FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
Oct 21, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #1,861 of 2,388
There are no specific standards for line levels that I'm aware of, but an adjustable line level output to allow for greater range on the pysical volume control,
like the way usb audio pro (which is an Android music player app) handle their eq, there is a line level volume and it's fully adjustable.
This would be ideal.

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #1,862 of 2,388
I've used MediaMonkey to drop all tracks to an 80dB standard (Replay Gain) during transfers and it seems to have solved my problems, but the EQ is a good idea too

Interesting tactic. By reducing overall volume, wouldn't you run the risk of dropping quiet passages below threshold of hearing?

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #1,863 of 2,388
There are no specific standards for line levels that I'm aware of, but an adjustable line level output to allow for greater range on the pysical volume control,
like the way usb audio pro (which is an Android music player app) handle their eq, there is a line level volume and it's fully adjustable.
This would be ideal.

I can guarantee you that that "line level" isn't a lone level. It's already been through an amplifier. Something line out should never do.

This is why adjustable line outs aren't actually lone outs.

It defies the purpose.

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #1,864 of 2,388
I can guarantee you that that "line level" isn't a lone level. It's already been through an amplifier. Something line out should never do.

This is why adjustable line outs aren't actually lone outs.

It defies the purpose.

DX90 has DAC chip based variable volume line out, and it's quite handy.

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #1,870 of 2,388
Anyone compared E12 DIY to ibasso P4?

Also about the DX90, the EQ is not bit perfect, you lose quality by enabling it, even when left flat eq. It is a DAC controlled EQ, but because its happening in the digital domain the DAC needs to compress the sample to prevent clipping during EQ. As for the variable line out volume, anything other than full volume is not bit perfect anymore, thats what digital controlled DAC volume is. I highly reccomend not using EQ and using full volume with line out.

Oct 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #1,872 of 2,388
Hi, anyone done a comparison between e12diy with any opamp/buf combination and the stock12 ?

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #1,874 of 2,388
I have been a little dissapointed in the lack of bass with my he400i and x5 and e12diy with muse 1. So I got this idea to get my old e12 out to try the bass boost. So far it's working. Anyone know a combo for my DIY. That gives the bass of the boost on the e12?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back