Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 16, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #14,236 of 40,579
I believe this is the case that comes with the Campfire Andromeda (I bought the case separately).

I use it to put my Bravado in. EE should make a similar size case in the future :wink:

Hello, I wonder if the Lotoo Paw Gold could fit in this case. I wonder if you would be so kind as to give me the internal dimensions :D

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #14,237 of 40,579
I too am a devotee of the power of 8-wires. The Thor II Bespoke skyrocketed to become the best cable I've heard.

Will get mine on Monday. Incredibly fast. it was shipped last Thursday from Singapore and was yesterday already in Germany, customs cleared and ready to end up in my caring, gentle....shaking hands. Another version of this scene on the stairs could be... i snag the shipment embracing it while croaking "my preciousss"... slobber.

giphy.gif

Man, after Pinkys comment the waiting time probably will ruin my weekend...

Hello, I wonder if the Lotoo Paw Gold could fit in this case. I wonder if you would be so kind as to give me the internal dimensions :D

It won't fit. By far not enough space inside. Even with an 8braided cable it would run very short.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #14,238 of 40,579
Jun 16, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #14,239 of 40,579
I'm not part of the Chord Cult or anything but it'd be the cat's ass if they decided to make a DAP someday
Sadly, I very much doubt they ever will, seeing how they have been promoting the Mojo/Poly combo with the statement "the DAP is dead". I find it a bit odd that Chord would adopt that strategy when the Mojo/AK70 has been a hugely popular pairing and it is clear that not everyone uses their phone as a transport.

Anyway, not to steer things off topic, yesterday I was listening to Karajan's Beethoven 9th symphony with my Phantom and Ares II 8-wire and this pairing keeps impressing me with its grand and dynamic presentation. It is so vibrant and feels alive at times. Really loving it!

Jun 16, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #14,240 of 40,579
I have a pair of silver litz cable for my shure 846 (MMCX)

I would like to use this cable in place of the Ares II. can I know the connect standard for Empire Ears is 0.78mm? In other words, the empire ears share the same connector as W4R ?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #14,241 of 40,579
I have a pair of silver litz cable for my shure 846 (MMCX)

I would like to use this cable in place of the Ares II. can I know the connect standard for Empire Ears is 0.78mm? In other words, the empire ears share the same connector as W4R ?

chua, it is 0.78mm, you can always change the mmcx to 0.78

Jun 16, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #14,242 of 40,579
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-mint-condition-350.882165/
Whoa! That's gotta be the quickest upgrade in HF history! : ) I went from auditioning H2 to Moly to DAP and tough to beat a DAP for that trifecta of quality, price and convenience. I'm not part of the Chord Cult or anything but it'd be the cat's ass if they decided to make a DAP someday

Yeah, it’s not my cup of tea. The SQ was unbelievable but it needed too many cables etc. to make it portable. Got myself a Cayin N5ii. Just more $ for Charles.

2C94E6A3-0E43-4C41-84B9-541590696D39.jpeg

Anyhow, I’m closing that ad. It’s sold. Apparently I sold it at a good price and it’s hard to find Chord Mojos in Canada for that price.

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #14,243 of 40,579
Been using 2.5mm with my Bravado on my Cayin N5ii and it sounds noticeably better than 3.5mm.

Btw, I tried Comply T-500 and they suck with the Bravado. Don’t do it. Stock tips are the best.

Jun 17, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #14,244 of 40,579
Spiral dots sounded the best on my phantoms but the design of the bore makes the tips slip

Jun 17, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #14,246 of 40,579
Spiral dots sounded the best on my phantoms but the design of the bore makes the tips slip
Final Audio are very good with EE, but I am currently using Symbio (hybrid) and they seem a bit better with my Zeus. I thought Spirals were good with the Phantom, had no issues with them coming off the bore. Try wiggling the iem to break the seal, then ease it out at an angle, don't pull it straight out. .

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #14,247 of 40,579
Did get FedEx mail in the end yesterday: 22.89eur customs/fees, :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug: all around to everyone!

a bargain, if you ask me - i can not imagine what the taxes would have been if i had one arriving in Greece

enjoy your new toy (legend , if i remember correctly?)

also let us know how they sound next to Zeus - i realized yesterday that my next buy , if/when my Zeus XR break down, will probably be Zeus XR again :heart_eyes:

i am where i want to be , sound wise with mighty ol' Zeus - that it sounds great with a measly 150$ cable only makes it even more worthwhile

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #14,248 of 40,579
a bargain, if you ask me - i can not imagine what the taxes would have been if i had one arriving in Greece

enjoy your new toy (legend , if i remember correctly?)

also let us know how they sound next to Zeus - i realized yesterday that my next buy , if/when my Zeus XR break down, will probably be Zeus XR again :heart_eyes:

i am where i want to be , sound wise with mighty ol' Zeus - that it sounds great with a measly 150$ cable only makes it even more worthwhile

Then "endgame" isn't just wishful thinking beyond reality :) It exists! Good to know :wink:

Jun 18, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #14,249 of 40,579
IMG_20180608_200443.jpg

8 - Wire believers are emerging. Believe it or not, they sounded (and look) so beautiful. Going all out for lush bass and richness in the vocals on the Legend X. Such an impactful cable from Effect Audio.

Jun 18, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #14,250 of 40,579
Today my bespoke 8 wire Thor Silver II (with 2,5 mm PSquared plug !) arrived :) I'd like to share some images...
Definitely an awsome pairing with the LX @ Hugo2
Edit: It's truly majestic! Electronic music sounds insanely energetic and the PSquared plug really seems to add some micro details. I'm totally blown away.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back