Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jul 31, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #1,621 of 6,413
Anyone check out the video on Aurisonics' facebook page? Kinda funny but also so true. I've been getting curious how epic the AS-2's would sound using the Smyth Realizer. 

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #1,622 of 6,413
I wonder where I'll find sugru locally. The DIY tips seem worth a shot.

Also, I can't wait for the ASG-2 launch and the customization options for it. The chrome is really cool, but I don't know how it will look with the unpolished IEMs

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #1,623 of 6,413
Quote:
I wonder where I'll find sugru locally. The DIY tips seem worth a shot.

Also, I can't wait for the ASG-2 launch and the customization options for it. The chrome is really cool, but I don't know how it will look with the unpolished IEMs

I'm pretty sure unpolished means it will look like the ASG-1

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #1,625 of 6,413
ASG-1's and ASG-2's are meant to be generic models of custom IEM's. They are not going to receive as much attention unfortunately as the CIEM versions will. Polishing a generic shell takes the same amount of work as a custom, so they can't bring costs down. The Chromed plates however, are all the same size so they can get them plated at the same time and lower costs for the end consumer.
Quote:
Why don't they allow polished?

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #1,627 of 6,413
Quote:
ASG-1's and ASG-2's are meant to be generic models of custom IEM's. They are not going to receive as much attention unfortunately as the CIEM versions will. Polishing a generic shell takes the same amount of work as a custom, so they can't bring costs down. The Chromed plates however, are all the same size so they can get them plated at the same time and lower costs for the end consumer.

I was vague.  What I meant was, why don't they allow polished shells on their own without plates for the AS-2?  

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #1,628 of 6,413
Just so you know, the AS series has 3 screws in their plates while the ASG has three. So, unless this changed, plates aren't transferable.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #1,629 of 6,413
I think you mean ASG has two. Plates shouldn't be transferrable between the two.  AFAIK
Quote:
Just so you know, the AS series has 3 screws in their plates while the ASG has three. So, unless this changed, plates aren't transferable.
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message
tongue.gif

Jul 31, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #1,631 of 6,413
I would just like to state that although my previous comments have been negative, they in no way are meant to be malicious nor tarnish the excellent fidelity that I am sure the AS-2 entails.

Jul 31, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #1,632 of 6,413
I Still don't have a concrete opinion of my ASG-1s, and i've had them for a while!

I still own them though, if that is any indication. I honestly need to hear the asg-2s at this point, as I can't think of anything else in this range of non-customs that would satisfy me. The asg-1 is on the verge of being what i would consider a "permanent keeper" as far as my ideal sound goes, i just don't know. I switched over to using the tips that came with the UE200s, best i've tried so far.

I wish i had enough play money to give the AS-2s a shot, and finally settle it.

August approaches, is there any news as far as the ASG-2?

The aesthetic options look nice, but i can understand how they would be a custom-priority thing. I definitely couldn't afford to spend $100 on the chrome plates for the ASG, but it's a cool option, especially if they're a pair of phones you're going to have for a good long time.

Jul 31, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #1,633 of 6,413
I remember when you ordered them, you got over 200 hours on them yet? Apparently burn in should still be affecting them if not.

ASG-2's seem a ways off. Not entirely sure how the large volume of orders for AS-2's affect the supply. Could be good for the BA's or it could be bad, we'll find out in the next few weeks to months. 

Money is well spent when you invest in something you love and plan to keep for years to come. That's why I went for aesthetic options for my AS-1's that I ordered.
Quote:
I Still don't have a concrete opinion of my ASG-1s, and i've had them for a while!

I still own them though, if that is any indication. I honestly need to hear the asg-2s at this point, as I can't think of anything else in this range of non-customs that would satisfy me. The asg-1 is on the verge of being what i would consider a "permanent keeper" as far as my ideal sound goes, i just don't know. I switched over to using the tips that came with the UE200s, best i've tried so far.

I wish i had enough play money to give the AS-2s a shot, and finally settle it.

August approaches, is there any news as far as the ASG-2?

The aesthetic options look nice, but i can understand how they would be a custom-priority thing. I definitely couldn't afford to spend $100 on the chrome plates for the ASG, but it's a cool option, especially if they're a pair of phones you're going to have for a good long time.

Jul 31, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #1,634 of 6,413
Quote:
I would just like to state that although my previous comments have been negative, they in no way are meant to be malicious nor tarnish the excellent fidelity that I am sure the AS-2 entails.

Negative comments are fine, so long as there is a logical reason behind it...  

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #1,635 of 6,413
and as long as you're following the rules of the forums. 
Quote:
Negative comments are fine, so long as there is a logical reason behind it...  

It's understandable that their is some controversy over the pricing of the aesthetic options. That being said, not many have actually seen them first hand and I think that plays a part in it. I have had many talks with Dale about the AS-2's and he put so much into them, and he has strived to bring low costs to people where he can. I am not sure how much of a markup the options are or what his margin of profit is, but I am happy to shell out the money since I can to get them. Just from the amount of joy the AS-2's have brought me and the amount I've used them, it's worth whatever I have to pay to have them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back