Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 9, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #4,636 of 6,413
Just got my harmony but didnt come with medium tips. Can anyone tell me the difference with the medium+ and the medium tips? The medium+ are too big for me. Tnx

The M+ tips are more mushroom shaped.  They flare out at the bottom, kind of like a mushroom that grows on your lawn, if you water too much in the summer.

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #4,637 of 6,413
The M+ tips are more mushroom shaped.  They flare out at the bottom, kind of like a mushroom that grows on your lawn, if you water too much in the summer.

Thanks. I was wondering more about their size difference. The medium plus were big for me an hurt my ears after a while. Im using the small sureseals now but usually i use medium sized tips.

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #4,639 of 6,413
I tend to find that the sureseal tips are usually bigger than usual. Their small would be like mediums for other tips.

Tell you what. Harmony really treated me to full on aural sex this morning. :D
Don't really know why or how.
Except to say I activated the 'pop' eq on P1 and Supertramp's Crime of the Century, Floyd's DSotM and Steely Dan's Gaucho just opened up
and hit everything big and hard with real detail.

Thanks to Jmills for persistent recommendation for this. And apologies to those who contacted me when I thought of selling. I'm not.

Glad that you've found enjoyment out of it.

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #4,640 of 6,413

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #4,641 of 6,413
Just received my Kickers and I've been listening for a day and a half ... And I'm SO disappointed!

The sound almost thin, it feels that it has no meat to the bones, which I absolutely can't understand given their heritage. Voices are "just there" as in there's no emotion or anything to them. There is no real layering or depth to the instruments or voices. The bass is just like "doof doof" bass but there is no rumble to male voices and no nice meaty bass guitar presence and sense of body to the music through the Kickers. These are my first proper IEMs but damn, I'm not happy. My current benchmark is Thinksound ON1 which punches well above their weight class.

Am I crazy? I can't believe this :frowning2:

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #4,642 of 6,413
Just received my Kickers and I've been listening for a day and a half ... And I'm SO disappointed!

The sound almost thin, it feels that it has no meat to the bones, which I absolutely can't understand given their heritage. Voices are "just there" as in there's no emotion or anything to them. There is no real layering or depth to the instruments or voices. The bass is just like "doof doof" bass but there is no rumble to male voices and no nice meaty bass guitar presence and sense of body to the music through the Kickers. These are my first proper IEMs but damn, I'm not happy. My current benchmark is Thinksound ON1 which punches well above their weight class.

Have you tried different tips? Recommend Comply t400 if they're same size nozzle as Harmony. And/or proper insertion?

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #4,643 of 6,413

get different tips. Something wrong.

Feb 10, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #4,645 of 6,413

I had a similar first reaction to my Harmony. As the others say, roll tips - wide bore, and at least medium insertion depth seems to be be the way with these things.
Also try burning it in. I know it's a contentious subject but I believe it worked for the Harmony. It was small staged, congested, thin and sharp on first listen. Took less than 50 hours to open up (WIDE), settle the bass and reduce a few peaks. Nothing special, just pink noise through my laptop for a few days.

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #4,646 of 6,413
Same here. Knew instantly that the supplied tips didn't seal well for me.

Think the bass has tightened slightly, but not a major change to me from burn in. I am a believer that dynamic drivers improve with burn in, but not sure about BA's.

Currently listening to Massive Attack's Blue Lines; sounds great. These are a really good compliment to my more neutral Etymotic ER4's.

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #4,647 of 6,413
Thanks to all the replies! I think I'm going to give them a good burn in, it's worked on some other earphones. I'm currently inserting them really deep to get a good seal and only the smallest tips are working for me (med does too but prevents deep insertion).

I live in South Africa so tips are essentially non existent so if I'm going to get some imported, I need a good bet pair.

What type of tips do you suggest? I don't think comply can work since I'll be importing regularly in that instance. Thanks for the advice and since I've been inserting them deep they have improved a lot!

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #4,648 of 6,413
Thanks to all the replies! I think I'm going to give them a good burn in, it's worked on some other earphones. I'm currently inserting them really deep to get a good seal and only the smallest tips are working for me (med does too but prevents deep insertion).

I live in South Africa so tips are essentially non existent so if I'm going to get some imported, I need a good bet pair.

What type of tips do you suggest? I don't think comply can work since I'll be importing regularly in that instance. Thanks for the advice and since I've been inserting them deep they have improved a lot!

The JVC spiral dots work great for me. If you have any IEM's with tips that work for you, try those. The surefit ones didn't work when I first got my kickers. I just used the ones off of my Vsonics and they now work great. Good luck

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #4,649 of 6,413
General question - I have the ASG1plus and ASG 1.5 to listen to at the moment. Love the balanced sound of the 1plus, and after serious EQ to add the missing treble, I'm starting to enjoy the punch and bass impact/tone of the 1.5. Would the ASG 2.5 or Harmony be a blend of these two sound sigs with all the extra bass and the tweeters, or is it different again? Looking at whether it would be better to put the 1.5 or both up for sale and pick up a 2.5 or Harmony while they are still available for general sale if either of those is the best of both worlds. Any Aurisonics frequent flyers have any suggestions? Basically looking for a 'phone with the bass impact and depth of the 1.5 that you don't have to drag out of the mud with EQ to hear the high notes!

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #4,650 of 6,413
General question - I have the ASG1plus and ASG 1.5 to listen to at the moment. Love the balanced sound of the 1plus, and after serious EQ to add the missing treble, I'm starting to enjoy the punch and bass impact/tone of the 1.5. Would the ASG 2.5 or Harmony be a blend of these two sound sigs with all the extra bass and the tweeters, or is it different again? Looking at whether it would be better to put the 1.5 or both up for sale and pick up a 2.5 or Harmony while they are still available for general sale if either of those is the best of both worlds. Any Aurisonics frequent flyers have any suggestions? Basically looking for a 'phone with the bass impact and depth of the 1.5 that you don't have to drag out of the mud with EQ to hear the high notes!
I enjoying the Forte, Harmony and three universal 2.5. Now I want a custom 2.5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back