Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 14, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #4,666 of 6,413
Well, after reading every page since 250 ordered the Forte's. Sight and sound unseen or heard. The hype better be real!! Upgrade from my Dunu DN1000's which I sold and was going to buy again and probably should have given these are $164 USD more expensive. Got them for $320 USD. Very nearly went with the Harmony's but smooth and nearly articulate treble is my thing. Hoping these sound similar to my Focal Spirit Classic's or my HP50's I used to own. Either way, very excited. Very nearly went with Harmony's but was worried about reports of sibilance particularity with say Opeth and Dream Theater etc. I also like smooth jazz so smooth rather than extended highs sold me.

Was looking at 2000J's for $214 USD but went with my head instead of my heart!! Bloody Head.Fi.

@jmills8
 all your fault. If you are wrong I'm going to hunt you down. :evil:  
I place my neck on the tree stump. Let me know what you think of them.

Feb 14, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #4,669 of 6,413
I trust jmills8 so much I'm trying to get rid of the ifi idsd to finance another ASG 2.5 since the missus won't allow me to spend anymore this month.

Another Aussie, cool. Yeah, got these from A2A - discounted from $649 to $449 although that is no real indication of whether or not I grabbed a bargain given the price collusion here in Oz with retailers. Though A2A were the only ones selling them so who knows. 

Going to buy a DAP for these - thinking DX80.

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #4,674 of 6,413
After falling in love with the Rockets I just couldn't resist an open box ASG-1PLUS at $240 delivered. Hopefully they'll arrive as fast as my Rockets did.......

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #4,676 of 6,413
Your failure to resist is the best blessing in disguise. You won't regret it. :wink:

Lol, thanks for the support. I hope you're right :)

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #4,677 of 6,413
Not had the pleasure of hearing the Rockets, but been trying to write up some impressions of the 1plus for the last week or so and keep getting lost I the music every time I put them on. Brilliant set of earphones. Hopefully have a set of 2.5s making their way to me in about a week or so to compare between the 1.5, 1plus and 2.5 - all I need now is one of the Bravo range or the Rockets but think my wallet may well kill me first! :wink:

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #4,678 of 6,413
I've just received my Bravo Harmony as an upgrade from IE80. I had a chance to try it at a local store before my purchase. Interestingly, I found that the new Harmony sounds quite different than the demo. I'm guessing it might be the new tuning to meet Fender standards. The bass is a but more subtle and the highs and vocals were more brighter than the demo.May also be do to burn in. Overall it is not as warm and is a bit faster, overall it is very neutrual IMO. I don't have a preference over the sounds of the harmonies, just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys.

P.S. my harmonies were manufactured in mid-Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back