Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #991 of 6,413
Been enjoying my fave albums so much with just the Fuze and ASG1v1de, can't get better than this.

On another note, I tried the ASG1 w/ the Dared MP5 this morning at the office but it hummed big time :p but there's a promising sound with a tube amp... Any candidates that will not make the ASG hum? I tried using a 75ohm IA but it didn't go away.

Jun 19, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #992 of 6,413
I've been using ASG-1v2 for weeks now. Love its bass even though sometimes I feel it's bit too much but I was able to adjust it with EQ :)
Also I'm having fun watching people on the subways looking(staring) at my ASG lol
oh btw  thanks to Matt at Springtree for answering all my newb questions! :)

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #993 of 6,413
So nobody heard both ASG-1 and AS-1? C'mon customers, I don't believe you jumped straight to the custom version :wink:

Jun 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #994 of 6,413
Quote:
So nobody heard both ASG-1 and AS-1? C'mon customers, I don't believe you jumped straight to the custom version :wink:

Some did. People seemed to have chosen either the universal or the custom. Seldom do they purchase both. Now, although I have the ASG-1.2 now, I do plan to buy a custom soon from Aurisonics. So maybe I can help you out then, but I can't think of anyone here who owns both the custom and universal. Maybe project86.

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #1,000 of 6,413
Forgot that kunlun has heard both!

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #1,001 of 6,413
Quote:
Been enjoying my fave albums so much with just the Fuze and ASG1v1de, can't get better than this.
On another note, I tried the ASG1 w/ the Dared MP5 this morning at the office but it hummed big time
tongue.gif
but there's a promising sound with a tube amp... Any candidates that will not make the ASG hum? I tried using a 75ohm IA but it didn't go away.

I remember the MP5 even made my Grados hum. Maybe the output impedance is too high. So far I've had pretty good results with using a Little Dot I+.

By the way, I temporarily traded my nano 6G for a friend's Fuze. It sounds pretty good like when we tested it, but I've made an EQ setting with the iphone that makes it sound better than with the Fuze even with +4-6 treble because of the better imaging. It's basically progressively increasing treble starting from 1.3khz to 20khz. Let's meet up again sometime to compare, I can bring the Little Dot tube amp as well. It's a hybrid SS/tube design though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back