ETHER 2: Impressions and Discussion
Aug 5, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #3,031 of 3,207
Fortunately I don't even have the need to do that, they are just about perfect for me, and make my bedside system a nice switch up from my Sus.

Recently bought a new source 5390 Latitude tablet as a streaming source, other was a iPad air via cck, this deletes the need for that so that's a plus to, and it finally completed my two system set up. I highly recommend these dells, great efficient low noise machine for 150-180, these are a bargain considering a few years back they were 2k lol just make sure you get the 5390 not the 5385, 90 can run win 11 since it has a 8th gen processor, but sure glad I didn't buy a new one..talk about depreciation! 😆
The treble isn't a disqualification and compared to so much gear being too treble happy these days - it's almost welcome. But it's not as accurate as say the Susvara or Voce.

Windows? PC's? 30 years as a software Eng/Architect and 20 years of music via PC?
Not for me.

Aug 13, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #3,032 of 3,207
Has anyone else tried to install the new removable pads on their Ether 2? The instructions say the pad should be able to rotate after installing, but mine are fixed in position. If I try to rotate them, they don't move or, if I use more force, the pads come off. I followed the brief instructions.

My kit was also missing the parts of updating the original pads. Already reached out to DCA about that. Very frustrating experience.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #3,033 of 3,207
Has anyone else tried to install the new removable pads on their Ether 2? The instructions say the pad should be able to rotate after installing, but mine are fixed in position. If I try to rotate them, they don't move or, if I use more force, the pads come off. I followed the brief instructions.

My kit was also missing the parts of updating the original pads. Already reached out to DCA about that. Very frustrating experience.

I could be wrong but I believe the rotating illustration is the means by which you secure and ensure a uniform adhesion to the headphone. You can of course remove them, and rotate the pad to fit the contour of your face better

Aug 16, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #3,035 of 3,207
I could be wrong but I believe the rotating illustration is the means by which you secure and ensure a uniform adhesion to the headphone. You can of course remove them, and rotate the pad to fit the contour of your face better

You are correct, thank you. The picture is a bit misleading, but the text is quite clear about it. My bad.

Sep 14, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #3,037 of 3,207
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but does anyone know anyone within the EU who makes custom cables for Dan Clarke headphones? Someone small enough that you can actually speak to them for a custom order? I only know of two places in the UK, but I'd rather avoid the Brexit tax if I can...

Sep 14, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #3,038 of 3,207
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but does anyone know anyone within the EU who makes custom cables for Dan Clarke headphones? Someone small enough that you can actually speak to them for a custom order? I only know of two places in the UK, but I'd rather avoid the Brexit tax if I can...
Forza Audioworks from Poland. How much they do custom works I don't know but ask them.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/forza-audioworks-impressions-thread.661441/

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=72

Sep 15, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #3,039 of 3,207
I have used Forza Audio Works Hybrid Noir HPC for quite some time now. I much prefer it to the standard DCA cables. It works really well with the Ether 2 and the Ether Flow Open. I have ordered twice from FAW and found them pleasant and easy to deal with.

Oct 11, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #3,040 of 3,207
Waiting for ether 2 next week. Really curious. I tried, last two week, a aeon 2 noire. Wasn't impressed. I think for the price is a good headphone but i didn't like the high frequencies

Oct 24, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #3,041 of 3,207
Finally in my house. So light and well built. The cable is the best found in an headphone

Attachments

• IMG-20221024-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20221024-WA0009.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Oct 24, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #3,042 of 3,207
... The cable is the best found in an headphone
Agree. Ergonomics are great. Occasionally I toy with the idea of getting some adapters to let me use it with some of my other cans.

Oct 25, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #3,043 of 3,207
Do you guys know if they always came with the same cable or do newer versions get an improved cable? For instance I bought mine pre-owned (sounds better than saying used) and it came with the 10-ft balanced cable that uses for pin XLR connector. It seems like a great cable but I just wonder if people buying now get an even better cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back