Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 24, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #1,096 of 6,413
Quote:

Use the memory wire to push the top of your ear away from your head.  This should help out with fit a lot.

yes I found that repositioning the memory wire helps with pushing the tip into just where it needs to be to get the best seal and fit!

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #1,099 of 6,413
Quote:
yes I found that repositioning the memory wire helps with pushing the tip into just where it needs to be to get the best seal and fit!

Glad that helped out a lot.  I know it helped me when I had comfort issues :)

Quote:
My ASG-1 says hi from jamaica. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on this side of the Caribbean with a pair!

Picture would be better if you focused in on the ASG-1 rather than the background. :p  Just being picky.  Have fun in Jamaica :)

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #1,100 of 6,413
Quote:
Reserved a pair of Toxic Cables which should be in in about 3 weeks. Went for silver plated copper Vipers, since they can be done with translucent black coating, which should help mask tarnishing.  

Unfortunately there is a slight delay, cables won't start shipping till the end of July now, this is due to the overmoulders taking longer then what they had originally told me. Sorry.

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #1,101 of 6,413
I just got my hands on some stock TF10s for a while, so I thought I'd do a quick comparison of the two. I thought the TF10 had more detail retrieval than the ASG, and a smoother soundsig with a more balanced presentation of instruments. However the ASG had superior midrange, making the TF10 sound recessed in comparison. When listening to metal or rock music, the ASG's still seem to have this weird upper mids spike that negatively affects their overall presentation and it bothers me. I haven't been able to EQ it away. The TF10 also has a slightly wider soundstage, but the ASG has better depth and imaging. I like the bass of the ASG better, no question about that.

Anyway, I don't know why but I still prefer the ASG 1.2 even though the TF10 is superior in a lot of the technicalities. 

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #1,102 of 6,413
I can still remember the day I tried them TF10s --- they never stayed for more than 10secs in my ears
biggrin.gif
V-sounding I said
tongue.gif

Jun 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #1,104 of 6,413
awesome advice. this helped a ton. 

Quote:

Use the memory wire to push the top of your ear away from your head.  This should help out with fit a lot.

No problem. Glad it worked for you :)

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #1,106 of 6,413
From their Facebook page. Exciting times indeed!

A New Audio Standard Is Forged With Introduction of Sonically Inspiring Hybrid Custom In-Ear Monitor

NASHVILLE – Aurisonics Incorporated, a forward thinking and groundbreaking in-ear audio products company based in Tennessee, will release the AS-2, its highly anticipated second series custom In-ear monitor for the pro-musician market on July 12, 2012.

Poised to be a game changer in a highly competitive custom in-ear monitoring market, the AS-2 radiates with unparalleled sonic clarity and beauty, and emerges as a new standard bearer that will delight professional musicians and audiophiles alike. The unique combination of a 15mm dynamic driver and “next generation” dual tweeters has left mouths ajar and cerebral cortexes suspended in audio Nirvana for those fortunate enough to be chosen as sound testers for the AS-2.

“This first-generation product has blown away people with its smoothness, clarity and flat response,” said Dale Lott, founder and president of Aurisonics. “Its immediate impact has been confirmed by lovers of fine high-end audio gear all over the world.”

Recognizing that true success requires research, Lott reached out to other professionals as he honed the design of the AS-2. Taking in their suggestions (and recounting how industry consumers enthusiastically received the AS-1 and other first wave Aurisonics products), Lott locked in on his clients’ desires to get a greater low end; better sound reproduction; along with producing a repairable product at a lesser cost than competitors in the market. 

“We received some great suggestions for what the pro-musician market wanted,” Lott continued. “And one point that became abundantly clear in our research and development is that in-ear monitors have not changed a lot in over 20 years. Well, we set out to change that. The AS-2 is an entirely different animal.”

Highlights of the sonic animal the AS-2 developed into consist of:

• A 15mm Dynamic Driver 
• Next Generation Dual Tweeters – custom designed ultra high frequency extension for silky smooth performance 
• The option to tune and adjust the bass response to personal preference 
• Hyper-Coating Comfort Tips (a body heat activated, hypo-allergenic, anti-microbial soft canal coating that forms a solid seal to the ear with maximum comfort)
• Shortened ear canals to reduce annoyance for singers while maintaining a proper seal
• Recessed cable connectors, which protect the connector from lateral damage and maintains positive connection with the shell 
• Designed to reduce failure rates due to perspiration 
• Addressed issue of ear wax plugging the sound bore

“I designed the AS-2 to answer the needs of the touring musician by giving him or her greatly increased performance at a much lower price,” Lott added. “But this is just the beginning! This product is a culmination of our continual process of pushing the envelope to provide products of the highest quality for our customers, while being sonically state-of-the-art and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.”

