FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
Oct 30, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #1,878 of 2,388
Just ordered a gold one,  How would this pair with the gold x1? Other than looking snazzy.

Might be a bit on the large side compared to the X1, but it'll pair just nicely, as you can swap the parts that give it it's sound signature. Pretty sure it pairs nicely with about every DAP.

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #1,879 of 2,388
FiiO's official AliExpress store......enjoy!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1473108?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

Nov 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #1,881 of 2,388
The changing LED of my unit never turns off, when connected to the power supply.
Does anyone got the same issue?

Fading in and out means charging

Red light means it's done charging

Black light means you're in a disco :wink:

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #1,884 of 2,388
  Has anyone considered changing battery in their E12 DIY?
Is it possible to use the higher capacity one used in E12A, or similar?

There isn't enough space for larger battery.

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #1,886 of 2,388
Nov 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #1,887 of 2,388
i got a problem i am unsure if it was mentioned here before. i got a mused01 into my diy, so i prefer the sound of High gain compared to low but it comes with some "noise" in the background. is there anyway to remove it? or minimise it :frowning2:

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #1,888 of 2,388
i got a problem i am unsure if it was mentioned here before. i got a mused01 into my diy, so i prefer the sound of High gain compared to low but it comes with some "noise" in the background. is there anyway to remove it? or minimise it :frowning2:

I don't think there's much you can do about this, high gain is a sort of hardware switch for higher volume, and thus everything gets amplified.

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #1,889 of 2,388
Anyone compared E12 DIY to ibasso P4?

Also about the DX90, the EQ is not bit perfect, you lose quality by enabling it, even when left flat eq. It is a DAC controlled EQ, but because its happening in the digital domain the DAC needs to compress the sample to prevent clipping during EQ. As for the variable line out volume, anything other than full volume is not bit perfect anymore, thats what digital controlled DAC volume is. I highly reccomend not using EQ and using full volume with line out.

Bit perfect is rather a nebulous term as the DX90 uses a 32 bit DAC and even with EQ enabled, the remaining dynamic range is far greater than what can be heard on any recording. The loudness wars of recent years have resulted in recordings of abysmal dynamic range. The highest dynamic ranges generally found are in well-mastered classical recordings which might reach about 60 db of dynamic range. 16bit recordings (CD quality) are capable of providing about a 96 db range so I would presume that regardless of what EQ setting is selected, it is doubtful that one will ever be able to detect the difference in bits lost.

Nov 10, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #1,890 of 2,388
Hi guys, just got my e12diy recently and the more I read the more I'm wondering... This "blank PCB" that is supposed to be provided, is it a set of blank PCB adapters just like the given plug and play ones but without chips on it, or is it simply referring to the empty opamp/buffer sockets on the amp's main PCB itself?

From the posts here and manual I interpret it as the former, but my package did not come with any blank adapters. Same goes for my friend's unit. Both of our s/n are early 200s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back