FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
Oct 20, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #1,850 of 2,388
Excellent I'm looking forward to setting them up, the chips are on the way from USA evilbay, it's hard to go back to the x5 headphone out now after using the e12diy even with iem.
There's quite an improvement already.

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #1,851 of 2,388
Hello all :D
Have e12 diy but i am mainly listen to iem reshelled tf 10 in my case i mainly listen to rap, pop, elektronic so my question is will i be better of with the e12a amp for my listening preference ?? Thanks for your help guys. :)

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #1,852 of 2,388
I am blown away with what I have now x5 > e18 > FAD Pandora Hope VI. I really cannot wait to be able to put a tunable e12 into the set.

Are there any IEMs that just really stand out when driven by the E12's?

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #1,853 of 2,388
  I am blown away with what I have now x5 > e18 > FAD Pandora Hope VI. I really cannot wait to be able to put a tunable e12 into the set.

Are there any IEMs that just really stand out when driven by the E12's?

Almost anything will sound good with the DIY because of it's excellent clarity, but you may find some low impedance IEMs will limit the available volume range which can be a little challenging. I'm currently having this problem with the SE846s - they sound awesome when driven by the DIY, but I only have about 20% of the volume range to work with so imbalance can be an issue at times.

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #1,854 of 2,388
hmm. the fad ph6 is an 8 ohm impedance headset. with that I can use the entire range of the E18 (low gain setting) the top end (lvl 9) is at my max tolerance and 2 is about as low as I listen. I like three on the knob though. The base feels just right for casual listening at 3.

how much more powerful is the E12 in comparison to the E18?

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #1,856 of 2,388
Have you tried the changing gain resisters to create a low gain for sensitive IEM'S?

Change Amp's High Gain
2 x SMT resistors is for R20 & R27.

Also turning on the Equaliser on the x5 drops the line level, this is very useful to get a little bit more usability from the volume pot.

It doesn't seem clear on the gain changes in the manual. It might not be possible.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #1,858 of 2,388
I didn't get a manual, just looking at pics from earlier on in this thread.
But I think we need a little help from fiio on where and what to change on this resistor network, because this should be very good to have a low gain setting. But the eq on has been a lot better on the volume range, what a shame there's no line volume on the x5.

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #1,859 of 2,388
I didn't get a manual, just looking at pics from earlier on in this thread.
But I think we need a little help from fiio on where and what to change on this resistor network, because this should be very good to have a low gain setting. But the eq on has been a lot better on the volume range, what a shame there's no line volume on the x5.

I've used MediaMonkey to drop all tracks to an 80dB standard (Replay Gain) during transfers and it seems to have solved my problems, but the EQ is a good idea too

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #1,860 of 2,388
...what a shame there's no line volume on the x5.

Isn't a line level output a specified voltage value that's standard and non-adjustable?

But I know what you're saying. If there were a way to adjust the volume from the DAP without resorting to taking the headphone output into the E12DIY amp, thus adding one extra amplification stage. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back