FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Jan 24, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #586 of 6,777

Quote:
Yes I did!  Micca told me to give it a shot and see if it either went through or any got canceled.  Fingers crossed :wink:

EDIT:  Although this does not seem promising, lol.  Why am I ineligible!?

01/24/2012 Processing PayPal Notification [Completed - $147.95]; Ship To [confirmed]; Eligibility [Ineligible]; Payer [unverified]

i got the same thing. my elegibility and payer is the same thing

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #590 of 6,777
I don't have an amp yet, but I have been looking to get one. Would this make a good amp to start with, just as an introduction to others?
It was either this or I build my own CMOYBB, any opinions either way?

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #592 of 6,777

Quote:
I don't have an amp yet, but I have been looking to get one. Would this make a good amp to start with, just as an introduction to others?
It was either this or I build my own CMOYBB, any opinions either way?

it really depends on what you want. What genre's you like and stuff and what headphones you have. If you want a great upgradable amp (as in allows ur heapdhones to upgrade) then....probably yes

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #596 of 6,777

Quote:
Haha thanks! I'll definitely look into this then!

there are revies on here, headfonia and headfonics
http://headfonics.com/2012/01/the-fiio-e17-the-alpen/
this page takes about 20 seconds to load. most would like this better than the Cmoy from what i have heard from users. this is 3X it's price though but it's increased power, options, DAC should be something to look forward to. i don't have this yet, and i don't own the Cmoy, i just know this form what one user said about it compared to E17

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #598 of 6,777

Quote:
does micca still have some available?

I swear I'll cancel that order at mp4 nation if that is so

haha sorry man. if you read the E17 availbility page. and my post about it. and anothers. they just sold out after 7 hours. it was $140 with free tshirt, and toslink cable and an adapter with reduced prices on bundle heapdhones, lods,or amps with free shipping and will arrive in about 5 days

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #599 of 6,777

Quote:
haha sorry man. if you read the E17 availbility page. and my post about it. and anothers. they just sold out after 7 hours. it was $140 with free tshirt, and toslink cable and an adapter with reduced prices on bundle heapdhones, lods,or amps with free shipping and will arrive in about 5 days

****, I missed it.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #600 of 6,777
anyone tried pairing this with high end custom iems like jh 16 pros, es5s, 1986 quads, heir 8As? Was wondering if it boosts these already high end iems up to a different level or you'll need a better amp like picos/RSAs to do it properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back