Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 5, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #4,606 of 6,413
Btw rockets and eva still available at hifiheadphones.
Has the picture on there been flipped over for the Harmony? Their picture has a red dot in the logo, but mine is blue for the left ear not red!

Thanks! I'm now waiting for the Rockets, always been interested in them and this was too good to pass on. I kind if regret already not getting the EVA as well but I was afraid that the Rockets should be sold out so I didn't have time to fo my research. I'm still considering pucking up the EVA as well but even after a lot of research I've not been able to learn much about them.

Anyone in here with them or that have heard them that could shed some light on them?

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #4,607 of 6,413
Thanks! I'm now waiting for the Rockets, always been interested in them and this was too good to pass on. I kind if regret already not getting the EVA as well but I was afraid that the Rockets should be sold out so I didn't have time to fo my research. I'm still considering pucking up the EVA as well but even after a lot of research I've not been able to learn much about them.

Anyone in here with them or that have heard them that could shed some light on them?

I Can't find anything on the EVA's either. I'm assuming thats why they are the only ones left in stock.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #4,608 of 6,413
I just received a used Aurisonics Forte from the forums here that I bought.

Is it just me or does the treble/upper treble sound a bit unnatural and maybe a little harsh? I'm pretty sure I got a decent seal but will continue to try all the tips in a bit. Sounds a bit like "TSHH" but like VERY exaggerated and unnatural. 

EDIT: Tried one side with the Spinfit tips and it pretty much was fixed but just that I risk having the tips stuck in my ears when I pull them out.

What tips do you guys recommend?

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #4,609 of 6,413

Is it just me or does the treble/upper treble sound a bit unnatural and maybe a little harsh? I'm pretty sure I got a decent seal but will continue to try all the tips in a bit. Sounds a bit like "TSHH" but like VERY exaggerated and unnatural. 

EDIT: Tried one side with the Spinfit tips and it pretty much was fixed but just that I risk having the tips stuck in my ears when I pull them out.

The Forte has rounded treble so yes if one has a bad fit then you will get that. Best tips for me is Comply foam tips size 400.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #4,610 of 6,413
Heard that mentioned more than once, but not had it with my Harmonys. Have listened out for it as well.

I suspect the Eva is probably quite good at the current price. It probably uses the same 9mm driver as the rest of the range, but tuned for a bit less bass than the kicker. I doubt it is lacking in bass though based on the rest of the range.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #4,611 of 6,413
I asked yesterday if they could still do AS-2.5 CIEMs and they said yes. I'm not really sure what the deal is with the AS/ASG line now since they haven't changed their website or confirmed anything. Waiting for follow-up from AS.
customs has a better bass port and improved treble.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #4,612 of 6,413
I use comply 400 as well (tsx400) I pretty much dismissed the stock tips within 5 mins and had complys delivered the next day.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #4,613 of 6,413
The Forte has rounded treble so yes if one has a bad fit then you will get that. Best tips for me is Comply foam tips size 400.

I use comply 400 as well (tsx400) I pretty much dismissed the stock tips within 5 mins and had complys delivered the next day.

I'm not a huge comply tips fan. I find them very inconvenient to put on especially on the move, and that I will be putting them in and out of my ears very frequently.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #4,614 of 6,413
I'm not a huge comply tips fan. I find them very inconvenient to put on especially on the move, and that I will be putting them in and out of my ears very frequently.
Do this, buy custom iems then you will love comply tips cause customs are way more work. I travel 3 hrs a day, everyday and I put in my iems with one hand on the go meaning while walking through crowded side walks.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #4,615 of 6,413
Do this, buy custom iems then you will love comply tips cause customs are way more work. I travel 3 hrs a day, everyday and I put in my iems with one hand on the go meaning while walking through crowded side walks.

Oh, I won't be buying any customs soon. I'm too broke and impatient to get some customs haha.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #4,616 of 6,413

Heard that mentioned more than once, but not had it with my Harmonys. Have listened out for it as well.

I suspect the Eva is probably quite good at the current price. It probably uses the same 9mm driver as the rest of the range, but tuned for a bit less bass than the kicker. I doubt it is lacking in bass though based on the rest of the range.

I have the unnatural treble on certain songs with my Harmony. Tried various tips but it's still there. I have ordered a pair of Spinfit now. I hope those will help.

The Eva is not in line with the tuning of the others in the Bravo series. It's more mid focused and it lacks bass. I've mentioned it before in this thread. They sound nice but do not expect much bass.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #4,617 of 6,413
I have the unnatural treble on certain songs with my Harmony. Tried various tips but it's still there. I have ordered a pair of Spinfit now. I hope those will help.

The Eva is not in line of the others in the Bravo series. It's more mid focused and it lacks bass. I've mentioned it before in this thread. They sound nice but do not expect much bass.

The bore opening on the spinfit tips are a bit too big and so you risk having the tips stuck in your ears when you pull them back out. Just a head's ups (and at least mine were).

The tips fell out right when I pulled the IEMs out. *shivers*

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #4,618 of 6,413
The bore opening on the spinfit tips are a bit too big and so you risk having the tips stuck in your ears when you pull them back out. Just a head's ups (and at least mine were).

The tips fell out right when I pulled the IEMs out. *shivers*

There are other members using the Spinfits (cp100) with the Bravo series. Just make sure they go over the base of the nozzle. That seems to work.

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #4,619 of 6,413
There are other members using the Spinfits (cp100) with the Bravo series. Just make sure they go over the base of the nozzle. That seems to work.

You mean like this?

Also, I had some triple flange tips lying around so I tried those. Literal bass monsters and REALLY cut out the treble and mids. Never again.

EDIT: Welp, with the spinfit tips, it has definitely tamed the part of the treble that was annoying me by a bit. It is still kinda there but without the harsh 'S' notes. Sounds a bit like slapping a wet piece of meat. You win some, you lose some I guess.

EDIT EDIT: I had to EQ 8 kHz down a bit on PowerAMP. It was really getting to me. Sounds a lot more bearable.

Feb 6, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #4,620 of 6,413
Cowon Plenue M with 2.5 with Silver cable = total joy, no desire to look for another "end game".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back