Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #1,681 of 6,413
The memory wire is important. If you want little amounts of memory wire, I hear Whiplash Audio uses a minor amount (in terms of length) on the cable.
Quote:
i hate any kind of memory wire, because it is so stupid to handle everytime you put the phones out of their case. that is one reason, why i am not into customs anymore.

You seem to have a very unique idea of how to get the most out of IEM's. The ASG-2's will surely be killer. My AS-2's only beg the question of how is Dale going to outdo these, and the answer is wait and see. According to Jaysins, (i think that's his name, the person who went on a tour of Aurisonics a few months ago), Dale already has ideas for things way in the future. Keep it coming Dale!

Originally Posted by ANDEROAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so these big beauties are in my opinion a very very very great investment, makes all the chasing tail/burn in hub bub all worth it, I think the sound that I have now is even more enjoyable then the original version that I started with! now I need to hear/get the ASG-2s! Dale is ingenious, hook you in with the 1.2s, and then go in for the kill with the 2s? a sound that I will chase to the ends of the earth! bu wa ha ha ha ha! 

here'e some pics. of my brick and mortor therapy on the run!

[Pictures]

and of course the star of the show! a close up Mr. Demil

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #1,682 of 6,413
Hey Kman,

YES the word of the day is totally "unconventional!" as is the product from Aurisonics! and the larger then life sound that these all put out! kowabungs dudes and dudettes! whatever it takes to get the job done! and Dale is a super guy, and just the man to get that job done, most defineately!

the sound that my rig gets has a much more natural sound to it, if one can call it that? but an awesome tight bass, very very sub, and very very well defined, with mids to match, I will be getting an all silver iem cable, along with all silver innerconnects, to give the treble some more sparkle, these things make my W4 sound anemic, had a hard time trying to listen to them? ggrrr, and I just bough them? anyone looking for a great set of W4rs, let me know,  lets makes a deal,

sorry to interupt your regular earcasting with this public Head-Fi service
                                      anouncement? now back to your listening pleasure! 

"
atsmile.gif

ph34r.gif

wink_face.gif

smile_phones.gif

L3000.gif

rolleyes.gif

beyersmile.png

biggrin.gif
 "            

Happy Listening!

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #1,683 of 6,413
AS-2's will do you well. I use my Pico Slim and it's easy to get lost in the treble extension. So beautiful. Get ready to hear some great things when people start getting them
Quote:
Hey Kman,

the sound that my rig gets has a much more natural sound to it, if one can call it that? but an awesome tight bass, very very sub, and very very well defined, with mids to match, I will be getting an all silver iem cable, along with all silver innerconnects, to give the treble some more sparkle, these things make my W4 sound anemic, had a hard time trying to listen to them? 

Aug 13, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #1,684 of 6,413
Is there any word at all about the ASG-2's? I'm really, really looking forward to it.

Back on my ASG-1s, I honestly have not heard an IEM that was a full sounding as it. Really immense on some tracks, especially with EQ

Aug 13, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #1,685 of 6,413
Quote:
Is there any word at all about the ASG-2's? I'm really, really looking forward to it.

Back on my ASG-1s, I honestly have not heard an IEM that was a full sounding as it. Really immense on some tracks, especially with EQ

No ASG-2 for a while I'll tell you that. There may be an interesting post from me later on in the day depending on the cooperation of Canada Post...

Aug 13, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #1,686 of 6,413
Just wait, They havent even announced the group buy yet, let alone talked about more details about the ASG-2. All I have heard from my conversations with Dale is that it's still on track to be released before the end of the year.
Quote:

Aug 13, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #1,689 of 6,413
Check his profile, he's got AS-2's on order. 
Quote:
Ooh prototype?

Perhaps? You have two items you are supposed to get from Aurisonics (AS-2's and ASG-1.2's) and you think you got something else besides? Can't wait to see what you get. 
Quote:

Perhaps...

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #1,690 of 6,413
So my package finally arrived! I knew I was getting a surprise with my ASG-1 but this was totally unexpected.

