Etymotic ER6i
Feb 18, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #46 of 57
holy moly, these are tiny. I just got a new pair in the mail from amazon, and so far they seem perfect to fit my needs with the biflanges. The bass isn't that bad actually. I was expecting much worse from what everyone has been telling me. I bought the shure black foamies too, but they are too big! so sad.

Feb 18, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #47 of 57
just ordered them for just under £50 - should get them end of the week
biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone for the useful advice - great forum.

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #49 of 57
I got mediums...but apparently my ears are smalls. Usually I fit mediums on any sleeve okay, but not these foamies. That is okay though, the biflanges are real nice.

I really like these etys. I am sad that I held off on them for so long.

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
holy moly, these are tiny. I just got a new pair in the mail from amazon, and so far they seem perfect to fit my needs with the biflanges. The bass isn't that bad actually. I was expecting much worse from what everyone has been telling me. I bought the shure black foamies too, but they are too big! so sad.

Yeah, the first time I heard the ety's I definitely thought "these have way more bass than I excpected", based off of what people had said. Don't throw those mediums away...just put them in the fs...mediums fit me fine, I was almost worried they would be too small, but they fit just fine.

Feb 19, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #52 of 57
I tried all the tips on mine, as I thought they sounded tinny. The longer tips sounded worse IMO. A friend suggested that Ety's with custom moulds are the go and it doesn't surprise me. I changed to the smallest tips when using them to get the best sound. The foam tips were by far the worst. Overall though they are better at isolation than sounding good. I just don't enjoy listening to music with them.

Feb 23, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #53 of 57
I've got 'em
smily_headphones1.gif
Cost me just under £50 and they look great, though a couple of the tips are slightly twisted... So far they seem good but haven't listened to them in a noisy environment yet - got a flight tomorrow with which to do that. Isolation seems, as far as I can tell, to be pretty similar to sticking your fingers in your ears, which is awesome.
Thanks again for the help.

Feb 24, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #54 of 57
I was thinking of getting the er6i's and I was wondering about black olives, the marshmallow foams fit my ears pretty well but I could take something just a little bit larger, does anyone know how medium shure olives compare to the jvc fx-33 foamies?

Feb 24, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #55 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicallySilent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking of getting the er6i's and I was wondering about black olives, the marshmallow foams fit my ears pretty well but I could take something just a little bit larger, does anyone know how medium shure olives compare to the jvc fx-33 foamies?

I have the small shure olives and they're just a wee bit smaller than the FX-33 foamies, so you'd be good with the mediums I think.

Jul 31, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #56 of 57
I think I can't resist any more and will try these. And I don't even need another pair of earphones, CX 500 was doing a mediocre job for me and I thought I was alright until...I joined head-fi
mad.gif

Well I didn't bump this thread just to state how head-fi has been emptying my wallet as you can guess. I couldn't find much information about ER6i's soundstage and clarity. Can someone comment on these two? I think it will be an improvement compared to cx 500 any way but would be nice to hear from other people who tried higher end earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back