Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 1, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #1,651 of 6,413
Precisely. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it does seem like they budget qualities of Aurisonics AS-2's is their base price, and the aesthetics are more of a luxury. But I think that some of the prices aren't outrageous. If I said the AS-2's were $1000 and the polishing and chrome cost $200 extra, for a grand total of $1200, you would say that's a fair overall price for the options you're getting. $1000 is the price of the UE IERM's which are definitely direct competition for the AS-2's, though most people know where I stand on the comparison of the two.
Quote:
Perhaps I should put things into perspective. On Kenman345's AS-2 review, Dale posts about the aesthetics and says that they use the exact same processes as jewelers use. I'm not sure if you are taking into account all the extra work that is going to have to go into your AS-2 because they are individually made because these are custom plates and they can't be done in large amounts (which would reduce the costs) because they are made to cover a pair of IEM made to fit onto your ears. I think that they are more of a premium item rather vs the budget item.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #1,652 of 6,413
Quote:
Precisely. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it does seem like they budget qualities of Aurisonics AS-2's is their base price, and the aesthetics are more of a luxury. But I think that some of the prices aren't outrageous. If I said the AS-2's were $1000 and the polishing and chrome cost $200 extra, for a grand total of $1200, you would say that's a fair overall price for the options you're getting. $1000 is the price of the UE IERM's which are definitely direct competition for the AS-2's, though most people know where I stand on the comparison of the two.

Mhm.  In addition, we haven't seen all of the options so we shall have to wait and see.  I definitely think the base price is quite fair.

I'm quite excited if there are several wood options (like Cocobolo, Siamese Rosewood) and other colors options like Stealth.

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #1,653 of 6,413
Quote:

I think "microns" may be an under/overstatement. You do know that a micron is 1/1,000,000th of an meter, right? One eukaryotic cell is about 50 microns, still invisible to the human eye.

Standard gold plate in jewelry applications is ~0.5 microns. Heavy gold plate is ~2.5 microns. 

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #1,655 of 6,413
So I found an EQ for these that I really like, it actually made me put my 262s down 0.o wish I had more bands to play with on rockbox though.

46c1cf74-a059-633c.jpg

Sent from my rommed Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Aug 1, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #1,656 of 6,413
Been a while since I posted. Too busy with work and listening to my ASG-1s :wink:

Just picked up an album by Turkish guitarist Cenk Erdogan. Cool microtonal jazz fusion, for those who are so inclined. This track sounds killer thru my ASG-1!

https://soundcloud.com/cenkerdogan/hey-doctor

Now, to catch up with the 50+ pages I've missed since I last read this thread...

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #1,658 of 6,413
Met with Dale today in Chicago, Great guy! Saw some of the finished AS-2 customs. I'll just tell you guys these photos don't do the actual products justice. These IEMs are like beautiful pieces of jewelry that sound simply fantastic! AS-2 is astounding with its craftsmanship. More thoughts later. You think you know about audio and sound until you sit down with Dale and realize you know nothing. Somehow he has a way of not letting you feel totally stupid...lol. But then again, he's a great source to learn from. Being a journalist, I absorb information anyway. Aurisonics is here to stay for the long haul.

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #1,659 of 6,413
Met with Dale today in Chicago, Great guy! Saw some of the finished AS-2 customs. I'll just tell you guys these photos don't do the actual products justice. These IEMs are like beautiful pieces of jewelry that sound simply fantastic! AS-2 is astounding with its craftsmanship. More thoughts later. You think you know about audio and sound until you sit down with Dale and realize you know nothing. Somehow he has a way of not letting you feel totally stupid...lol. But then again, he's a great source to learn from. Being a journalist, I absorb information anyway. Aurisonics is here to stay for the long haul.

Ugh, no more talk about the 2s until I can afford the.! XD I actually just emailed him tonight asking his advice on how to advance the treble up. Obviously my first thought was "get an AS-2!".

This place is bad for my financial well being lol

Sent from my rommed Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #1,660 of 6,413
Quote:

He was in the Windy City?  LOL, I should've driven down there to take a peak XD  If only I had known :frowning2:  I'm not surprised they look like jewelry though as they are marketed, and priced, that way with the add ons.  I'm sure they would look it as well.  Hopefully the look doesn't rub off quickly and lasts :)

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #1,661 of 6,413
Quote:

He was in the Windy City?  LOL, I should've driven down there to take a peak XD  If only I had known :frowning2:  I'm not surprised they look like jewelry though as they are marketed, and priced, that way with the add ons.  I'm sure they would look it as well.  Hopefully the look doesn't rub off quickly and lasts :)

Nothing cheap at all about these products, tinyman392. Nothing that will rub off. These are handcrafted finely tuned high-end iems. The craftsmanship is superb! 

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #1,662 of 6,413
Quote:

Nothing cheap at all about these products, tinyman392. Nothing that will rub off. These are handcrafted finely tuned high-end iems. The craftsmanship is superb! 

I was alluding to the thickness of the gold, chrome (I'm still assuming it's platinum), and rhodium.  Hopefully it's hand painted vs the other method.  Hand painted = stays on longer, other method = rubs off quickly.  It's really something that you either have to get specs to find out (microns of thickness spec) or use.  Specs are released yet (as the product hasn't).  I'm sure that it is quality rather than speed (other method much faster).  However, I've had my share of getting owned by assuming.  I'm sure there are a few people on here that know how I feel about the verb assume.  

Aug 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #1,663 of 6,413
Quote:

As a journalist I hope you took some pictures.  After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.  XD

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #1,664 of 6,413
Life has been crazy busy, to say the least, so I haven't been around nearly as much as I'd like.  I also hadn't listened to my ASG's in nearly 2 weeks
eek.gif
until this morning.  I picked up both cd's from Florence and the Machine maybe 1-2 weeks ago and finally had a chance to listen today.  I popped them in this morning and listened to 2-3 songs and was pretty happy.  I really love acoustic guitars on these and her voice is amazing!  My cable seems to have turned a very interesting aqua color which I don't terribly mind though I may pick up a black one down the road.

As for customs? Probably not anytime soon as I just don't think I can afford them.  I do love seeing the amazing photos people have of them because they look really fantastic.

Aug 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #1,665 of 6,413
Can you hear the harshness in her voice from the recordings? I hear the faults in the mastering/recordings of the Florence and the Machine CD's on the AS-2's. Beautiful, but a bit annoying it's not better quality. Gonna try my vinyl versions sometime this weekend. I've been saving them for a special occasion. Been really enjoying my AS-2's more than ever so I'm gonna treat myself. 

Wait on the group buy, maybe it will help
Quote:
Life has been crazy busy, to say the least, so I haven't been around nearly as much as I'd like.  I also hadn't listened to my ASG's in nearly 2 weeks
eek.gif
until this morning.  I picked up both cd's from Florence and the Machine maybe 1-2 weeks ago and finally had a chance to listen today.  I popped them in this morning and listened to 2-3 songs and was pretty happy.  I really love acoustic guitars on these and her voice is amazing!  My cable seems to have turned a very interesting aqua color which I don't terribly mind though I may pick up a black one down the road.

As for customs? Probably not anytime soon as I just don't think I can afford them.  I do love seeing the amazing photos people have of them because they look really fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back