[size=12pt] So something really special just arrived today! The new Aurisonics ASG-1S signature series! These have polished shells and chrome covers that are simply exquisite to look at. The packaging and the way they look is top notch, I spent at least half an hour admiring the visual presentation. I sent my ASG-1 rev 1.1 in for an upgrade and this came back. Wow was I amazed! Dale sent a personal note wishing me a happy belated birthday along with these. I was already an Aurisonics fan but this is remarkable.
[/size]
[size=12pt]  
[/size]
[size=12pt] I asked if these would be offered as a regular product now and the answer was "Yes they are now a regular product of Aurisonics and will cost $499.99 retail"
[size=12pt]Apparently, mine are the first ones created for production (so serial number 0001) and are boxed in a presentation case. I love the box they came in but Aurisonics may put them in a black 2000 series otterbox for further protection. I would like to inform everyone that these DO NOT sound like the ASG-1. They have, what Dale calls, "signature series tuning".[/size]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]

You may want to check out Headphones for Dummies for pictures. I'm not sure of how good the quality is on these pics. Link

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #1,691 of 6,413
Finally, Someone else who has the luxury of seeing how beautiful the chrome work is on the AS Series. Glad to hear you got a nice surprise. Dale is a great man for doing such things. Guess it's another review exclusive for the blog.
Quote:
So my package finally arrived! I knew I was getting a surprise with my ASG-1 but this was totally unexpected.

[size=12pt] So something really special just arrived today! The new Aurisonics ASG-1S signature series! These have polished shells and chrome covers that are simply exquisite to look at. The packaging and the way they look is top notch. I sent my ASG-1 rev 1.1 in for an upgrade and this came back. Wow was I amazed! Dale sent a personal note wishing me a happy belated birthday along with these. I was already an Aurisonics fan but this is remarkable.
[/size]
[size=12pt]  
[/size]
[size=12pt] I asked if these would be offered as a regular product now and the answer was " Yes they are now a regular product of Aurisonics and will cost $499.99 retail"
[/size]
[size=12pt]  
[/size]
[size=12pt] Apparently, mine are the first ones created for production (so serial number 0001) and are boxed in a presentation case. I love the box they came in but may put them in a black 2000 series otterbox for further protection. I would like to inform everyone that these DO NOT sound like the ASG-1. They have, what Dale calls, "signature series tuning".
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
[/size]

You may want to check out Headphones for Dummies for pictures. I'm not sure of how good the quality is on these pics. Link

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #1,692 of 6,413
Quote:
Finally, Someone else who has the luxury of seeing how beautiful the chrome work is on the AS Series. Glad to hear you got a nice surprise. Dale is a great man for doing such things. Guess it's another review exclusive for the blog.

it isn't exclusive, i just question the picture quality here

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #1,693 of 6,413
I meant having the first model/review of this model. Can't wait to hear how you like it. My AS-1's will be here next week hopefully. 
Quote:
it isn't exclusive, i just question the picture quality here

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #1,694 of 6,413
Quote:
I meant having the first model/review of this model. Can't wait to hear how you like it. My AS-1's will be here next week hopefully. 

Oh yeah more or less. Currently, normal tuning sounds somewhat similar to the ASG-1.1 with a few differences making it sound it sound more balanced. Currently I like a the EQ set to flat up until the 1k region and giving it a slight bump after that. More details to come.

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #1,695 of 6,413
Those look exquisite.  

Will future units of the AS-2 also be available with the presentation case in addition to the standard accessories or is it exclusive to the signature series.

Looks like Aurisonics has finally uploaded some pictures of their own on their Facebook page of chrome AS-2's!  Quite excited for some pictures of black rhodium plated AS-2's.  
I hate myself for saying this but my materialism is making me want to invest money into aesthetic upgrades when realism is attempting to keep me grounded.

And if the AS-2 comes with that leather/pleather? case, it will really emphasize the fact that it is their flagship and it is a "premium" product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back