Europe Deals Thread
Nov 30, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #1,399 of 2,497

FiiO X5 2nd Generation £206.70

FiiO-X5-Generation

Warning - I reckon that one is dodgy as it asks to contact them directly.

Amazon is swarming with dodgy dealers that set up bogus company names and as others have said, seem to hack into other genuine websites.

Amazon really need to get their act together! 
confused.gif

Edit: likewise, I removed the link

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #1,401 of 2,497

Sennheiser HD 558   £59.95

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones-Technology/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_6?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1480531185&sr=1-6

Thanks Rolf, I just bought one, I don't have any senns yet - is it worth buying??? 
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #1,402 of 2,497

Thanks Rolf, I just bought one, I don't have any senns yet - is it worth buying??? 
wink.gif

U are most welcome sir :)
I haven´t heard the 558´s but lots of people seems to like them and the price is 4 sure good. 
Worst case u can always sell them if u don´t like them and not loose much.
This should get u an idea how they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LWDMzDVIHg

Nov 30, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #1,404 of 2,497
That's a fantastic price.Did you get one? I will keep out for the future discounts.
I will get it for my cheap Zishan DSD 256 player.

I think he meant to say 200GB Sandisk for £43?

I had a Sandisk 64GB that stopped working for me recently (lost all data) so will stick with Samsung. 

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #1,405 of 2,497

wink.gif

I bought some 598SE's last cyber moday at €99 taking the view that the worst case scenario would be that I had a good pair of 'guest' headphones if some friends visited, and the best case was that I had a decent pair of open back headphones for myself.

i guess that you can look at things with a similar perspective.

Nov 30, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #1,406 of 2,497
  I bought some 598SE's last cyber moday at €99 taking the view that the worst case scenario would be that I had a good pair of 'guest' headphones if some friends visited, and the best case was that I had a decent pair of open back headphones for myself.

i guess that you can look at things with a similar perspective.

Did you like them?

Yes i guess it´s all relative :wink: 
But it´s getting harder and harder to motivate buying HP´s .. especially to my girlfriend 
happy_face1.gif

Nov 30, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #1,407 of 2,497
Did you like them?

Yes i guess it´s all relative :wink: 
But it´s getting harder and harder to motivate buying HP´s .. especially to my girlfriend :happy_face1:

It is all 'horses for courses'.
I use the sennheiser when I want the more airy soundstage that you get with open back headphones. Also in the summer when closed back headphones can feel too hot.
Most of the time I either use Beyer dt770 pros, if I don't want to disturb my sleeping cat, or Beyer t51i because the tesla technology reveals great detail in some jazz instruments.

I don't think one headphone can be best for all use cases, so I don't frustrate myself trying to find the perfect headphone for all situations.

Would I buy the sennheiser today? Maybe not, because I am curious about the nighthawks and focal Elear, but they both cost a lot more than the sennheiser.

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #1,408 of 2,497
It is all 'horses for courses'.
I use the sennheiser when I want the more airy soundstage that you get with open back headphones. Also in the summer when closed back headphones can feel too hot.
Most of the time I either use Beyer dt770 pros, if I don't want to disturb my sleeping cat, or Beyer t51i because the tesla technology reveals great detail in some jazz instruments.

I don't think one headphone can be best for all use cases, so I don't frustrate myself trying to find the perfect headphone for all situations.

Would I buy the sennheiser today? Maybe not, because I am curious about the nighthawks and focal Elear, but they both cost a lot more than the sennheiser.

I recently bought dt770 pros, dt880 edition & dt990 pro´s all at once after a few to many lol  
Cant say i regret it though 
beerchug.gif

The beyers are crazy cheap in eu though.. God bless :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back