On July 12, in Nashville, Tenn., the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Summer Show 2012 will be Aurisonics’ launch location for the AS-2 (at booth number 1700). There, the AS-2’s target market - professional musicians, live and studio mix engineers, audiophiles, and pro-sumers – can audition demo versions of the custom in-ear monitor and have additional questions answered by Aurisonics’ representatives. For further information, please visit Aurisonics website atwww.aurisonics.com.

Jun 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #1,107 of 6,413
Quote:
From their Facebook page. Exciting times indeed!

A New Audio Standard Is Forged With Introduction of Sonically Inspiring Hybrid Custom In-Ear Monitor

NASHVILLE – Aurisonics Incorporated, a forward thinking and groundbreaking in-ear audio products company based in Tennessee, will release the AS-2, its highly anticipated second series custom In-ear monitor for the pro-musician market on July 12, 2012.

Poised to be a game changer in a highly competitive custom in-ear monitoring market, the AS-2 radiates with unparalleled sonic clarity and beauty, and emerges as a new standard bearer that will delight professional musicians and audiophiles alike. The unique combination of a 15mm dynamic driver and “next generation” dual tweeters has left mouths ajar and cerebral cortexes suspended in audio Nirvana for those fortunate enough to be chosen as sound testers for the AS-2.

“This first-generation product has blown away people with its smoothness, clarity and flat response,” said Dale Lott, founder and president of Aurisonics. “Its immediate impact has been confirmed by lovers of fine high-end audio gear all over the world.”

Recognizing that true success requires research, Lott reached out to other professionals as he honed the design of the AS-2. Taking in their suggestions (and recounting how industry consumers enthusiastically received the AS-1 and other first wave Aurisonics products), Lott locked in on his clients’ desires to get a greater low end; better sound reproduction; along with producing a repairable product at a lesser cost than competitors in the market. 

“We received some great suggestions for what the pro-musician market wanted,” Lott continued. “And one point that became abundantly clear in our research and development is that in-ear monitors have not changed a lot in over 20 years. Well, we set out to change that. The AS-2 is an entirely different animal.”

Highlights of the sonic animal the AS-2 developed into consist of:

• A 15mm Dynamic Driver 
• Next Generation Dual Tweeters – custom designed ultra high frequency extension for silky smooth performance 
• The option to tune and adjust the bass response to personal preference 
• Hyper-Coating Comfort Tips (a body heat activated, hypo-allergenic, anti-microbial soft canal coating that forms a solid seal to the ear with maximum comfort)
• Shortened ear canals to reduce annoyance for singers while maintaining a proper seal
• Recessed cable connectors, which protect the connector from lateral damage and maintains positive connection with the shell 
• Designed to reduce failure rates due to perspiration 
• Addressed issue of ear wax plugging the sound bore

“I designed the AS-2 to answer the needs of the touring musician by giving him or her greatly increased performance at a much lower price,” Lott added. “But this is just the beginning! This product is a culmination of our continual process of pushing the envelope to provide products of the highest quality for our customers, while being sonically state-of-the-art and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.”

On July 12, in Nashville, Tenn., the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Summer Show 2012 will be Aurisonics’ launch location for the AS-2 (at booth number 1700). There, the AS-2’s target market - professional musicians, live and studio mix engineers, audiophiles, and pro-sumers – can audition demo versions of the custom in-ear monitor and have additional questions answered by Aurisonics’ representatives. For further information, please visit Aurisonics website atwww.aurisonics.com.

That was up there for a long time

Jun 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #1,108 of 6,413
Quote:
That was up there for a long time

Well, actually that press release hasn't been up there for a long time. You're wrong. Plus, I've never seen that full press release posted here. But what does it matter? Just sharing information.

Jun 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #1,110 of 6,413
Quote:
Well, actually that press release hasn't been up there for a long time. You're wrong. Plus, I've never seen that full press release posted here. But what does it matter? Just sharing information.

Well my definition of a long time is past 3 days, but mheh, it doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back