Etymotic ER6i
Feb 17, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #31 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwildebeest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ClieOS: you have both sets in your signature - what's your opinion?
Thanks

I have the older version (the X3, not the X3i), therefore I can't really say which one I prefer.

Feb 17, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #32 of 57
"I hate my ER6i's most with the tri-flanges. It all sounds so weak and tinny..."

I'm fairly certain that the "Etys have NO bass" opinions come from people using only the tri-flanges or the bi-flanges. The foamies temper that.

I like the black Shure foamies with the Etys, but I like the gray Comply foams more, especially for fit and comfort (I use the short Complys, which allow the tiny Etys to insert deeply into the ear and serve as an effective ear plug even without music playing ... they seem to stay in best of all ... of course, they don't last as impressively long as the Shure foamies do).

Feb 17, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

do you know if the er6i isolation is a lot better than the x3i? it's an important factor to me...
also what is the difference between the BLK-B and BLK-C?

Cheers

ClieOS: you have both sets in your signature - what's your opinion?
Thanks

I'm pretty sure the isolation would be better considering that the Ety's are IEM's and the x3's and x3i's are canalphones which don't go as deep as IEM's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rastek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many thanks frasey, especially for the links. Didn't know Amazon had these. Thanks as well to quiksilver and pez. I'll try the black olives.:.

np, I enjoy helping people on here. just giving back to the community that gave to me (just not to my wallet
wink.gif
)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I hate my ER6i's most with the tri-flanges. It all sounds so weak and tinny..."

I'm fairly certain that the "Etys have NO bass" opinions come from people using only the tri-flanges or the bi-flanges. The foamies temper that.

I like the black Shure foamies with the Etys, but I like the gray Comply foams more, especially for fit and comfort (I use the short Complys, which allow the tiny Etys to insert deeply into the ear and serve as an effective ear plug even without music playing ... they seem to stay in best of all ... of course, they don't last as impressively long as the Shure foamies do).

Even with washing the Complys have lasted me for 4 months...It's probably because they are bigger than my ear canal.

Feb 17, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #34 of 57
Thanks pez and others for advice. But thanks to you I just bought a pair of er6is and the shure grey sleeves. (DARN YOU!) I had interest in these back when they were only found in just white...so when these came out in black I was extra excited, but the fear of brightness and nonexistent bass scared me. However, I hope to find that the shure black foamies will add a little more umph! I hear soozieq has had some success with the klipsch comfort/contour gels. If I can find those, I hope to try those out too.

Feb 17, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #35 of 57
Hehehe it was all part of my evil plan
biggrin.gif
. But I do really think you'll enjoy them, if not, just throw them over my way, there's something I want to try with them.

Feb 17, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #37 of 57
Yeah, i'm definitely betting that the ER-6i's are better than the e2c's.

Feb 17, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #40 of 57
I had the shure e2c as my first IEM and it was really bad, like others said its big from an IEM, uncomfortable and really, really muddy sounding

Feb 17, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #41 of 57
well um...i've always wanted to try any kind of shures, so next time throw them away my way. I might hate them, but as they say, another mans trash is another man's treasure
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Black Olives are the foam ones here Amazon.com: Shure PA910M Replacement Black Foam Sleeves (Medium) for Shure SE210, SE310, SE420, SE530 and SE530PTH Earphones: Electronics or here Shure - Black Foam Sleeves for Earphones.

I hate my ER6i's most with the tri-flanges. It all sounds so weak and tinny... You'll definatly notice the improvement going to the olives.
smily_headphones1.gif

Will these also fit on the ER4P model and how does one know which size to get,
also how much of a difference is there between the Er6i and the ER4P?

Feb 18, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #44 of 57
Quote:

the er6i phones aren't ipod specific are they? Ive got a zen... :S

Not iPod specific at all. I've used them with my iPod, Zune, computer, home theater receiver, etc.

Feb 18, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #45 of 57
Quote:

the er6i phones aren't ipod specific are they? Ive got a zen... :S

The ER6i's have lower impedence than the ER6 so they are easier to drive with portable audio units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back