Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 17, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #5,476 of 40,671
athena owners , share your favorite dap please 
gs1000.gif

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #5,478 of 40,671
I don't fine the U12 (I have Universals) to be slow. More relaxed. Slow makes me think of flabby, which doesn't apply to any part of the U12. It's quite tight, controlled, and agile. But it doesn't have the energy of something with more treble. It's an easy listen, which is where so much of my love for them comes from. It's like the LCD-2 in that way.

But yes, it does have A LOT of bass.
biggrin.gif

Sometimes we used words that do not mean the same to everybody :wink:
When I said slow I was trying to explain that IMHO the quantity of bass in A12 dirty some songs.

For example I usually make my tests listening "Bubbles" by Yoshi Horikawa.
This is a great song to test the relation between detail and bass in headphones or IEMs.

With the A12 you get details in the mids and the highs but you need a very controlled and fast bass to avoid dirty the song.  
And in this song the A10 do a better job that A12, but not at the level of the impressive ZEUS XR. 

But of course it is just my opinion :wink:
It does not mean that A12 or A10 are bad IEMs.

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #5,479 of 40,671
guys, do u all experience channel imbalance, i have used my spartan iv w/o adel customs for 1 week, seems like the left monitor is softer. hence i used the balance function on x3ii and switched it 1 step to the left. and it sounds better. i wonder if it is placebo or is the music recorded in such a way? anyone care to shed some light on this?

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #5,480 of 40,671
  guys, do u all experience channel imbalance, i have used my spartan iv w/o adel customs for 1 week, seems like the left monitor is softer. hence i used the balance function on x3ii and switched it 1 step to the left. and it sounds better. i wonder if it is placebo or is the music recorded in such a way? anyone care to shed some light on this?

You can search on Youtube "channel test" to confirm. Oftentimes when we use songs to diagnose a problem it might be inaccurate as you said, the music might be recorded like that.

This page http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php and the links within the page are handy too.

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #5,481 of 40,671
Sometimes we used words that do not mean the same to everybody :wink:
When I said slow I was trying to explain that IMHO the quantity of bass in A12 dirty some songs.

For example I usually make my tests listening "Bubbles" by Yoshi Horikawa.
This is a great song to test the relation between detail and bass in headphones or IEMs.

With the A12 you get details in the mids and the highs but you need a very controlled and fast bass to avoid dirty the song.  
And in this song the A10 do a better job that A12, but not at the level of the impressive ZEUS XR. 

But of course it is just my opinion :wink:
It does not mean that A12 or A10 are bad IEMs.

It's cool. I know the U12/A12 is not for everybody. And of course, I've heard nothing but amazing things about Zeus.

I think it's like Canyon Runner said. I'm just really truly an LCD-2 kinda guy. :D

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #5,482 of 40,671
Is the quantity of bass in Zeus XR kinda low?
I find that U12 with G1 module to be the absolute minimum bass I require. B1 module is too bass light for me.

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #5,483 of 40,671
I find that U12 with G1 module to be the absolute minimum bass I require. B1 module is too bass light for me.

If you consider U12 + G1 as baseline, then yes, Zeus's bass is considerably low. U10's bass is lower than U12's bass. And Zeus's bass is lower than U10's bass. 

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #5,484 of 40,671

XR (not adel) is fantastic low end. Responds well to mild EQ without distorting, it's amazing. Idk about adel, but I imagine it lighter bass due to how it works

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #5,485 of 40,671

If you consider U12 + G1 as baseline, then yes, Zeus's bass is considerably low. U10's bass is lower than U12's bass. And Zeus's bass is lower than U10's bass. 

That sounds so painful. I need my bass to feel my music.
(I am secretly happy for my wallet)

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #5,486 of 40,671
XR (not adel) is fantastic low end. Responds well to mild EQ without distorting, it's amazing. Idk about adel, but I imagine it lighter bass due to how it works

I actually decided not to use anything other than ADEL for the sake of my ears. I once went wild with JH Rosie and my ears rang until I put U12 back on and listened to some music.

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #5,487 of 40,671
(I am secretly happy for my wallet)

You and me both.

I keep an eye on this thread because it's interesting to see how ADEL is received by the EE crowd. And while Zeus is one intriguing IEM, and I'd love a chance to try him out, I honestly think my U12 with B1 Module is the perfect IEM for me.

When I want something with more treble sparkle, I have my Solars in a box close at hand. :cool:

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #5,490 of 40,671
I actually decided not to use anything other than ADEL for the sake of my ears. I once went wild with JH Rosie and my ears rang until I put U12 back on and listened to some music.

I'm sure Adel does what it intends to do.

But original Zeus XIV or R or XR is a no compromise pleasure, even at high volumes it never shouts or is peaky or sibilant.

I experienced what you experienced with the Rosie from my former se846 (horrible iems BTW, I'm so glad to have moved on) idk how the se846 sells for over 300...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back