to learn a bit about electronic and soldering. It will be of great use for the rest of you life knowing how to fix basic stuff. But purely as a starter amp (admittedly E17 is a bit more expensive and advanced than a starter amp), you can't beat E17.

Quote:
Does anyone know what frequency's the bass/treble are centered on and how wide they boost aswell as the decibel increase per number, and how high does the boosts go in numbers

Bass EQ is centered around 20Hz and treble EQ is centered around 14.6kHz. I will show you all the FR curve in graph for all the different setting, so stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back