Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jul 31, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #1,636 of 6,413
Quote:
and as long as you're following the rules of the forums. 

It's understandable that their is some controversy over the pricing of the aesthetic options. That being said, not many have actually seen them first hand and I think that plays a part in it. I have had many talks with Dale about the AS-2's and he put so much into them, and he has strived to bring low costs to people where he can. I am not sure how much of a markup the options are or what his margin of profit is, but I am happy to shell out the money since I can to get them. Just from the amount of joy the AS-2's have brought me and the amount I've used them, it's worth whatever I have to pay to have them. 

If you look at what you're buying with the plating options (ignore gloss for now), it's priced fine...  24k Gold?  I think the chrome he uses was platinum (?) and black Rhodnium (I can't spell) is extremely rare as well.  

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #1,637 of 6,413
Quote:

If you look at what you're buying with the plating options (ignore gloss for now), it's priced fine...  24k Gold?  I think the chrome he uses was platinum (?) and black Rhodnium (I can't spell) is extremely rare as well.  

But you also have to realize the average plating is microns thick.  However, I'm sure that Dale and Aurisonics are striving to keep costs low for his customers, while profiting of course 
wink_face.gif

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #1,638 of 6,413
Quote:

But you also have to realize the average plating is microns thick.  However, I'm sure that Dale and Aurisonics are striving to keep costs low for his customers, while profiting of course 
wink_face.gif

We'd have to find out by getting them...  I would be a little disappointed if it was only microns thick.  

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #1,639 of 6,413
Quote:

wink_face.gif

I think "microns" may be an under/overstatement. You do know that a micron is 1/1,000,000th of an meter, right? One eukaryotic cell is about 50 microns, still invisible to the human eye.

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #1,640 of 6,413
Quote:

I think "microns" may be an under/overstatement. You do know that a micron is 1/1,000,000th of an meter, right? One eukaryotic cell is about 50 microns, still invisible to the human eye.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Vermeil-Jewelry-A-Guide-to-Smart-Buying?ugid=10000000000711542

http://www.goldplating.com/PopcornAndGold.htm

Just Google "plating thickness micron" or "how thick is gold plating" and you'll see various results.

Again.  I am not trying to insults Aurisonics if that is what a read gathers as he reflects on my comments.  Already with a fair price of 800 USD base price on the AS-2 and the fidelity that it entails, I do not doubt its value.

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #1,641 of 6,413
Quote:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Vermeil-Jewelry-A-Guide-to-Smart-Buying?ugid=10000000000711542

Just Google "plating thickness micron" or "how thick is gold plating" and you'll see various results.

Again.  I am not trying to insults Aurisonics if that is what a read gathers as he reflects on my comments.  Already with a fair price of 800 USD base price on the AS-2 and the fidelity that it entails, I do not doubt its value.

Interesting.

I'm not arguing with your personal concept of value, it's just hat you've stated your point several times. There are only so many ways to say something before it gets repetitive. 

Profit margins aside, if you don't feel like paying for something then just don't do it.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #1,642 of 6,413
Quote:

Interesting.

I'm not arguing with your personal concept of value, it's just hat you've stated your point several times. There are only so many ways to say something before it gets repetitive. 

Profit margins aside, if you don't feel like paying for something then just don't do it.

I was replying to a post.  It's not repetitive if I offer new information that obviously people are not aware of.  I merely add in a concession statement because people have considered me overly hostile.  And that remark, if you don't feel like paying.... could be applied to anything and is a moot argument.   Again, I'm not disagreeing with it, I was just expressing my discontent as is allowed by the rules of these forums and as I earlier remarked and have shown I have stopped complaining.

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #1,643 of 6,413
Sooooooo to derail the cost discussion, has anyone tried double flanges on these? I threw some Meelec black doubles on and it seemed nice. Idk, I like the more secure fit in my ears. I'm still indecisive if I like these or not though lol

Sent from my rommed Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #1,644 of 6,413
Quote:
Sooooooo to derail the cost discussion, has anyone tried double flanges on these? I threw some Meelec black doubles on and it seemed nice. Idk, I like the more secure fit in my ears. I'm still indecisive if I like these or not though lol

I'm using stock double flange tips to try to bring out more midrange.  It helps.  I'll say that one :)

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #1,646 of 6,413
Quote:
The tiny ones? Truth be told, since I heard the stock tips were kinda bleh, I didn't even bother with those double flanges XD

Stock dual flanges are better than the stock singles.  I wish it came with a full set of hybrids.  

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #1,647 of 6,413
That would be nice, or a set of Complys so I can cut them up and stuff them under my Auvios lol. Actually I just remembered that the Auvios came with mini biflanges similar to the stock ones, gotta find that package!:rolleyes:

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #1,648 of 6,413
Quote:
That would be nice, or a set of Complys so I can cut them up and stuff them under my Auvios lol. Actually I just remembered that the Auvios came with mini biflanges similar to the stock ones, gotta find that package!
rolleyes.gif

complies do fit and increase isolation.  They don't help the vocal and highs though.  

Aug 1, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #1,650 of 6,413
Quote:

Perhaps I should put things into perspective. On Kenman345's AS-2 review, Dale posts about the aesthetics and says that they use the exact same processes as jewelers use. I'm not sure if you are taking into account all the extra work that is going to have to go into your AS-2 because they are individually made because these are custom plates and they can't be done in large amounts (which would reduce the costs) because they are made to cover a pair of IEM made to fit onto your ears. I think that they are more of a premium item rather vs the budget item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back