Europe Deals Thread
Aug 26, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #1,216 of 2,497
Lotoo PAW 5000 High Resolution Audio Players - Ex Review Models

We have a small quantity of ex review models up for sale - These have all been tested, all missing accessories replaced and player returned to factory settings. These are reduced until cleared through at the bargin price of £169.00.

Get em while you can!

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/lotoo-paw-5000-portable-lossless-digital-audio-player-4362.html

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,218 of 2,497
  Excellent. Got any LPG for sale?

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/MP3_Players.1/Lotoo.665/PAWGOLD/Lotoo_PAW_Gold_Portable_Digital_Audio_Player___DAC.14976.html

£1,214.99 New instead of £1499.00 using code YIELD#%10 for the next 3 hours
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #1,221 of 2,497
  removed as looks suspect

Definitely a scam, there has been reports of stolen Amazon accounts, and the "flashy" seller information asking to contact the vendor directly before ordering is VERY typical of scammers.

People should stop dreaming they can get brand new stuff for less than 50% of the original price. Selling for less than stocking price is forbidden by law in EU. Any discount beyond 30-40% is therefore more than suspicious.

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #1,222 of 2,497

Definitely a scam, there has been reports of stolen Amazon accounts, and the "flashy" seller information asking to contact the vendor directly before ordering is VERY typical of scammers.

People should stop dreaming they can get brand new stuff for less than 50% of the original price. Selling for less than stocking price is forbidden by law in EU. Any discount beyond 30-40% is therefore more than suspicious.

Im surprised Amazon dont clamp down on this, its really bad, if you could remove the link from post quote please

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #1,223 of 2,497
It started early this year on German Amazon, and then spread to French Amazon.
They clean such accounts from time to time, but it's coming back.
It's very focused on high-end DAPs and audio stuff, meaning it's probably a very small number of scammers.

The bad thing is that it ruins the reputation of the original vendors, since they receives orders that they cannot honor because of the false pricetags. In the meantime, gullible people who contacted the scammer outside of the Amazon interface as required during scam give away their money for nothing.

Sep 9, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #1,224 of 2,497
  It started early this year on German Amazon, and then spread to French Amazon.
They clean such accounts from time to time, but it's coming back.
It's very focused on high-end DAPs and audio stuff, meaning it's probably a very small number of scammers.

The bad thing is that it ruins the reputation of the original vendors, since they receives orders that they cannot honor because of the false pricetags. In the meantime, gullible people who contacted the scammer outside of the Amazon interface as required during scam give away their money for nothing.

Thanks didn't know a high profile site like Amazon.de is so heavily compromised thought it would be front page news

Sep 9, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #1,225 of 2,497
Well, as long as you buy stuff from Amazon, you're quite safe.
And even with tier vendors, as long as you pay through the Amazon UI, you'll be refunded by Amazon in case of scam/issue/loss.

So the risk is minimal.

Sep 9, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #1,227 of 2,497
Yeah, it's been going on for months - affected by all the European Amazons, UK, DE, FR, IT, ES. Pulled the trigger late at night on such a deal due to the vendor looking reputable, but should've checked better. The order got cancelled after a few days, and the money/CC transaction refunded in a wee bit over a week. A nuisance, not a real risk, as previously mentioned.

The storefront on these scammers have 2000+ pages of items with these prices, and some capslocked contact me-crap, usually in German (instead of a title/desc of a reputable vendor).
There seems to be two scams now on an item I'm watching, with more than 60% off with a title/desc: EchtschmuckStenzel NEU !!! ACHTUNG !! ++Bevor Sie die Bestellung machen, bitte kontaktieren Sie mich unter : along with an e-mail address.

My order cancellation was given this info:
Unfortunately we have to inform you that there was an illegal intervention in our Amazon account on Wednesday evening. ...

This order will therefore be canceled and the already paid amount will be reimbursed shortly via Amazon.

Hope this helps on people avoiding the nuisance.

Edit: The vendor I bought from WAS very reputable, feedback was overwhelmingly positive for several years, and an active seller, but they got hacked.

Sep 14, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #1,228 of 2,497
Not just EU my friends, US has become a victim to such scammers on Amazon. There was a seller trying to sell a Lotoo Paw Gold on US Amazon for $800. Although I had my suspicion, I never could find any info about such scam sellers on US Amazon, when I did a quick google search. So, half wishing that it would be my lucky day and, highly hoping that the seller would be legit, I contacted the seller via both Amazon and email. Within hours after my effort to contact the seller, Seller's account disappeared on Amazon, so never got a reply back on Amazon. Right then, I was 99% sure that this was a scam. The next day the Seller responded to my email and was being very polite and courteous and said that I would receive an email from Amazon to process the payment. That confirmed it 100%. The very same day, I checked Amazon Germany and there were 2 similar low price listings for Lotoo Paw Gold and it disappeared in a couple of hours.

Sep 15, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,229 of 2,497
Sep 16, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #1,230 of 2,497
I bought yesterday Sony MDR-100ABN (Black) Bluetooth Headphones for 199 euro on Amazon Italia:

https://www.amazon.it/Sony-MDR-100ABN-Eliminazione-Pieghevole-Bluetooth/dp/B01EANK8ZO

I think that it is an excellent price!

I will use them with my Sony NWZ-A17 connected in LDAC Mode as they are a more portable version of my Sony MDR-1ABT...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back