Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #1,081 of 6,413
so after a week listening to them i found:

the bass is no where as amazing as some people described in this thread. its not as impactful as i expected at all, and isn't as deep as i expected. my friends mg7s def have more bass (although i didn't listen to them that long, it did seem boomier). the mids are great and the highs for me are at a perfect place.

the main problem im having is fit issues. none of the single flange fit well. medium doesn't seal, large doesn't even go in all the way. the biflange small kinda fits my left ear, but it hurts, the medium hurts within a minute of sitting there. the small on the my right ear is loose, and the medium hurts after 15mins.

ive tried some other random medium single flanges i had and none fit well.

i read the meleec long single flanges are pretty good, i guess ill have to go and buy/try those.

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #1,082 of 6,413
Quote:

the bass is no where as amazing as some people described in this thread. its not as impactful as i expected at all, and isn't as deep as i expected. my friends mg7s def have more bass (although i didn't listen to them that long, it did seem boomier). the mids are great and the highs for me are at a perfect place.

the main problem im having is fit issues. none of the single flange fit well. medium doesn't seal, large doesn't even go in all the way. the biflange small kinda fits my left ear, but it hurts, the medium hurts within a minute of sitting there. the small on the my right ear is loose, and the medium hurts after 15mins.

i read the melee long single flanges are pretty good, i guess ill have to go and buy/try those.

Your "fit issues" probably explains why the bass seems underwhelming.  I'm not saying the bass will meet your expectations with a good fit, but it could certainly explain why it's less than impressive.  I can't speak to the MG7 comparison since I've not listened to those.. but I found the 1.2's bass to be pretty damn nice.  Nearly on par with the Quads.. and besting them at times.  The 1.2 is tuned in a monitor-friendly fashion so if you are expecting "fart canons" that pummel your ears, you will be disappointed 
wink_face.gif

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #1,083 of 6,413
Quote:

i read the meleec long single flanges are pretty good, i guess ill have to go and buy/try those.

Try sorting out your fit issues and re-evaluate the bass. My experience vs the MG7 was the exact opposite, and I had it for weeks.

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #1,084 of 6,413
they fit and they seal. i can hear the bass. i get the noise isolation and pressing them from virtually any angle more into my ears does nothing to the sound.

its pain that comes from them sitting in my ear is the fit issue. it hurts everywhere.
Quote:

Try sorting out your fit issues and re-evaluate the bass. My experience vs the MG7 was the exact opposite, and I had it for weeks.

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #1,085 of 6,413
Quote:

The lacking bass and quality can entirely be result of the bad fit you have (as others have said).  Also make sure you're inserting them correct as well.  You want to pull up on your ear to straighten your canal.  Then insert them as deep as you can (but also keep it comfortable) and roll back.  Guide the memory wire so it pushes the top of your ear outward to keep the proper fit. 

Different tips will alter the sound differently.  So play around.  Some tips I've heard work well:
  1. MEE long Dual Flange...  I think they were from the M16s don't quote me though.
  2. Ultimate Ears Single Flange
  3. Monster Single Flange silicone (not gel or foam)

Comply tips are also extremely comfortable and do provide a proper seal as well.  I was also able to get a good seal from Sony Hybrids too. 

You'll be surprised how much sound can change with different tips.  If you have a proper seal, you should be able to hear a deep texture, not just a dull thump.  You can also use tools like the Sensaphonics seal test to ensure you have the best seal (for most bass).

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #1,086 of 6,413
Quote:
they fit and they seal. i can hear the bass. i get the noise isolation and pressing them from virtually any angle more into my ears does nothing to the sound.

its pain that comes from them sitting in my ear is the fit issue. it hurts everywhere.

Ok. Try out various tips and see. I'd send you a few, but I'm out of the country for the summer.

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #1,087 of 6,413
Quote:

Well there's your problem! I'm fairly sure bass impact is highly dependent to the pressure of the sound wave. No seal, no pressure, no thump.

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #1,089 of 6,413
seems like you guys were right. if i press on the crest of the helix on my ear, towards the iems, the bass instantly improves and it sounds like its more in phase. ugh, guess im going tip hunting.

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #1,090 of 6,413
Quote:
seems like you guys were right. if i press on the crest of the helix on my ear, towards the iems, the bass instantly improves and it sounds like its more in phase. ugh, guess im going tip hunting.

But when are we ever wrong?

Jun 23, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #1,091 of 6,413
Quote:

Use the memory wire to push the top of your ear away from your head.  This should help out with fit a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back