Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 25, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #1,111 of 6,413
I haven't checked their FB page in at least a week, so it was helpful to me.

Jun 25, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #1,113 of 6,413
Quote:
yeh no need to dig him out and he did actually post the whole PR which i have not come across on here yet.

Thanks for the post ericp!

X2 .. You're welcome Swimsonny (oh, that other stuff is about to post soon. Won't mention it on this post. I'll inbox you).

Jun 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #1,114 of 6,413
Yeh CN11 i would not mind some more impressions as well but no pressure if you need more time. Did you make the transition from the original to the 1.2?
Quote:

X2 .. You're welcome Swimsonny (oh, that other stuff is about to post soon. Won't mention it on this post. I'll inbox you).

Okay, look forward to it!

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #1,115 of 6,413
Quote:
cn11, I'm in need of more impressions. Tell us what you think!

Well I'm not really noticing much in the way of changes through burn in, but I am liking them more and more the longer I have them. I do still think they're a bit on the dark side if not EQ'd, but once a touch of high treble is added they pick up a decent level of shimmer and detail (so it can be coaxed out of the driver). Other than that, the rest of the range is golden! Controlled yet bottomless bass, wonderful well placed midrange. And there's the big wide soundstage, great depth, height, and placement.... and a real naturalness to the overall tone. By comparison tone is something my MG6Pro's really struggle with. They sound kind of weird and plastic-like in the vocals after listening to the ASG-1.2, and also have a big midrange spike which is borderline painful! I know there has been discussion of a slight midrange peak even with the revision on the ASG-1.2, but I don't find it bothersome at all, especially after the midrange knife on the FS customs.

Quote:
Yeh CN11 i would not mind some more impressions as well but no pressure if you need more time. Did you make the transition from the original to the 1.2?
Okay, look forward to it!

Unfortunately I didn't get to hear the original version first. I picked up this pair of 1.2's for sale here in the classifieds. I think they were pretty low hours when I received them, but I haven't really noticed the sound evolving too much with the hours I've put on which I'd say is only about 20 hours so far (I do most of my listening at work, and I mainly use my modded Fostex T50RP orthos during the days). 

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #1,116 of 6,413
Quote:

Well I'm not really noticing much in the way of changes through burn in, but I am liking them more and more the longer I have them. I do still think they're a bit on the dark side if not EQ'd, but once a touch of high treble is added they pick up a decent level of shimmer and detail (so it can be coaxed out of the driver). Other than that, the rest of the range is golden! Controlled yet bottomless bass, wonderful well placed midrange. And there's the big wide soundstage, great depth, height, and placement.... and a real naturalness to the overall tone. By comparison tone is something my MG6Pro's really struggle with. They sound kind of weird and plastic-like in the vocals after listening to the ASG-1.2, and also have a big midrange spike which is borderline painful! I know there has been discussion of a slight midrange peak even with the revision on the ASG-1.2, but I don't find it bothersome at all, especially after the midrange knife on the FS customs.

Nice! I'm glad you're enjoying them. I was really interested in the MG6Pro up until I read shotgunshane's review, and now your impressions. 

I tried the EQ you posted a while back and I found that it made the highs sound disjointed from the rest of spectrum, and messed with the coherence a bit. Try this out and tell me what you think:  2000 Hz : +1.5 dB. 4000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 5000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 8000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 12000 Hz : +5.0 dB 16000 Hz : +5.5 dB.

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #1,120 of 6,413
This is just a thought, but does any one a bit knowledgable know if the material used in the plate can affect the sound as it will change resonance and things, no? Or am I just being daft and under the wood or metal will be a layer of the main housing material of the same thickness?

Oh and the wood looks gorgeous!

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #1,121 of 6,413
I've been very curious about this myself. Sent an email or two asking Dale and it no definitive answers that I can remember. I think this is just one thing he'll let us know when it's actually available to buy, which is fine with me I'm sure it's going to be good anyways.
Quote:
This is just a thought, but does any one a bit knowledgable know if the material used in the plate can affect the sound as it will change resonance and things, no? Or am I just being daft and under the wood or metal will be a layer of the main housing material of the same thickness?
Oh and the wood looks gorgeous!

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #1,122 of 6,413
A lot of times materials do make a difference.  But it also depends on where the material is placed in proportion to the driver and what's between them. 

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #1,124 of 6,413
Quote:
Hmm this is very interesting. That is what i sort of suspected if their is the same material underneath. 

Like similar customization options offered by other companies.  In the end, there is fine tuning to make sure that the finished product will be as close to the ideal frequency response so even if the materials did make a difference (which it probably won't make an audible difference as if I had to guess it is probe a plastic faceplate with the wood on top of it as opposed to wooden housing, which would definitely affect the sound.

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #1,125 of 6,413
Plastic with wood on top sounds reasonable. Nonetheless very exciting. Mid July release date is pretty epic :) 
I think most other companies that do wood faceplates for customs are just wood cast inside the plastic though as exposed wood is too easily damaged. Would still like the brass/gold colored ones way more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back